What's new

Question - Grandmaster Is this viable?

Is Sub Zero's b33 into ex ice clone in the corner legit? On block it's safe and leaves your opponent to deal with an ice clone and on hit you can confirm it into a f4 leading to a 31% combo and another safe ice clone. is it worth the bar though?

zoofs

bless
I do b33 ex clone into throw into clone a decent amount, leaves at perfect spacing and its safe enough that they would have to read an ex clone to really do anything to blow you up. Throw + clone will even shred a bunch of armor options not to mention the b33 even hits a lot of the time which means the hit adv on b33 gives you a pretty safe throw. Another option would be d4 whether it hits or is blocked because its safe enough that you can definitely check them unless theyre completely on point with a non advancing armor move (tempest ex spin for example).

if you really just wanna do a string into ex clone on someone who isn't already that aware then f4 ex clone is the way to go for everything though, gets you a pretty safe throw into clone, guaranteed d4/slide(no reason to slide), or frame trap b2/12/b33/f33/f4.

E="zoofs, post: 1960453, member: 16886"]I do b33 ex clone into throw into clone a decent amount, leaves at perfect spacing and its safe enough that they would have to read an ex clone to really do anything to blow you up. Throw + clone will even shred a bunch of armor options not to mention the b33 even hits a lot of the time which means the hit adv on b33 gives you a pretty safe throw. Another option would be d4 whether it hits or is blocked because its safe enough that you can definitely check them unless theyre completely on point with a non advancing armor move (tempest ex spin for example).

if you really just wanna do a string into ex clone on someone who isn't already that aware then f4 ex clone is the way to go for everything though, gets you a pretty safe throw into clone, guaranteed d4/slide(no reason to slide), or frame trap b2/12/b33/f33/f4.[/QUOTE]
I do b33 ex clone into throw into clone a decent amount, leaves at perfect spacing and its safe enough that they would have to read an ex clone to really do anything to blow you up. Throw + clone will even shred a bunch of armor options not to mention the b33 even hits a lot of the time which means the hit adv on b33 gives you a pretty safe throw. Another option would be d4 whether it hits or is blocked because its safe enough that you can definitely check them unless theyre completely on point with a non advancing armor move (tempest ex spin for example).

if you really just wanna do a string into ex clone on someone who isn't already that aware then f4 ex clone is the way to go for everything though, gets you a pretty safe throw into clone, guaranteed d4/slide(no reason to slide), or frame trap b2/12/b33/f33/f4.
Interesting.. might i ask why you opt to throw if b33 hits? F4 connects on hit meaning you can do things like f4 into ice ball for a full combo into another ice clone afterwards. . And to my knowledge its completely safe on block and leaves you at b2's max range which is perfect for shatter combos.. f4 into ice clone usually put the clone to close to your opponent and is less likely to hit because its a mid.. i do like the advantage on block though so i might implement it every now and then

zoofs

bless
E="zoofs, post: 1960453, member: 16886"]

Interesting.. might i ask why you opt to throw if b33 hits? F4 connects on hit meaning you can do things like f4 into ice ball for a full combo into another ice clone afterwards. . And to my knowledge its completely safe on block and leaves you at b2's max range which is perfect for shatter combos.. f4 into ice clone usually put the clone to close to your opponent and is less likely to hit because its a mid.. i do like the advantage on block though so i might implement it every now and then
the b2 range thing would be a huge gimmick, b33 ex clone is negative. You can also do f4 ex clone from many different ranges/spacing which can lead to instant b33/12/b2 shatter combos using your plus frames. The only reason I would opt for throw into clone is because b33 ex clone into f4 isn't really hit confirmable at all, its a super tight link that you have to already be going out of your way to do before the b33 even hits, so I'd rather just use my hit adv to secure a pretty safe throw or mixup I guess.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
the b2 range thing would be a huge gimmick, b33 ex clone is negative. You can also do f4 ex clone from many different ranges/spacing which can lead to instant b33/12/b2 shatter combos using your plus frames. The only reason I would opt for throw into clone is because b33 ex clone into f4 isn't really hit confirmable at all, its a super tight link that you have to already be going out of your way to do before the b33 even hits, so I'd rather just use my hit adv to secure a pretty safe throw or mixup I guess.
That makes a lot of sense, i was having trouble getting the f4 to hit confirm consistently. The transition from cryo has been rough but GM feels so much better.