What's new

Ivy’s Corner Shenanigans

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I talked about this a couple months ago but I’m just now having the time to actually post it.

Like I said before, I think Ivy’s corner game is HIGHLY underrated. She has the chip, the mixups, the setups, the damage, etc. Below will be a few clips showcasing what I mean

This is her most damaging corner combo that does 500 damage and ends in a restand. Of course there’s other ways to set this up but you get what I’m saying. Refer to @Red Raptor or my own YouTube page for more combos.

She can end combos with a HKD (preferably f213) and if you follow up with a well timed f3, it’ll cross up. If it’s blocked, who cares, it’s +2. If an opponent wakes up, who cares, armor that shit. You can do this midscreen as well.

THIS is the BIG one. I haven’t seen anyone talk about this and/or do this. I know @HeroesNZ found the initial concept but I studied it more and I believe I’m the one who found the 50/50 (correct me if I’m wrong). All you need is a bar and trait, which is very easy to get with Ivy. Once that happens, you can put your opponent into a safe blender. Yes...SAFE.

There’s more things like the Batman vortex @Zionix posted, guaranteed trait summonings on every character in the game after a knockdown(refer to my YouTube page), chip setups and more. I’ll add more to it when I get the chance but I wanted to start this and see what you guys think.

Guaranteed Pressure after Restand

Botanical Party

Hope this helps!

Buff Ivy

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This is actually insane, wow. Good shit man.

If only she had a bald head, white painted skin and her trait could literally shit on the opponent I'd be all over her

lil bit too late, but this corner "50\50" doesn't work consistently for me if opponent blocks 21... because of a push back

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
More corner stuff for ivy!

Brief explanation:
After the restand, ANY string she has jails. Cannot jump, poke, armor, etc. You are forced to hold it or pushblock. F3 is guaranteed as well but it doesn’t jail. You’ll catch their jump, which ultimately means they cannot jump.
There are clips showing the scenarios of what happens after the restand and if they try to jump out or anything like that.

Let me know what you guys think!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
More corner stuff for ivy!

Brief explanation:
After the restand, ANY string she has jails. Cannot jump, poke, armor, etc. You are forced to hold it or pushblock. F3 is guaranteed as well but it doesn’t jail. You’ll catch their jump, which ultimately means they cannot jump.
There are clips showing the scenarios of what happens after the restand and if they try to jump out or anything like that.

Let me know what you guys think!

This my friend, is the corner game of a top 5 character.

And now she has a wakeup of a top 5 character. This means she is a top 5 character.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
nerf pls.

Anyway, I'd rather deal with this than Flash really, but this is a close second.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yea I always said she was underrated but the buffs aren’t anything too huge *coughs Firestorm coughs*
Funnily enough, the FS buffs didn't actually change too much either. Just made him get trait once or twice more per game, which is definitely hella useful but didn't really change any of his bad MUs. However, he was just always super good and noone seemed to realise lol

Cursa

I think the low hits first, since in the video I believe Yoshi shoots his 2nd projectile "later" on the overhead option. I believe if you block low then stand up just as the 2nd projectile is about to hit it might fuzzy guard it.

Complete guess basically with like 2 minutes of lab time but yeah. Kinda hard to guess whether it's right in the lab considering I know which option is coming lol

Or could just, idk, pushblock, but I understand some people in this community don't like having to spend resources to get out of situations.

Last edited:

Cursa

Also I guess for gimmicks sake it CAN be super'd out of lmao