What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

iroku

Noob
here comes my noob :)

dude d3 UK (wow we now say UK and not upknee? british people...) that is a legit noob weapon
Throw
deep jump kick on block its a nice throw set up so is b2 b2 thow, b2 throw, d3 throw d4 throw. D1 on noob is kinda pointless but he needs it against some of the cast since d1 is a special low to mid hit and d3 wiffs due to its low hitbox. After a throw you get a nice free charge or slide use it!!!! (slide is better tho...)

main corner combo ? no meter simples 212 UK 12UK x3 d4, 1 meter 212 EX UK 4 12UK x3. More than 1 meter ? hito posted some really nice ones. choose ya poison.

ghostball ?? if not from a jab anti air i hardly use it :/ FU Tremor

b1 ? damm things is sooooo slow !!! i dont use it unless im back dashing.. i feel its not more than a block string ATM... but it does have some nice wall like properties but i dont really have another human player to test it to the limit and see how much wall like it really is.... oh hito taught me that you can b1 in the corner as well. since it does have a nice range you can finish your corner combo backdash and b1 for pressure when you read a jump out or sum.... other than that b1 is mostly pointless (IMO dont kill me noobies) so yea... midscreen its b121 upknee so that UK doesnt wiff and you can use it as a block string... but yea 20 frames ?? shitty shitty shitty

Pressure
d3 f33 legit pressure tool, 12 d3 upknee. upknee on block follow with a low poke is legit as well but can be jumped out.... what else... 212 comes after d4 (but you have to dash in most of the times so its not 100% guaranteed). ive seen a vid from wacko he uses 12UK 12 UK as a block string, looks nice but 12 can be poked out so its not wise to abuse it...
Jump kick charge, jump kick telle is nice as well...
d3 cross up is nice as well.

b2 ? damm b2 range is stupid... if not from a set up i dont use b2 as well... but thats my prob, it seems b2 has some good uses...

Portals

i do use 212 portal... not much but sometimes. 212 portal cant be charge with a tackle so its wait for wake up and react(most of the time with a telle or dash in UK anti air)

b1 portal.. i hardly use b1 so.... my personnal theory is that portals r shit... offline and not having EX portal makes them pointless... they land i know but.... i feel i get crossed up more often than i land them....

if i remember ill post more....hope it helps...

Ketchup!! bring Europe to the scene!!! i heard youre KTP you r right few people do use noob... but than again... there is a good reason for it...

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Nice post Iroku, but I just wanted to make a few notes on it.

-Fully agree with d3xxUK god status, trying to work this in more aggressively.

-d1 is great in the corner! If you land just a standing UK in the corner and they opponent is on their feet you can d1xxUK for a 29% combo, or 27% ending with portal for pressure/reset. (obviously if you land a UK in the corner and the opponent is in the air you have far more options)

-The main corner combo I use is (I know I've posted it but for some reason people don't use it lol) 212xxEnUK, 3, 3, 12xxUK, 12xxUK, finish with 12xxUK or d4xxBlackhole (above).

-As for Ghostball, I use it sparingly with B121 because you can hit confirm it into either UK if they block or GB if they don't. Also, if they don't block you can either use B212xxBlackhole(behind) and then either shadow slide or F33 into the blackhole. Mostly though if I use GB it's for the panic it puts them into. Often baits wake ups and regardless you get a free 10% out of it if you're smart with a tele.

- B1 is actually one of my favorite tools with Noob. While I'm pressuring I try to lead in with 1,2 a few times before I start canceling into UK. After you cancel into UK for the first time you typically catch them because they'll either try to jump in or counter pressure. So once I have their mind where I want it I'll just use 1,2 again, then follow that with b1 which usually catches them. From there you can pretty much do what you like. You can tack on the extra 2,1 to it for a bit more damage/pressure or you can string another 1,2 or f333 out of it. It really puts them into a state where they don't know what to expect. Also, when an opponent has come to expect the b1 or 1,2 they'll low poke out of it a lot if they're expecting it, I usually respond to this with a shadow charge after a pressure string ending with an UK since that's when they'll be expecting the dash in for more pressure.

