What's new

Is the wakeup system too strong?

Should wakeups get nerfed?

• Total voters

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The fact that this guy has still has a job...
Hmmm i dont know what your on there but im not agreeing with you, im saying if invincible frames not there meaty throw would be a thing.

U want where if u tech a throw wrong, u cant duck the next throw and you get kb thrown?
Think paulo can keep his job :coffee:

kcd117

Noob
Hmmm i dont know what your on there but im not agreeing with you, im saying if invincible frames not there meaty throw would be a thing.

U want where if u tech a throw wrong, u cant duck the next throw and you get kb thrown?
Think paulo can keep his job :coffee:
Oh I knew you were not.

I just thought it was funny bc I find both the 21 Iframes on wake up outside of any form of invincible wakeup and the 32% 50/50 on throws really really dumb.

Surprise that no one mentions wake up fatal blows. I get killed by that so many times just because I miss time my meaty by a few frames.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Fb's have push back. Not easy to block and punish unless I'm using a character with good reversals.
I agree that they should be easier to punish than they are.

In the meantime though, when you’re rolling your opponent and that Fatal Blow ready sign pops up, you have to expect that they might use it and play smart on oki. Probably better to block, jump it, or crouch if it’s duckable than keep losing to wakeup FB.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@Wigy i wouldnt expect your low iq to understand anything thats why you play online and think its legit LMFAO

wifi warriors fighting in a lag fest but have the nerve to try to make fun of someone whos actually good at the game. Thats why youre obsessed with me.

Go rage out with a top tier character while playing at 150 ping.

@Espio Notice how hes on my nuts?

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
The wakeup system is one of the few things i really hate about this game, as i think there are way too many options and the options are too strong in a game with free meter regen. I also dislike the fact that it makes restand way more powerful than they already are naturally. Just from a logic standpoint i think its dumb a character has more defensive options with their face in the dirt than they do while on their feet.

But besides all that i think yall are sleeping on delayed wakeup. Being able to alter your wakeup timing for no meter is super strong.

i think the real issue is that the roll forward is too strong and gives a combo. just remove it and the wake up system will be much better with just that change.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I think they should turn it into a mini game that both players have to play. The mini game will be based on waking up in the morning and actually getting up or hitting the snooze button and falling back asleep. If the person on the ground loses, they cannot do a wake up maneuver other than just getting up. Of they win everything plays out like it currently does.