What's new

IT'S MAHVEL BAEBEE (MvCI General Discussion & Match Making Thread

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Premium Supporter
Sorry but you are wrong bro, MKX has an excellent roster.
That's just a matter of opinion, but Going from MK9 to MKX, I personally thought the rosters was missing key characters. I can understand someone new to the series that might find it good if it's their first time playing the game.

For the record there is no MK game with a bad roster.
That's not true at all. Did you Play the 3D series?

MVCI on the other hand is missing at least 10 chars that should have beem there and that is just from tbe Marvel side. And you have to blame both Marvel and Capcom for going with this roster.
Capcom has no control or say what so ever one what Disney allows. Marvel is going by what Disney says.

Linkuei82

Premium Supporter
Justin and Fchamp got early access to the game and was streaming it all yesterday if you guys are interested in taking a look at it.

They only could stream versus and training mode however. No online or story.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Sorry but you are wrong bro, MKX has an excellent roster. It has way more the enough of popular classics while also having the right number of newcomers and the guests are also great. For the record there is no MK game with a bad roster.

MVCI on the other hand is missing at least 10 chars that should have beem there and that is just from tbe Marvel side. And you have to blame both Marvel and Capcom for going with this roster.

I really want this game go be successful, MVC is my second all time favorite fighting series behind MK, but the roster and other featuers like the story which we got glimps of on the demo really hurt it's chances.
The newcomers with the exception of Cassie Cage were all trash tier. MKX has a bad roster. Rain should have been in the game over any of the newcomers or guest characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
The newcomers with the exception of Cassie Cage were all trash tier. MKX has a bad roster. Rain should have been in the game over any of the newcomers or guest characters.
Wtf are you talking about? Takeda was good, Kung Jin was top tier early on... And Tremor was top tier as soon as he dropped.

Rooks

Cold Azz Mulatto
S
MVCI on the other hand is missing at least 10 chars that should have beem there and that is just from tbe Marvel side
Laughing my ass off. Unless your counting Juggernaut or other half chars, there aren't even 10 other Marvel characters that have appeared in more than one game in the series.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel and Doom are the only iconic MvC characters that are missing. Venom is probably #6, and looks to be DLC here.

Even X-men fan favorites like Cyclops, Cable, Psylocke and Gambit would pale to those first 5. And to be fair, other Marvel properties should get their chance to shine.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That's just a matter of opinion, but Going from MK9 to MKX, I personally thought the rosters was missing key characters. I can understand someone new to the series that might find it good if it's their first time playing the game.

That's not true at all. Did you Play the 3D series?

Capcom has no control or say what so ever one what Disney allows. Marvel is going by what Disney says.
I played every MK game from MK1 all tge way to MKX, and yes there is no MK game with an overall bad roster. There are a a few bad chars like hsu hao, but each roster was overall from good to excellent. MKX roster was also aweslme as it had thd right number of popular classics and newcomers and they were all from good to amazing, including the guests. I can understand soneone being upset if one of the missibg chars ia his favorite, but objectively the roster is awesone and there a lot of popukar key chats there. There are games from other franchises that had far worse rosters from any MK game.

As for MVCI yes Disney controls Marvel and it is both Marvel and Disney's fault that the Marvel chars we want are not there. And Capcom is guilty that we dont have other key chars from their side.

I'm a fan of Rain, and even I am not going to deny the coolness factor that the newcomers brought just because Rain is not there. The newcomers are awesome, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Takeda, Erron Black etc; And the guests were also all from good to great.

Linkuei82

Premium Supporter
I played every MK game from MK1 all tge way to MKX, and yes there is no MK game with an overall bad roster. There are a a few bad chars like hsu hao, but each roster was overall from good to excellent. MKX roster was also aweslme as it had thd right number of popular classics and newcomers and they were all from good to amazing, including the guests. I can understand soneone being upset if one of the missibg chars ia his favorite, but objectively the roster is awesone and there a lot of popukar key chats there. There are games from other franchises that had far worse rosters from any MK game.

As for MVCI yes Disney controls Marvel and it is both Marvel and Disney's fault that the Marvel chars we want are not there. And Capcom is guilty that we dont have other key chars from their side.
Most of the new roosters from the 3D games were really terrible. Even the creators feel the same. If you think it's awesome though that's fine. Everyone is entitle to their opinion. I honestly thought the best rooster was in MK9/MKT and the best new characters introduced to the series was MK2 follow by MK3. No new characters has touched the best new characters when MK2 came out.

