What's new

Is this how Kabal will look like in MK 11?

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
In Kabals Arcade Ladder ending we see him gain new equipment and become stronger and faster. In MKX he had his plain old outfit, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that he will get visual upgrades in MK 11. All characters do. Expect Sonyas and Cassies face (seems to run in the family. Run. Get it? Because Kabal?).

Do you think this could be Kabals new look in MK 11? I would certainly welcome it. And while not all Arcade Ladder endings are canon, there are still theories about certain endings being important for MK 11 (like for example Jades ending).

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good question ! this MK9 ending costume/outfit , he looks a bit off .... kinda cybernetic, so, for MK11, I think they will keep simple, but updated with the new engine, his look ..... something "mix up" between his MK3 old design with some upgrade stuff , kinda like they did with his MK9 default attire ..... Kabal looks like some type of nomad wanderer rider coming out from a Mad Max movie, hehe

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
good question ! this MK9 ending costume/outfit , he looks a bit off .... kinda cybernetic, so, for MK11, I think they will keep simple, but updated with the new engine, his look ..... something "mix up" between his MK3 old design with some upgrade stuff , kinda like they did with his MK9 default attire ..... Kabal looks like some type of nomad wanderer rider coming out from a Mad Max movie, hehe
Kabal would look AWESOME with a Mad Max look. leather jacket please :D

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Hopefully, at least as a skin, I think this looks dope.

I think something they've done really good so far is redesigning some of these characters to look really dope. Skarlet I feel is one of the more noticeable design overhauls.

Then I feel Kano is a more subtle change, but you can definitely tell he's different from how we've seen him before. After seeing, and ultimately really liking, Kano's look I've decided to put a lot of trust into NRS when it comes to how these characters are designed.

I'm excited to see how they revamp characters like Jade, Noob, Smoke, and Rain though. Kabal's already got a sick design in terms of classic looks, I think it'd be pretty hard to fuck him up too bad. (I mean, unless he's got the pigtails...cause even to me that shit looks a lil whack.)

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
People expecting Kabal to look like MK9 when literally every other playable character in X/11 was redesigned are in for a rough time. Can’t wait to see what Revenant Kabal looks like in game.

Ermac Smoke

Smoky Soul
Kabal always has this repulsive side and at the same time he inspires pity. This side a little "incomplete" I hope they will keep this, a full cybernetic Kabal ...not interesting... It was nice in the end of story mode but to develop ... Too predictable ! A MK3 Kabal with custom power up
with some new artificial limbs, why not.

Alec

Noob
Nope. It wouldn't make sense, not if we're talking default. We already know it's not canon because we saw Kabal in MKX as a revenant, and I'm betting default Kabal will be "past timeline" one, which would also not look like that.
That being said, there is a good chance we're getting something close to that, either as a skin, or as gear, if his mask is one of the pieces.

Would be dope though I’d like to see more body burns with parts of his face visible as well. MK9 was not that great in my opinion, hoping for a great redesign!!

D

Deleted member 59910

I was trying to figure out how Kabal design is gonna be according to this picture:

Hard to see details, but nothing much different from what we saw in MKX.

Behind the scenes video also shows an interesting thing: Is this character Kabal? I believe yes. He is known for his larges skin burn scars and his light brown pants.

His torso scars look very detailed to not be shown in some skin. Maybe will him have a shirtless skin? I hope not. But seems like they aren’t focusing in make MK11 Kabal too cybernetic.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
In Kabals Arcade Ladder ending we see him gain new equipment and become stronger and faster. In MKX he had his plain old outfit, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that he will get visual upgrades in MK 11. All characters do. Expect Sonyas and Cassies face (seems to run in the family. Run. Get it? Because Kabal?).

Do you think this could be Kabals new look in MK 11? I would certainly welcome it. And while not all Arcade Ladder endings are canon, there are still theories about certain endings being important for MK 11 (like for example Jades ending).

Short answer: I don't think he'll look much like this.

Long answer: Historically the characters' appearance hasn't been much reflected by additional art shown in endings. The drawing of Kronika in Jade's ending looks nothing like her current looks either for example. I'm not worried though, Kabal's a badass and I'm sure all his outfits will be amazing. I want his MK3 and MK9 look both to be available, much like for everyone else.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Short answer: I don't think he'll look much like this.

Long answer: Historically the characters' appearance hasn't been much reflected by additional art shown in endings. The drawing of Kronika in Jade's ending looks nothing like her current looks either for example. I'm not worried though, Kabal's a badass and I'm sure all his outfits will be amazing. I want his MK3 and MK9 look both to be available, much like for everyone else.
So your evidence is based on the fact that Kronika doesn't look like the woman in Jade's ending... when we don't know that Kronika is the woman from Jade's ending... or for that matter that Jade has anything at all to do with MK11?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So your evidence is based on the fact that Kronika doesn't look like the woman in Jade's ending... when we don't know that Kronika is the woman from Jade's ending... or for that matter that Jade has anything at all to do with MK11?
I await your factual evidence about a game that's not out yet.
Entertain me.

Also, I started my post with "I don't THINK so". Never once in that post have I stated that I have evidence to the contrary or supporting of anyone's beliefs regarding what a character we haven't seen yet will look like.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Calling it now. This gear pieces are his mask, hookswords, and burnt flesh...for when you don't want him flame broiled anymore.