What's new

Question - Kitana Is their bad way or right way to play kitana

Royal Kitana

Suicide squad
im pretty new to mk well fighting games in general but I'm just trying to understand if I'm playing kitana wrong I toss fans until you get close to me by then I either done damage or gain meter once u close I go for f22u4 if it works then try to get most damage that I can I like her play style but I get messages like learn a combo or your being a pussy tossing fans btw I have decent Kung Jin but I love kitana more she's fun to me

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
that's kitana at the highest level lol
if you can toss fans all match go ahead..
that's how you play zoning characters, you run like a little vagina.
you on psn?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
im pretty new to mk well fighting games in general but I'm just trying to understand if I'm playing kitana wrong I toss fans until you get close to me by then I either done damage or gain meter once u close I go for f22u4 if it works then try to get most damage that I can I like her play style but I get messages like learn a combo or your being a pussy tossing fans btw I have decent Kung Jin but I love kitana more she's fun to me
many kitana play the way you do.. it sucks if youre on the other end but hey , that the nature of the business. also, people who send hate mail are bitch made anyway so theres really no point in even acknowledging them other than have a laugh. you bought the game yourself, play it how you want.

kitana is meant to throw fans- i personally hate it when i get caught by one fan and it ends up being 45% but hey thats the game we play. do you man.

Royal Kitana

Suicide squad
many kitana play the way you do.. it sucks if youre on the other end but hey , that the nature of the business. also, people who send hate mail are bitch made anyway so theres really no point in even acknowledging them other than have a laugh. you bought the game yourself, play it how you want.

kitana is meant to throw fans- i personally hate it when i get caught by one fan and it ends up being 45% but hey thats the game we play. do you man.
45% I be happy with that I usually get 20-26% I drop combos a lot I know the inputs but it's easier in practice then online tho lol

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
There will always be salty players making silly attempts at changing your playstyle so that they win, or just unleashing their fury by sending hatemail. Pay no attention. Like Dentist said, as long as you win, you're doing it right. I have received hatemail telling me I was a spammer for throwing too many hadokens with Ryu. I guess they would say the same thing to Daigo.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Don't pay attention to people unless they are actually telling you exactly how you can improve your game, if their advice involved "lol learn a combo stop spamming" then it is shitty advice lol

I had someone message me that I throw too many fans and used the parry too much for a guaranteed 20%?! They fell for it every. single. time. I replied with a nice message stating how crap the parry was, and how to counter it... but apparently they "knew" how to play and didn't need any tips from me.

Basically play how ever you want. Every character might have style that they play best with, but do whatever works best and is fun for you.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah. People who send you those messages are just scrubs :p don't listen to them.

Kitana is a zoner! This means that her playstyle is all about keeping out her oponents with her projectiles and ranged moves. Once you get in it gets tough for her because she doesn't have the best footsie tools or up-close options but she does have very good anti-air options. Once your oponent got in you have to manage to put him fullscreen once again by armoring trough his pressure or counter poking to gain a bit of advantage and using that advantage to start her own offense. Her offense is not the best but she has a few good stagger strings that are good to bait armor into full-combo punish AND putting her oponents back to fullscreen, frame traps that serve for the same purpose and also you can use her staggers and frame traps to grab your oponent (her grab actually puts her oponents fullscreen for a reason).
Make sure you punish them HARD when they get hit by a fan anywhere on the screen or when they throw out a punisheable move.

Kitana's fans serve to pressure the opponent and control spaces. With her zoning you can get easily frustrated or pressured into making decisions that you would never do under normal circumstances. Once she catches you, she goes in for the combo.

Kitana can't play any sort of Rushdown style mainly because of her lack of mixups. But the new assassin, as far as I know, brings in a ton of new block pressure and things of that nature.

Kitana's main playstyle should be zoning and space control because that's what she excels at the most. You're not a "pussy" for playing the character correctly.

The right way to play any character is to win. If at the end of the match/round your character is still standing you played it right. If you're in pieces while Tanya holds your still beating heart you might want to make adjustments.