Roy Arkon

Most of the new roosters from the 3D games were really terrible. Even the creators feel the same. If you think it's awesome though that's fine. Everyone is entitle to their opinion. I honestly thought the best rooster was in MK9/MKT and the best new characters introduced to the series was MK2 follow by MK3. No new characters has touched the best new characters when MK2 came out.
They hated hsu hao and maybe a couple more but they didn't hate any of the other chars or the overall rosters, and they do not hate MKX' newcomers for sure. A lot of people do love the chars that came in the 3D games, like Frost and Havik and they wanted them to be in MKX. As for MKX newcomers people love them too, Derek Kertzik for example said the he loves Ferra/Torr. Now you can prefer the classic chars, that is fine, I love them too.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Sorry but you are wrong bro, MKX has an excellent roster. It has way more the enough of popular classics while also having the right number of newcomers and the guests are also great. For the record there is no MK game with a bad roster.

I really want this game go be successful, MVC is my second all time favorite fighting series behind MK, but the roster and other featuers like the story which we got glimps of on the demo really hurt it's chances.
Shitty story and roster? Seems like MKX to me

say what

swamp thing's s2
This seems like as good as thread as any to ask: what don't people like about MvCI gameplay wise? Is it simply the reduction from 3 characters to 2? I'm not talking about roster size or graphics.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I agree with the Capcom side choices, but as far as the Marvel character selection, that's all on Disney being petty on getting the rights back from Fox and Sony.
The capcom side is hot garbage to me, there's only 2 street fighter characters and that is THE fighting game for capcom. I get representing other series' but that's like only having 2 avengers because you need 2 x men 2 in humans 2 defenders 2 FF characters etc the mindset is dumb, we don't need nemesis or firebrand or even Arthur, he was a cool gimmicky character in 3 but he's a joke character and with a roster this small there's no room for that. Don't need spencer either.

The thing I don't understand the most tho is why complete change Ryu isn't in the game, it makes no sense to me. If you aren't gonna put Ken and Akuma in (and I'm fine with no Ken) at least do the Mvc1 thing and make Ryu transform into them it also makes Ryu a much more interesting and complete character. Idk Capcom is stupid lol

Roy Arkon

The capcom side is hot garbage to me, there's only 2 street fighter characters and that is THE fighting game for capcom. I get representing other series' but that's like only having 2 avengers because you need 2 x men 2 in humans 2 defenders 2 FF characters etc the mindset is dumb, we don't need nemesis or firebrand or even Arthur, he was a cool gimmicky character in 3 but he's a joke character and with a roster this small there's no room for that. Don't need spencer either.

The thing I don't understand the most tho is why complete change Ryu isn't in the game, it makes no sense to me. If you aren't gonna put Ken and Akuma in (and I'm fine with no Ken) at least do the Mvc1 thing and make Ryu transform into them it also makes Ryu a much more interesting and complete character. Idk Capcom is stupid lol
I personally hated the concept of complete Ryu in MVC1. It only made me wish Ken and Akuma were there. I do agree with every thing else that you said though.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Not true for neither the roster or the story of MKX, they are both great. MVCI already has a mediocre roster and it's story has a very bad chance to be good considering the demo.
Still not getting what I mean?
Its a matter of PREFFERENCE. You should really get that after a few people said the same thing in various threads already.
Also, saying that PS2 era MK's had good rosters is simply delusional.
There is a reason almost none of them came back in MK9/MKX

KCJ506

Noob
I was initially hyped, but the severe lack of newcomers is a turnoff for me. As well as some of the choices they made as who to bring back from the previous games. I would have been satisfied if 10-12 more characters were on the roster and they were all newcomers.

What was originally a must buy at launch has now become a wait and see, get it on sale, deal.

Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel and Doom are the only iconic MvC characters that are missing. Venom is probably #6, and looks to be DLC here.
I don't really think Sentinel is a necessity for these games as much as the others you listed. I mean Marvel barely relented on allowing him to be in MVC3 and the only reason Capcom fought for him so badly was due to him being one of the four god tier characters in MVC2 and being popular among the tournament crowd. However most casual players didn't care for Sentinel since he's a generic robot grunt and not an actual character. I remember when MVC3 was announced and people were making their wishlists. I don't recall seeing Sentinel even once on someone's list.

