What's new

Is the slide reactable online?

Hey guys,
I've noticed that tournament matches players don't dare to use the slide from the overhead string and always finish with scud shot to stay safe.

Me, Im always guessing if he's gonna cancel on the 1st,2nd, 3rd. And I'm getting hit for guessing wrong. Sometimes I start seeing the slide animation and try to react but can't similar to sub's slide.

Am I missing some secret tech here, is it the online lag or just me being lame?

Thanks

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
The second and third hits of B222 have different startup from slide, so it's actually possible to fuzzy guard it. Once you do that, the whole mixup becomes a lot less powerful

Slide on all hits comes out slightly before the overhead, so you can fuzzy guard it. I spent several hours practicing this but still haven't got it down. The problem is in practice mode I can actually just react to the slide, but that's impossible for me online so you'd actually have to have the fuzzy guard down to second nature.

There's people that can do this even on 2121 which is harder to fuzzy, but I saw AVirk do this consistently in an online tournament 2 days ago, so it's all about practice.