What's new

IT HAS BEGUN! UMK3 officially released on Xbox Live Arcade!

Derek

Noob
rulemaster said:
have you tried any brutalities
Yes, I have tried, they aren't in the game. I haven't bothered putting in the Kombat Kodes, does anyone know if the unlockable characters are saveable?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The finished product:

(HP) (Block) (HK)
(Run) (LP) (LK)

I can't use Run in the middle, this way I can still use my thumb to press Run. I'll take a pic of the mod if it works and post it here. With my review of online play.

GGs |SuGaR|

Damn. I played like 80 games tonight and only lost 5 of them. With 95% of the people I played, the connection was perfect. I was landing combos and even got the Kung Infinite from midscreen to the wall and finished it.

I don't get how people have like a 0-15 record and are in the top of the leaderboards, it baffles me...when my Versus record is like 67-5 and I'm ranked 91? wtf? Good to see moe up there in #3...even with that xbox pad, that's impressive.

I was playing in a round robin game and my hiddens weren't selectable. But when I was host, they were. I think the host has to have the hiddens unlocked for them to be playable in Versus Challenger Mode.

well i have to wait for my stick another week. the woodworks are the pain part. :cry: oh well im still doing good. but, the combos are hard to get because of the s controller.

Derek

Noob
Konqrr said:
GGs |SuGaR|

Damn. I played like 80 games tonight and only lost 5 of them. With 95% of the people I played, the connection was perfect. I was landing combos and even got the Kung Infinite from midscreen to the wall and finished it.

I don't get how people have like a 0-15 record and are in the top of the leaderboards, it baffles me...when my Versus record is like 67-5 and I'm ranked 91? wtf? Good to see moe up there in #3...even with that xbox pad, that's impressive.

I was playing in a round robin game and my hiddens weren't selectable. But when I was host, they were. I think the host has to have the hiddens unlocked for them to be playable in Versus Challenger Mode.
Yeah, same to you too. I got my ass handed to me, but I did beat you 3 out of those 5 games. My buddy and I were playing all day and I tried to send you an invite and you were just setting in the menu while we were recording our games via Dazzle DVC 150.

ilovepoop said:
aargh wish i could play online stupid repair center so f'ing slow
Did you send me a F/R? I declined it because it didn't have a msg. with it. I get random F/R's everyday because of Halo 2 and Halo2Forum.com so I just assumed it was one of them. Feel free to send another one, k?

record games with like a DVR or TiVo system it works so much bettern than have to be jumping from you computer to your 360

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
hello everyone

just wanted to drop some news that I heard this morning:

UMK3 for 360 was released 1 month early, and the person that did this got fired for it. So, with second hand information coming from a xbl360 developer, that this game was indeed released early.

The most important thing to me here is that they *should* be releasing a big patch, which *should* have the ability to change controls in the future. I see no reason not to since its nomral for a fighting game to map controls. Theres also room to hope they fix all of the infinites with a patch. (and give scorpion a forward teleport?????!! plz!!! =D=D=D)

anyways, hope to see you guys in ranked games this afternoon.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Out of all the quarter matches I played, there was at least one person who mentioned patches but it all seemed like wishful thinking. Hopefully they realize they need to hop on this.

Enigma

Noob
lex said:
UMK3 for 360 was released 1 month early, and the person that did this got fired for it. So, with second hand information coming from a xbl360 developer, that this game was indeed released early.
Someone very high in the Xbox Live hierarchy disagrees with you.

Xbox Live's Director of Operations, known only as "E," talked about the UMK3 issue on Major Nelson's podcast this weekend. He said that the game was slated to be released on Wednesday, October 25. On Friday, the game officially passed Microsoft certification. It was to be placed in an automated queue which puts up new games on the XBLA service every Wednesday morning at 1:00am (Pacific). E said that due to a mistake, instead of going into the queue, it bypassed the queue completely and made it onto the Xbox Live Marketplace for about 30 minutes on Friday night. E said his phone was ringing maniacally about it, and it was pulled. Microsoft and Midway had an emergency conference about it on Friday night. Ultimately, it was decided that it wasn't fair for the people who didn't luck out to have to wait five extra days for something that some people already had. Also, since what was leaked was the final product (Midway claims the game had been done since mid-September), it wouldn't hurt anybody. Thus, the decision was made to go on and release UMK3 on Saturday morning. And E did not say anyone was fired over it. It was just "simple human error".

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
My pants have flooded with toxic bile.

I shutter to think that this is the final product with all the bugs and nuances that need to be cleared up before it's 100% acceptable. The meat is tender, but the potatoes are raw.

I dont know... I wouldnt have thought it would have taken too much effort to allow for a change in button assignments on the PS2 version so I am skeptical about it for XBL (but still hopeful)

It baffles me to think that they won't allow us to change the controls. Digital Eclipse did it for Midway Arcade Treasures. Why is it so hard to put something this important into a game? This of course aside the fact that there are FOUR triggers. They could atleast make the layout similar to the versions on consoles that had four triggers (Playstation).

dreemernj

Ambassador
DAVE101 said:
It baffles me to think that they won't allow us to change the controls. Digital Eclipse did it for Midway Arcade Treasures. Why is it so hard to put something this important into a game? This of course aside the fact that there are FOUR triggers. They could atleast make the layout similar to the versions on consoles that had four triggers (Playstation).
I know its just opinion but I always did love the playstation controller layout for MKT. It just worked very well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
when you have block and run available on both sides of the controller, you can perform certain combinations of buttons more easily. It makes sense. The 360 is Block on the right both triggers, run on the left. That is mind boggling.

pads ok i don't mind it

i made a stick today tho that is set up like arcade UMK3

with the

2 1 2

and run bottom left

gona give it a whirl tonight

aC

Noob
Man... I'm really getting annoyed with the controller.

I used to love playing human smoke, and maybe this is just a problem with me, but I can NOT effectively complete either of his launch combo's online. And in SP I can only effectively nail it every time with LK instead of HK, which hurts me if I want to lead in with a punch starter.

It ALWAYS breaks after the kick, no matter how fast I go online. In CPU mode I just roll my thumb counter-clockwise from B/A/X and I can nail it (again having to resort to LK). But if I do that online it doesn't seem to ever register the LP, and if I tap it always breaks after the kick. It basically makes me useless with human smoke, which is really painful.

I'm thinking about buying that stick, but I couldn't deal with that layout. I was brainstorming on cutting a standard square out and having a SF layout (the normal one it comes with) and a true 1x2x1x2 MK layout that I could swap liberally (two full sets of buttons, and just swap the wires as needed would be my plan).

I'll have to see how feasible that is. Did anyone who tore that apart notice if they used standard buttons? there's not some weird proprietary connection underneadth is there? Hell I could even borrow some off of my unfinished MAME cabinet ;)