What's new

Is there a way to counter ppl fuzzy blocking slide mix ups

Fuzzy guard just removes the extra dirt for the effort of a practice. It is fair. :)
With 21F start up the slide is even possible to react but it is not guaranteed of course especially during the heat of the battle (in practice room it was not that difficult).

Tbh I did not even use that kind of 50/50 of Erron. Only B2xx slide/B222 and just after many B222-s.
I rather use the cancels in 21212 and B222 to mix it up.
But yes it is silly to skip the OH/LOW mixup sometimes. :)

mix in some close spit in b222 instead of slide. I usually cancel slide if I have meter to break out after if they block correctly first hit of b2 or b22

Just let u guys no I don't think fuzzy blocking is unfair just wanted to see if slide mix ups can work against higher level players sounds like I should stick to dd3 cancels aginst better players

Just let u guys no I don't think fuzzy blocking is unfair just wanted to see if slide mix ups can work against higher level players sounds like I should stick to dd3 cancels aginst better players
I am sure that when you do ton of 21212 and B222 the opponent will not fuzzy guard ALL of this especially if he does not catch any slide. They will probably will be more lazy over the time lol.

But it is conditioning too... And you can test the opponent with slide. If it works you can confirm if he fuzzy guards/reacts/reads and do the gameplan accordingly.
After 5 blocked B222 into DD3 in short time you probably can throw a slide next B2 to check him. Especially if you have 2 defensive bar. :)

I do not like scrub play but I think that kind of check is not a problem. If the slide is successful or at least you show that you are capable of take that risk - then you will force the opponent to focus more to the fuzzy guard and other mixups can work better.

You mostly want to stick with b2 slide as that's not fuzzyable. And occasionally cancel into dd3 as a stagger , b22 slide and the other ones are sortve like gimmicks now.

I checked few high level Erron Black matches and DD3 stagger on the 2nd hit was challenged every time.

On my medium level I always can throw or restart B2 lol.

I did not try B2xxDD3 is it less minus than B2? B2 stagger work well on medium level too. Probably on high level it is not a thing as the stagger is reactable.

I do not like scrub play but I think that kind of check is not a problem. If the slide is successful or at least you show that you are capable of take that risk - then you will force the opponent to focus more to the fuzzy guard and other mixups can work better.
well spoken. sometimes it's important to remind your opponent that slide during b222 still exist.