-D3 f33 isn't as good as you think. Most of the cast has plenty of time to interrupt with full combos after the d3. I used it for a while until I started getting punished for doing it. What I typically do now is d3, back dash, b1. It works much more effectively. That's not to say f33 and f333 don't have their uses, but they come out too slow for aggressive pressure.

-As for the blackhole issue, after a 212xxblackhole you can hit them with a shadow slide into the portal. It doesn't combo, which actually makes it do more damage. Also, I really like to use f333xxblackhole (front)((dfb+2)). Most people will jump in at you if you cancel a close string with a blackhole. So if you backdash right after using it you'll be standing right on the portal. Any character you attempts to close in on you will be caught. Beyond that if you DONT back dash and you're fighting raiden, rain, cyrax, or cyber sub, and they choose to teleport, you catch them.

-Too tired to think anymore right now, but this is what I do to be successful with Noob :)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
f333 into front portal is interesting. What are some other ways you guys use front portal?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Amazing. I just discovered something pretty cool as well. After njp dash forward b2, b1,2,1xxEnBlackhole. They can not jump out of it.
well played sir !! ;)
Wemfs yeah they can roll out of it unfortunately , still a good set up imo . if they keep rollin back u can just behind portal / clone / teleslam

EN upknee is good if you need that last bit of damage. After a 1 12 EN upknee teleslam/portal works well. Not sure if they can tech roll out of the portal setup though, but they can obviously wakeup out of it which you can bait. I don't play noob so forgive me.

I've noticed people always bait the upknee by waiting for it then getting in on its recovery. So try and bait their bait by going in for a d4 upknee or some b2 pressure.

Also if you end the corner combo with a portal reset, is this guaranteed for characters that you can d3/d4 the wakeup like kitanas cutter/lift or scorpions tele?

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Okay. I was avoiding it with Pig's method of crouch blocking instant 3, but Noob's d1 is kind of tough to land and convert off of. But I will keep this in mind. Yeah, and the whiffing for the armor on EX teleport is dumb as hell. Would standing 2 also work or is it only standing 1? I'll check if you're not sure.
I started back dashing and using b2, it's been very successful so far. You can b2, 1,2xxUK, tele slam.
Alternatively you could b2, b1,2,1,4xxteleslam or b2, b1,2,1xxEnBlackhole.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
It's okay. At least it was an attempt. Can you still explain the idea to us in case there is something someone can take from it?
Well u know maxters corner reset with noob?

212/b1214/b214 upknee, 12 upknee x2, 12 EX Upknee, njp [opponent splats] portal, 4, [portal connects] njp, 3 upknee, 12 upknee x3/4

Well I took that reset and decided to chage it a bit, but first lets talk about it for a min. The "4" in the reset after you throw the opponent is used to lock you opponent in if he block or tries a stuffable wakeup move. If they jump however the opponent will get hit by the 4 and seeing how he/she/sheeva is airborn they will float for a bit allowing u to follow up with a combo. So either way you get the reset.

***Only way out of this is by using an armored wakeup attack, a fully invincible wakeup attack, and X=ray attacks [unsre if all get out of the reset]***

Reason I had to use the "***" is b/c i don't want some idiot coming around saying "HEY HITO! YOU ALWAYS SAY GUARANTEED RESETS ARE BAD YET NOOB HAS ONE HER DERP DAI!

I then developed my own corner reset WITHOUT using meter although it is height dependent but when you get it down its not that bad at all.

212/b1214/b214 upknee, 12 upknee, njp [opponent splats] portal, 4, [portal connects] njp, 3 upknee, 12 upknee x3/4

The other day I was taking my usual afternoon walks around town listening to some Nero (shoutouts to UK Dubstep...the only dubstep) and I had an idea where I can replace "4" with some else.

