What's new

It is extremely important to have a rival that can push you to the limit" - Alex Valle, Who's yours?

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
When it comes to playing fighting games competitively and being good at it... what better person to get advice from than one of the greatest fighting game players out there? Street Fighter legend, Alex Valle who also became of the best Shang Tsung players in Mortal Kombat 9 - representing the West Coast - recently tweeted something that stuck and I wanted to promote it... just wasn't sure when to do it. Well, the time is now and as I think about this tweet not for myself but for others... it's very exciting.

Through the few years that we've had with not only Mortal Kombat 9, but earlier MK games we've had many famous rivalries.

valle.jpg

Who's your rival? Who's the person or person's that come to mind first when it comes to winning/learning?

Inspired by Shoryuken.com*
Tweet via @AlexValleSF4

Attachments

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i never saw alex play shang tsung. are you sure he was really one of the best? when i think best shang tsung i think wound cowboy, detroit and JAP.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
i never saw alex play shang tsung. are you sure he was really one of the best? when i think best shang tsung i think wound cowboy, detroit and JAP.
You must've missed the epic Detroit vs. Valle mirrors.

I wish Vall wouldnt have quit MK9 so early.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
interesting. i guess he didnt leep up with it. i must check the valle v detroit set!

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
For MK I used to have fun matches with Wemfs, Slaj Jazz, ShadowBeatz, Niemaboga, TakeAChance, Jimmy Potato, Vlad The Bunny, Lord Of The Fly, and a few others in. The occasional time I'd run into a high level player like Forever King or Curbolicious was always a really fun and challenging match.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Premium Supporter
It's very important. Me and f0xy push our characters to the limit on each other, or try to ruin what each other's characters have. Theory wars are very important, it can test what you know.

Get a Trainning partner.

12 gauge helps out with everything we have.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
NetherRealm Studios
Valle is correct though. For me in MK all of GGA and it's associates where awesome training partners but GGA Dizzy pushed me more than anyone else. He was the standard I wanted to meet. I knew that if I could be as good as him then I could beat anyone when I traveled to majors. Personally I tend to be lazy about leveling up unless I am forced. Losing is what gets me motivated to put in the work. So it was super important to have training partners that could force that out of me.

Also shout outs to New York, Pig, and Carl for being godlike rivals.