What's new

Guide - Cyber Sub-Zero Is Your Fridge Running? Cyber Sub-Zero Guide

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If you don't understand my point of view, that's one thing, and it's fine, you don't have to. Although as author of the guide, I feel compelled to explain myself to those who have concerns. But implying that any self respecting player doesn't know what a basic concept like the neutral is? That's condescending, at least from my perspective. If it wasn't intended, no problem man.

Anyway, you can pressure an opponent while in the neutral simply by standing in the right position. Zoners apply pressure by simply existing at full screen, while grapplers apply it standing right next to you. The neutral and pressure, or any other act stemming straight from the neutral, while not strictly the same thing, are more often than not, talked about within the same breath. It's definition vs. application.

Cyber Sub-Zero is simply not as threatening as many other characters when in the close-neutral, and forced into uncomfortable positions at mid-neutral when met with crouching opponents.
but when we are discussing his neutral, and I say that I think its very strong and its fine that some of his tools are high because he has other tools to make you respect it, and you respond "well i got poked out of pressure all the time, maybe I'm just doing it wrong" what other response is there...... because pressure is absolutely not neutral? thats like saying Hellfire has a great neutral because his pressure is amazing, because I can start my amazing pressure up in the neutral right? Thats got absolutely nothing to do with how strong his neutral game is however, that is simply describing how easy/difficult it is to get out of their pressure once started from the neutral. a completely different aspect of the character. It is not condescending to state this, because it needed to be said?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Fine the nerf on the iceball recovery whatever but these 2:
  • Triborg (CyberZero) - doing Drone summon while in a combo adds some combo damage scaling
  • Triborg (CyberZero) - doing Dive Kick while in a combo adds some combo damage scaling
What the fuckity fuck are you serious....As if a 32% combo is really the problem here.
This is obv to fuck with his corner game but I think these things should only be coming in play if you do the move twice in one combo. Like the F43-CDK twice in one combo, in that case scale if the second CDK comes out.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If they are going to insist of keeping the changes that this fucking idiotic patch brought on, at least they should bring back his MK9 parry, air-scissor kick that's cancellable into special, and his teleport.
I mean fuck it, might as well bring back MK9 CSZ, at least he wasn't a piece of shit.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Guide is updated, in interim state. New combos (values and routes) with more on the way, strategies and updated play-style breakdown to come. Watch the general discussion thread to track development.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I never dropped this character btw! I did however take a hiatus and roll as a casual. New patch coming, will update guide if anything changes.

For those who haven't seen in the general discussion, balance patch is making f13 xx ice ball connect once again. More details to come.
God send! I hope b1 and b3 connect though not necessary if not! Can't wait to keep atleast some resources on punishes

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
God send! I hope b1 and b3 connect though not necessary if not! Can't wait to keep atleast some resources on punishes
B1 xx ice ball connects vs. crouching opponents most of the time. It's an overhead so I mean... it's technically kinda sorta ok?

But you're right it would be a really nice quality of life change to have a real 50/ 50 back instead of the iffy one I just described.