What's new

Question - TriBorg Is there a way to access the 'true' variationless Triborg?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just for the record, I'm not talking about Cyber Sub-Zero. I'm talking about the generic light grey Triborg you get at the character select screen without actually selecting it.

What I mean by this is the default base toolset for Triborg. Cyber Sub isn't entirely variationless as for example, Triborg's default F2 (shared by Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke) is replaced by a Cyber Sub specific F2.

Because of this, I believe variationless Triborg does exist within the game's code to some degree, but I wonder to what extent it can actually be made playable through the same methods other NPCs were (Corrputed Shinnok, Rain, NPC Tanya etc.) on the PC version, and now that KP2 characters are available on PC, someone must be able to investigate this?

Personally I suspect this hasn't been done yet (or at least made public) out of lack of interest since we can already see all of Triborg's base tools just by going through each variation individually, which isn't really as interesting as accessing a whole new character to most casual players. But it would be interesting to see what his default tools actually are, if he has a default alternate colour, which of his variation specific moves are actually the default ones. (even though all of Triborg's different B2s per variation are considered variation specific, one of them may be wrongly listed as that. Liu Kang for example has his default fireballs listed as Flame Fist exclusive despite the fact that they can actually be used with variationless Liu Kang. Kenshi's DB1 is listed as Kenjutsu exclusive when playing Kenjutsu despite actually being a variationless move)

So yeah, this would obviously have to be done through mods, I'm not a modder and I don't even have the PC version for that matter, just reaching out to anybody that has any knowledge of this.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The grey triborg is Cyber Sub's alt colour.

But I see what you mean. Would be interesting to see :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The grey triborg is Cyber Sub's alt colour.

But I see what you mean. Would be interesting to see :)
I know they use that as Cyber Sub's alt, but surely if it worked that way unselected Triborg at the character select screen would just be blue just without the misty ice effect? lol