So I think it's safe to say that if not for his tier status and if the MVC3 roster was completely fan driven, Sentinel never would had made it in nor even been considered bringing back.

KCJ506

Noob
I personally hated the concept of complete Ryu in MVC1. It only made me wish Ken and Akuma were there. I do agree with every thing else that you said though.
If they had done that for a Street Fighter game, I'd agree. But in a Marvel vs Capcom fighter, a game with already limited roster size, I think they should try to make the cast as diverse as possible.

This is why I wasn't too thrilled when Akuma was revealed in MVC3. I think they should have done what they did in MVC1 and instead gave Akuma's spot to Bison. Not only is he the main Street Fighter villain, but Capcom also missed a big opportunity to have him interact with other villains like Wesker, Doom and Magneto. As well as for Deadpool to make references to the various Bison memes.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i like it in a game where i know ill never get Ken and might not get Akuma but i would hate it if it was in SF. i just know there is no chance were getting Ken and Ryu since we didnt in MvC1 or 3 and the roster is so small in this game

Roy Arkon

Still not getting what I mean?
Its a matter of PREFFERENCE. You should really get that after a few people said the same thing in various threads already.
Also, saying that PS2 era MK's had good rosters is simply delusional.
There is a reason almost none of them came back in MK9/MKX
Prefering something over the other and claiming something to be bad, especially if ti's not bad at all, are two different things. A preference means that all things are good in their own way but each individual prefers one thing over the other. I also said myself to @Linkuei82 that it's fine if he prefers the classic one over the newer ones. You can prefer the other games over MKX, but objectively MKX was excellent in both it's roster, story and overall content. And as for the 3D MK games, almost none of the characters came back in MK9/MKX only because MK9 was supposed to focus on rebooting the series and MKX was all about introducing the next generation of chars that were been in an MK game before while keep enough classic popular chars there, and both games did their jobs just fine. It is absolutely not because none of these chars were bad, especially that there are enough chars from that era that were good, even if a few others were bad. That is why the rosters for these games were good, because the newcomers for the most part were still awesome and they had more then enough classic ones.

Also just like @Redk9 said we should keep the discussion just about MVCI and other MVC games.

I know this is TYM but hey maybe we should just keep the discussion about MvCI in this thread.
Right, understood.

i like it in a game where i know ill never get Ken and might not get Akuma but i would hate it if it was in SF. i just know there is no chance were getting Ken and Ryu since we didnt in MvC1 or 3 and the roster is so small in this game
If they had done that for a Street Fighter game, I'd agree. But in a Marvel vs Capcom fighter, a game with already limited roster size, I think they should try to make the cast as diverse as possible.

This is why I wasn't too thrilled when Akuma was revealed in MVC3. I think they should have done what they did in MVC1 and instead gave Akuma's spot to Bison. Not only is he the main Street Fighter villain, but Capcom also missed a big opportunity to have him interact with other villains like Wesker, Doom and Magneto. As well as for Deadpool to make references to the various Bison memes.
I kinda get what you mean regarding Bison but I do like the fact that Akuma made it to MVC3, I like him more then Bison. And I would prefer to see Ken and Akuma in MVC1 over complete Ryu. Hell even regular Ryu without this ability would've been better as at least there won't be any feeling, for me at least, that Capcom teasing us regarding Ken and Akuma.

As for MVC1, I think what they should've done is this:

Keep the roster of regular characters as 21 rather then 15 (in addition to the 6 hidden ones), put Zangief as an assist character as there are too many assist chars in MVC1 from Marvel and not enough from Capcom, put Ken and Akuma as playable chars instead, and add both Felicia (Darkstalkers) and Jill (RE), and then also bring Magneto and Rouge from the assist chars list into the playable chars list, replace them with Guile and Zangief (like I mentioned earlier), and add Dr. Doom and Blackheart to the playable roster.

If that happened then it would've been just perfect. 4 X-Men chars, 4 SF chars, 2 Spiderman chars, 2 Darkstalkers chars, and a bunch of more chars from either side.

Don't get me wrong the roster in MVC1 is still great and it's indeed much better then MVCI, but I would love to have that roster there.

Last edited: