What's new

Ivy’s Pushblock Tech

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Can't see how anyone would be disappointed with the results of someone attempting to lab a character and create new tech, useless or not. There's been far worse tech posted on TYM for IJ2 that has received praise. Was a little hyped up but that's beside the point.

Back on topic, what happens if you commit to B3 cancel and I just block

Cursa

Ah yes, the "this was known" brigade is out in full force today.

And yet these same people can almost never link or cite specific sources of where the "known" tech was discussed before.

Never change.
MB B3/F3 cancels against push block were always known, which is what everyone is referring too.

Whether it was known with this setup isn't something I can answer but I haven't seen it

Cursa

Well from what I understand if I just block you've thrown away 3 bars of meter minimum. I don't know if you continue to get mix off of it but I am assume you would because I don't see how you wouldn't be able to mix off a block B3/F3 with trait out.

Cursa

To add onto my previous comment, even if you can mix, push block after a MB B3/F3 cancel is guaranteed since you'll never have enough bar to do it a second time.

Unless meter less B3 but I imagine there's options out of that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
FOR THE RECORD, I knew MB cancels beat out a pushblock. That’s not what I was referring too.

I was talking about MB canceling the pushblock allows Yoshi to stay. That was what I was hyping up. I hyped it a bit too much but I’m in no way talking about MB cancels itself. That’s been a thing since I1

And for the “this is already known” people, where tf are the threads and shit at? Oh ok stfu then lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The tech is common knowledge and not groundbreaking. I came in expecting something and got an expensive pushblock stopper that is universally used by quite a few characters in the corner.

Save yourself the meter and B3 out of the range of push-block (which is strong Ivy specific tech) and go from there.
Common knowledge yet it was NOWHERE to be found. Hmmm...

It’s 2 bars and it takes away their only safe option. Not expensive at all imo.

I’ll continue to use it. Don’t really care what you say lol.

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
It's okay to spend bar on this because...
1. Ivy builds hella meter
2. She can get meterless damage anyway

Guys khaotik is has been around long enough to know that MB cancelling beats push block this has been in since i1.

But this is pretty good because push block was the only way out of ivys pressure and now you're able to negate that. Making your opponent have no options for 2 bars I'm gonna build back anyways sounds pretty good.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

I have other videos showing other sequences also near patch release.

Again theres absolutely nothing wrong posting tech and showing it, I just expected more from the title of the post.
I'm confused, how is this supposed to open people up?

Also this doesn't show that armoring through pushblock keeps Yoshi out, which is sort of a big reason why he posted this thread in the first place.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'm confused, how is this supposed to open people up?

Also this doesn't show that armoring through pushblock keeps Yoshi out, which is sort of a big reason why he posted this thread in the first place.
It does great chip and meter build on block, you don't need to open them up you can just cash out the trait chip like you do full screen and build meter.

You don't have to spam datura at all you can cancel it and use MB F3 or dash up throw which with the new and improved Yoshi won't break when hit and just adds more damage to it. Another thing is you can activate MB datura at ant point also to cash in as a stagger or for the extra chip with the meter you've built up and they can't push-block that either. Once the threat of the situation forces your opponent to hold it, it opens up shimmy opportunities as they try to escape the situation with trait pinning them down.

Not everything needs to be flat out 50/50s and hard reads, sometimes putting your opponent in difficult situations can force them to make mistakes which you can capitalize on.

Again; I've use S2 BC before to bait push-block before with trait out and it is great, especially on a read when you think they don't want to hold the corner 50/50, it is expensive though and you won't always have the meter to spare and might be better used elsewhere.

Cursa

I thought raw B3 doesn't jail out of MB Grab -> Trait. Could be wrong on that but I honestly don't remember

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i think by gamebreaking he just meant it breaks the usual rules of the game (summon disappears on pushblock), not that it completely restructures how the game is played or something like that