What's new

Ivy’s Pushblock Tech

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

In order to understand the seriousness of this, please educate yourself to her corner game if you haven’t already done so:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/ivy’s-corner-shenanigans.65903/

https://testyourmight.com/threads/botanical-party-new-thorn-trait-setup.66555/

If you’re already educated, then we shall begin.

*You don’t have to do it after MB kiss. You can do it after any setup that has Yoshi involved*

I feel like this makes her corner game even nastier. The opponent has to deal with thorns, chip from Yoshi, chip from normals, and now they have to worry about being punished for pushblocking. Yes, it costs 2 bars but you’re completely safe even if they don’t pushblock. If they have the right read and do pushblock, they wasted a bar just to be stuck in the corner with thorns.

The reason why I say it’s gamebreaking is because Yoshi is supposed to go away on pushblock, yet he doesn’t.

Discuss

edited & promoted by HellblazerHawkman*

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I kinda agree with Sonic, this is really good stuff and it is odd that trait doesn't go away, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case with other chars like Atro or Batman though. Definitely cool, but not exactly game breaking.

In other words, Ivy is still top 1 #BuffFirestorm

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
The trait doesn't leave because Ivy's not actually being pushblocked and is instead absorbing the 'hit' from the pushblock with armor. The same thing happens if you try to pushblock the first hit of Raidens MB F3.
So other characters whose traits go away on pushblock should be able to keep their traits if they manage to find a way to absorb the pushblock.

Atro's trait meter doesn't deplete if you armour the pushblock attempt, it is universal, so there is nothing gamebreaking here

Wigy

There it is...
I Thought armouring pushblock and not loosing trait was well documented tech. I legit went into this like okay it cant be mb f3 cause everyone already knows that?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This is well known and in fact an expensive way of countering pushblock. You can use B3 and still keep yoshi out and they can't use pushblock, giving you ample opportunity to shimmy and open them up.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
as in meterless b3?
Yeah,I think some moves hurtboxes are so far behind the hitboxes that pushblock cant be activated because it has no hurtbox to collide with. I'm presuming its that or the fact that pushblock only works up until a certain distance means the pushback on some moves move it out of its radius.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is well known and in fact an expensive way of countering pushblock. You can use B3 and still keep yoshi out and they can't use pushblock, giving you ample opportunity to shimmy and open them up.
Before I posted this, opponents had ONE safe answer to avoid this.

Now, they don’t even have a safe answer anymore. Considering poking out isn’t safe, jumping out isn’t safe, armoring out isn’t safe, and now pushblocking isn’t safe, I don’t see the problem with spending 2 bars. People do 2 bar combos all the time, shit even 3.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Before I posted this, opponents had ONE safe answer to avoid this.

Now, they don’t even have a safe answer anymore. Considering poking out isn’t safe, jumping out isn’t safe, armoring out isn’t safe, and now pushblocking isn’t safe, I don’t see the problem with spending 2 bars. People do 2 bar combos all the time, shit even 3.
The tech is common knowledge and not groundbreaking. I came in expecting something and got an expensive pushblock stopper that is universally used by quite a few characters in the corner.

Save yourself the meter and B3 out of the range of push-block (which is strong Ivy specific tech) and go from there.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
The master of 20 minute videos with ten seconds worth of random value tech hidden somewhere in middle of them, is complaining about having his time wasted

Hahaha
Nice try, what have you done recently that has helped anyone even remotely?

I'm not the only one in the thread that has said this and nowhere did I mention my time was wasted; just disappointed with the final result.