What's new

Is there anywhere that could help with me getting started in mk2?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I was hoping there was a Meta of Mortal Kombat II video by Ketchup but it looks like they haven't covered that game, yet. Those are always super comprehensive and excellent. Hopefully one is coming.

Is there anything in particular you're wondering about? I might be able to answer some basic questions. MK2 is one of my all time favorite games.

And just for the hell of it, here's some of the crazy combos people may have never known were possible in MK2:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I’ll see if I can dig out my old Nintendo Power magazine and my British Knights.
What’s your shoe size?

RC00

USK TO
I was hoping there was a Meta of Mortal Kombat II video by Ketchup but it looks like they haven't covered that game, yet. Those are always super comprehensive and excellent. Hopefully one is coming.
I personally do not like the MK Meta Videos regarding MK1 & UMK3. It will tell you about the tech, but will accompany that with shallow gameplay. It's like, "You are trying to showcase what makes this game high level, while also showing some of the most shallow gameplay ever?"

If you want to improve at MK2, first learn how to glitchjab, jab cancel, and figure out some combos (which would also mean get good at anti-airs). You will learn general neutral and rushdown as you go along. Get on Fightcade, fight some people, watch back on those replays and think about what you could've done better.

There is all you need to know to be on your way.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Thanks for the help but I have one more question are Cage and Jax good characters to start with?
Jax and Mileena are considered the best characters in the game. I've seen lists with Mileena at #1 and Jax at #1 so I don't really know who is best. They both require holding down buttons for some of their important specials so they can be a bit tricky in my opinion. That aspect about their gameplay always turned me off from using them.

Johnny, as far as I know is much further down the tier list. But we're not going to be playing this game at EVO, so just focus on having fun. The whole cast is pretty fun, honestly.

Jax and Mileena are considered the best characters in the game. I've seen lists with Mileena at #1 and Jax at #1 so I don't really know who is best. They both require holding down buttons for some of their important specials so they can be a bit tricky in my opinion. That aspect about their gameplay always turned me off from using them.

Johnny, as far as I know is much further down the tier list. But we're not going to be playing this game at EVO, so just focus on having fun. The whole cast is pretty fun, honestly.
I've seen that too, though I've generally seen Mileena come out on top traditionally.

Hold-to-Charge buttons also turned me off of the characters as well.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Sheeeeesh. I maybe could help with UMK3 but MK2 idk lol I just know Kitana is good in MK2. I think.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Is there anything in particular you're wondering about? I might be able to answer some basic questions. MK2 is one of my all time favorite games.

And just for the hell of it, here's some of the crazy combos people may have never known were possible in MK2:

Well damn... Time to re-evaluate the tier list. Reptile infinites???