212/b1214/b214 upknee, 12 upknee, njp [opponent splats] portal, Delayed Teleslam, [Teleslam wiffs and portal connects] njp [dash] 12 upknee, 12 upknee x3/4

Delaying the teleslam allow noobs to recover quicker due tot he fact that it misses your opponent even when their blocking. So if they sit there and take the portal or wiff their wakeup attack, seeing how ur already in mid animation when doing it, the portal would connect and you can just njp and then dash so you can end up on the other side of your opponent leaving them in the corner again and follow it up with a full combo.

If they attempt to jump however the teleslam would catch them and put them back in the corner. Teleslam also leaves you at an advantage where you can place yourself anywhere on the screen for a moment. So by having this advantage after you land a teleslam you can back up a bit and your opponent is face the corner and your at a distance where if they were to jump your guaranteed an upknee into a full combo or if they try anything else you can shadow charge. Ive been experimenting with teleslams in the end f corner combos in order to apply this setup and I did find a combo that does 36% instead of the normal 37%

212 upknee, 12 upknee, b1214 teleslam = 36%

Now getting back on topic. The only problem with my reset was it does not work. You can't really delay the teleslam b/c if you were to do so either you wont recover in time to njp [dash] 12 upknee into a full combo or if they jump teleslam will wiff. If you decide to NOT delay the teleslam you will hit your blocking opponent causing you to go into a spin animation. Your opponent will fall in the portal but by the time hes able to make a move your about at the end of the spin animation and get punished for it. If they do jump you get the teleslam but its WAY to much risk than reward. Your just better off with the combo I posted 5 lines and 1 line breaker ago.

So other than Maxters and my corner reset theres nothing else I can think of atm. Will hit the lab soon when school is over this Saturday.

OHHHH I almost forgot since were on the topic of resets. For those who watch me play at vsm and either do good or get bodied have noticed me doing corner combos ending in 12 portal. I just want to note those are COMPLETELY unintentional and that NO ONE SHOULD TRY THAT IN AN ACTUAL MATCH....

Thank you lol

I started back dashing and using b2, it's been very successful so far. You can b2, 1,2xxUK, tele slam.
Alternatively you could b2, b1,2,1,4xxteleslam or b2, b1,2,1xxEnBlackhole.
After D.R. mentioned back dashing and then 1 or 1 2, I almost always use 1 (2 dependent on height), 1 2, EX Upknee into teleslam.
I go for a lot of pressure strings on block and Noob's meter building is pretty sick so I always have like two bars. Worth the extra damage and push to the corner, imo.

Appreciated information.
Okay. Awesome thinking, though. I didn't know Maxter's reset but I had heard about it (wasn't too concerned because I rarely go for resets in the corner. Portals are for zoning after a block string like Reptile's slow ball imo), so thank you for that. I get negative edge in the corner a lot, also, so I kind of wing it and try to make a jank reset. Thanks for the info, Hito.

iroku

Noob
funny enough ive been trying these delayed special as well.. works nice in a block string. not throwing the UK right away. But its not like we get much damage out of it tho .:/

Good stuff hito... keep listning to that dub lol. Maybe you should concentrate on high juggles man. you know, make use of the fact that they can t jump out, roll out of them... And jump ins kills them. there will always be invencible wake up and stuff like that, but there might be something there we havent figured out yet....

iroku

Noob
i dont think so... might be wrong but youll only have time to block after the Portal. I dont think you can d4 them(its 12 frames)

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Okay, so I figured out something a bit nifty. This corner reset is only escapable by a wake up. Period. You cannot jump, cannot roll, cannot roll then jump. So in the corner:

212xxUK, 12xxUK, b121xxEn Blackhole.

it takes a bar but it's 31% which you can reset into another 39%:

From the blackhole drop - Njp, 4, 4, 12xxUK x3

Enjoy party lovers!

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Okay, so I figured out something a bit nifty. This corner reset is only escapable by a wake up. Period. You cannot jump, cannot roll, cannot roll then jump. So in the corner:

212xxUK, 12xxUK, b121xxEn Blackhole.

it takes a bar but it's 31% which you can reset into another 39%:

From the blackhole drop - Njp, 4, 4, 12xxUK x3

Enjoy party lovers!
hmmm thats interesting imma definitely try this