What's new

Izzzzymode Wins MKATX Tourney #21 w/ Footage

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
03/20/2016
Ooples Anime
1925 Rutland Dr. Austin Tx 78758

1. Izzzymode (Shaolin Kung Jin, Shirai Ryu Takeda)
2. RyuuJin882 (Ronin Takeda)
3. Reign (Piercing Mileena, WG Kotal)

Road to Grand Finals
This was a pretty low-key week, what with FR19 and this being the last weekend of Spring Break. So with only 8 kompetitors, there were high hopes for Izzzymode, Brytor and myself to perform well. However, a new player entered the arena to throw a wrench in things. SWM500Magnum brought us his MoS Ermac and quickly eliminated Brytor; whereupon Brytor immediately left the venue leaving behind a trail of salt.

Reign decided to spend his birthday playing MK with a bunch of nerds in a dimly lit Anime store while "slasher" anime was being projected on the opposite wall. His dedication paid dividends. He beat an oppressive 50/50 barrage from JD's KK and then exclaimed "I'm too old for this...". Despite calling that W luck, Reign would then enter training room to get a look at Ermac before his Losers Semi set with SWM500Magnum. SWM500Magnum caught a glimpse of this and did not play Ermac a single time in their set. Reign took it 3-0. Mindgames 101. For the first time since entering our scene, Reign was in the money.

In Winners Finals myself and Izzzzymode faced off. I dominated most of the set, and it was the first time I beat him in tournament. For Losers Finals Izzzzymode decided to play Shirai Ryu Takeda against Reign's Mileena instead of Shaolin. The decision paid off as he took the set 3-0.

Grand Finals RyuuJin882 (W) v Izzzzymode (L)

As expected this was the most competitive set of the night. Izzzzymode went up 2-0 fast. But I was able to bring it back 2-2. In game 5 he trapped me in the corner and I couldn't figure out how to escape. And I thought we were friends! After the bracket reset, it was all Izzzzymode from San Antonio. I did not make the right adjustments and played bad neutral. Izzzzymode took his first tournament win ever and he will return next week to defend his title!

Next Time...
In three weeks, we have had three different champions. Who's next to claim the throne in Austin? Find out if Izzzzymode can defend his title against Austin's best; including ATP who will return fresh off his top 16 placing at FR19!

Bracket
http://challonge.com/Mkatx21
Archive

@Dust
@DaZengie
@Lovein60FPS
@Freak_Shadow_616
@WynterEnd
@JerzeyReign
@ATP2014

Attachments