What's new

Is there a hit confirm OS currently ?

As the title states, I'm just trying to figure out if there is still a hit confirm os still in the game.

An os that on block gives you the safe special and on hit gives you the combo starter/launcher?

I think I remember seeing Azeez pull off something similar to this in one of his vids, but I think he either deleted it or something. Just was wondering if anyone knew a hit confirm os

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As the title states, I'm just trying to figure out if there is still a hit confirm os still in the game.

An os that on block gives you the safe special and on hit gives you the combo starter/launcher?

I think I remember seeing Azeez pull off something similar to this in one of his vids, but I think he either deleted it or something. Just was wondering if anyone knew a hit confirm os
Put this into the twitter search bar “@x_azeez3 os”

Fujin can os b2 into sky wakka with right cancel timing. b2 is minus of course, but most characters can't punish far b2 and the opponent has to make a read that you wouldn't cancel it on block.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Fujin can os b2 into sky wakka with right cancel timing. b2 is minus of course, but most characters can't punish far b2 and the opponent has to make a read that you wouldn't cancel it on block.
Yea anyone with down,up specials have a even easier time at os'ing

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
ofc its it since the begining, never get removed u can OS tons of things like sub f2 or scorpion f32 and so on

i was talking about special os cancel more less. I saw sonic do 1 hit hit confirms and just thought .... how lol. there Is no possible way he could do a 1 hit hit confirm into a -20 laucher. so that's why I'm asking mainly.
Are you talking about Joker's f2xxbf2 or s2xxbf2? It's not a hit confirm. Buffering the cancel of first hit of long normals allows for combo if opponent comes into range, and no continuation on miss. They'll almost never get blocked if used properly. Plus most characters can't punish bf2 (gloves).

Are you talking about Joker's f2xxbf2 or s2xxbf2? It's not a hit confirm. Buffering the cancel of first hit of long normals allows for combo if opponent comes into range, and no continuation on miss. They'll almost never get blocked if used properly. Plus most characters can't punish bf2 (gloves).
I mean since we do have a block button in mk and not a directional block isn't that like 100 times more risky

I mean since we do have a block button in mk and not a directional block isn't that like 100 times more risky
Risk is something that exists for other people, not Joker.

f2 and s2 both jail into the boxing gloves on block, and Joker also has a fast mid from almost the same range in case you thought about ducking the first hit. And boxing gloves are ridiculously safe even from point blank distance, let alone from farther away, because NRS just picks favorites like that.

Last edited: