What's new

Breakthrough - Tarkatan Is Tweedy better than YOMI and cR (except fox) combined?

Is tweedy daddy?

• Total voters

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think the SRK rankings are a good guideline. Alucard is mostly inactive but many many players in that top 50 are more successful in recent times than the players you are listing.

Tweedy

Noob
I think the SRK rankings are a good guideline. Alucard is mostly inactive but many many players in that top 50 are more successful in recent times than the players you are listing.
There's a lot of fat in there that you could cut out. lol

And Aquaman being ranked while guys who were placed above him/also got 9th, just proves my point even more.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think a lot of props should maybe just come down to who you played, in the end, because yeah I guess people will never settle on what event is what. Some people probably think only EVO is a major.

Like for example, Absolute Battle was a regional, but @Rude was kept from getting out of pools by 2ez who is good enough to get top 8 at majors. It's not like he was kept down by regional players.
#forever3-2boiyz

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You're focusing on a few inactive players. The overall picture it paints is clear.

Compare the accomplishments of the top 32 players at Combo Breaker with the Common Wealth. There's no metric where the gap is not clear.

But as King Hippo said, the beauty of competition is you always get your chance. If these guys are as good as you think they'll prove it. Plenty of more tournaments to try.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm pretty sure they proved it lol.

You can't say that Kevo and I just placed because there weren't enough ranked players there, when we beat players who place top 8 at those huge events, or top 3.

It's not like the tournament lacked the best players. It just lacked some depth. Sonic was there, Sonic has won everything. Scar got top 3 at EVO and CEO, Hayatei got top 3 at Combo Breaker and top 8 at EVO. Dragon is Dragon.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Depth is key though. Getting 9th at a tournament that Sonic, Scar, Hayatei and Dragon are at doesn't mean anything when they are all in the top 5. It means something to beat them. Which loops back to King Hippo's original point, that at smaller tournaments you get props for who you beat. You and Kevo are getting props for beating top guys.

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
oh, and why can't people just enjoy TCW like other tournaments. I mean there are so many close and hype matches in top 16, even in pools, Sonic tried his best to avoid Acidic Alien,the diversity of characters used in top 8 was awesome. And of course, the best Grand Finals in this year
For me THE best GF was in evo

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
U
I haven't said this because I didn't want to worry Mama Sanix or anyone.

I got in a fight with some homeless dude at the New York Greyhound station over my wallet, who was as tall as he was round lol. My ride got delayed for 9 hours, clocking in my total trip at 55 hours.

I lose to Sonic and Scar, the best two players in the world, beat Hayatei, Reo and Buffalo. Just to get on TYM where people who don't know how good anyone is, tell me that it's a regional event.

Three top players from outside of the region go there. By definition it's not a regional you fucking loon.

I'm trying to see if I can go to TFC last second. It'll be the same trip, probably just as many homeless guys trying to trip guard me at stations. That might be an actual regional too, but I guarantee some good players will be there. Kinghippo and Gangsterface won't know anything about that, though, because they probably don't even play lol.
U rly should not beworried or cry about if it was a major or not. The fact is the tournament was stacked with great players and u did great. Btw @Aquaman, rly nice work! Was rooting for brother Kotal all the way!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Again, whether or not a tournament is considered a major or a regional isn't too relevant this far into the game's life and when the only reason you're debating it is because of the props of getting top 8 at a "major" compared to a regional, makes it even more irrelevant. To be honest @Tweedy, you're making yourself look worse the more you keep harping on this point. Just let it go man. You outplayed a lot of people, and placed much higher than 99% of people thought you would and only lost to arguably the 2 best players in the game.

That's suspect if you call another man daddy fam
Do you call women your Daddy or something?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
A lot of the people ranked in the top 50 in SRK haven't competed in awhile.

Like i'm sure Kevo isn't top 50 in SRK, but he beat Dragon and Scar. so lol

Edit: Aquaman and Reo being ranked so high just proves my point about players like Cossner, 2ez and Dark. How did they place better or the same as top 50 srk guys? hmmmmmm

Alucard for example is ranked 20th but he hasn't played in ages. SRK rankings determining is an event is a major or not in the current era is super fraudulent.
I dont like srk, some tournaments that lesser known players go to arent recorded after they attend them. But eh