What's new

Is there a good use for 1,b2,f1 or even part of the string?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Honestly, I don't find any properties of that string to be particularly applicable.

It's -8 on block and it looks interruptible with armor. The other thing is that it doesn't offer anything that 1,2, back 1 doesn't offer( difference is 1,2, back 1 is neutral on block and is easy to follow up with 4, grab n punch, which is one of her more reliable midscreen bnb's for high damage and it's an easy combo to perform consistently).

Keep in mind, I'm not saying there's nothing good about it, I just haven't found any applications for it that her other strings don't do better and reward her more for on block and on hit.

Even for whiff punishing, Sheeva could use Back 1,2, grab n punch/fireball and such, it has excellent range and can lead to a 22% combo or a standing position that leave you at + 7 if you do fireball at the end of the combo.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I agree Espio it's pretty slow, interuptable. it's pretty much her worst string IMO, even if the last hit is overhead it's still sooooo slow. 1,2,b1 with the 4 into grab and punch is 34% which is a good combo for sheeva standards. b1,2 fireball does 18% at least and covers ducking non blocking opponents too and also covers you for someone trying to cross you over sometimes. I'm pretty sure 1,b2,f1 only does like 16% or so I hardly ever use it so I can't remember. But it's horribly slow and does very little damage.

F2 takes the place for worst string in my opinion.

I tried playing around with 1B2F1's knockdown properties and the such but it doesn't really give enough advantage for anything spectacular, especially considering the low damage.