What's new

Its time for a fully open world MK game

Similar to GTA Online but called MK Online. It features all the realms in full detail and over time it could include everything thats ever been made in MK from stages to kharacters, finishers and game modes like Puzzle and chess Kombat. You start off by creating your kharacter with a robust kharacter kreator and then start exploring the realms. You can find treasure chest that contained anything from MK Kharacters to unlock, skins for those kharacters, all finishers from fatalities to animalities, music, etc... Team up with someone online to unlock certain puzzles that require two people like Shaolin Monks. There is just sooo much amazing potential for a game like this and it would be the ultimate fan service game.

Yup, the general fighting 2D model is just not my forte anymore anyway. Since we won’t get that, I hope we will get some new 2.5D / 3D with up close combat and dodging abilities.

Not before we get a good MK game with characters we actually want in it.
Yeah but you can have both if they get rid of story mode and put those resources towards the open world. Story mode cost them millions to make. Best case scenario would be to release the MK9 roster with a few extras in and over time add the rest to the online mode.

It would be awesome and the perfect way to finally show Edenia starting right before Outworld’s invasion, leading to two contrasting worlds to be explored. Only Problem would be the protagonist.

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I have a million questions about the MK world an open world game could answer.

The Netherrealm drains the power of sorcerers, why do they all seem to hang out there? What has the Brotherhood of Shadow been up to since they were introduced? How frequently do Orderrealmers defect to the Chaosrealm like we see in MKD? Does that ever happen in reverse? What were the circumstances that led to Raiden sacrificing the Zaterrans? Are they really all gone besides 3? The realm of the vampires and the holy kriss designed to hunt them needs to make a comeback. I need to know more about Shokan and Centaur culture. It was mentioned in passing that Shao Kahn was the same sort of being as Raiden. Wtf did that mean? Is he an immortal created to protect Outworld? I know that's not what Raiden is but still.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I loved the Mass Effect trilogy. The first game had a fantastic story, the second had amazing character development, and third had excellent set pieces.

What's wrong with the recent rosters?
I don’t particularly dislike the current rosters, I just don’t like guest characters being involved before other fan favorites are in the game. That’s all. Plenty of people have been waiting for Sareena since MK9 and even she has yet to be seen yet. That’s not cool imo and that’s the case with a few others characters. Just how I personally feel tho.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sadly NRS it's not taking ideas or suggestions on IPs as they said in their own site, yet, it seems they are willingly to "read it" randomly to a website and get a "wonderful idea" own their own and come up with something.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
The MK world definitely has the potential, but NRS won’t be able to make a satisfying open-world game. They don’t have the experience. It will be The Krypt 2.0, which is fine for a mini game, but is light years away from something like God of War.

The MK world definitely has the potential, but NRS won’t be able to make a satisfying open-world game. They don’t have the experience. It will be The Krypt 2.0, which is fine for a mini game, but is light years away from something like God of War.
I'd happily compromise with a modern action/adventure game.

I would be curious if they do decide to branch out with this idea, I just know most developers take a few tries to get those types of games right.
Level design, freeform combat and level up/reward systems are pretty complex things.
Same. The franchise obviously has experience with this genre, but it's been, what sixteen years since the last entry?