What's new

Question Is Sub Zero completely non-tournament viable?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Subby Wubby, for whatever reason, is my best character... If Osu 16 Bit kicked down my door and took my girlfriend hostage and said I had to beat his Kitana in a best of 5 or he'd take her for his own, I would undoubtedly go Sub Zero. However, in hope that I will attend EVO, is Sub Zero just so... Not viable? Should I bite the bullet and continue learning Smoke or would I still be able to be successful following the forbidden icy path? I feel comfortable with Sub Zero even in a 4-6 MU, but apparently an mediocre KL will bend me over and have his way. Thanks community.

Sub zero is viable, but know this... You will have to face fucked up match up that is not in your favor whatsoever. So, if you decide to stuck with sub then you need not to blame subzero as a character, and not to blame him because you lose.

Every character is tournament viable. With enough match-up experience and skill, you can beat anyone with anyone. Some characters will just take more work than others. Exponentially more work as the case may be. And some still may require crazy-person levels of dedication.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Sub zero is viable, but know this... You will have to face fucked up match up that is not in your favor whatsoever. So, if you decide to stuck with sub then you need not to blame subzero as a character, and not to blame him because you lose.
If I lose I'll blame the Devil.

Thanks guys... Eh I kinda like the whole "lolol I'm not a tier whore lolol" aspect. And character loyalty. I don't like the feeling I'd get if Tom Brady descended upon me with KL though. And my offline competition sucks so they are no help. I'll be walking in blind.

Osu 16 bit would take your girlfriend regardless with his bearish attributes, then he would crush your soul while your ex cheered him on and for a Fatality he would give you a Linkin Park cd so you can go cry in the corner.
I'd prefer it if he'd take me, and we killed the woman.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Yay rape jokes...

To answer your question: Yes he is tournament viable.But I guess people just ignore the fact that Sub Zero can constantly get Top 8 at tournaments right Tom Brady?
Wasn't that before everyone got armor for trololololololololing?
And isn't rape exactly what KL does to Sub Zero? He just lies there helplessly and takes the abuse? If video game characters went to meetings, I know which one Sub would go to and who would be getting arrested.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Wasn't that before everyone got armor for trololololololololing?
And isn't rape exactly what KL does to Sub Zero? He just lies there helplessly and takes the abuse? If video game characters went to meetings, I know which one Sub would go to and who would be getting arrested.
Sub Zero and Tom Brady aren't to blame for that. (points at whiners)

Yay rape jokes...

To answer your question: Yes he is tournament viable.But I guess people just ignore the fact that Sub Zero can constantly get Top 8 at tournaments right Tom Brady?
thats not sub-zero, thats Tom Brady...

Tom Brady didnt use Sub-Zero to get into top 8s, Sub-Zero used Tom Brady. Sub-Zero is, at this point in MK9, the worst character in the game.

If you want to give yourself a chance to win a major with the best of the best there, you wont do it playing 100% sub-zero. I dropped him because i want to give myself the best chance to win.

I have TRIED to win with sub.. seriously.. how many times have i said i quit sub? but some how id convince myself i can overcome his problems in his handicapped matches. I have never truely dropped him till now. in the past, saying "im droppin sub" actually meant "ill play 100% sub in practice and come tourney time i may pick a diff character if needed". this time i have seen the light and dropped sub totally. I practice every match with my new main, not sub-zero. i have actually MAINED a new character now for the first time in mk9. if you want to give yourself the best chance to win, heed my advice. no matter how much you convince yourself you can overcome and win using only sub, you're wrong.

Enenra

Go to hell.
thats not sub-zero, thats Tom Brady. Tom Brady didnt use sub-zero to get into top 8s, Sub-Zero used Tom Brady. Sub-Zero is, at this point in MK9, the worst character in the game.
Damn... Kinda what I figured some one would say. It's hard hearing it from you though Tom, especially because you would know best. *Sigh. I guess I'll go with Rain...

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
From the character I see you're playing in your signature I'd say go with Smoke or Rain.

Enenra

Go to hell.
From the character I see you're playing in your signature I'd say go with Smoke or Rain.
Yeah, Tom Brady recommended I go with Rain and I'd have to agree. Rain is my second best, most people say he is pretty good, and I wouldn't be starting completely over like I would be with Smoke.

LEGEND

YES!
i've been speculating that Rain is Tom Brady's new main

i really hope that he is cause Rain needs High level representation, the fact that some people put him in bottom 5 and that most throw him in the middle really shows how little is known about this character

EDIT: oh, and as for the topic, no sub isn't tournament viable. Great players barely make top8 when they should be winning

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Heh a friend of mine mains Rain. He gives me hard time most of time, but I really enjoy his playing style with the character. So aggressive. :D

Enenra

Go to hell.
i've been speculating that Rain is Tom Brady's new main

i really hope that he is cause Rain needs High level representation, the fact that some people put him in bottom 5 and that most throw him in the middle really shows how little is known about this character
Yeah, Rain is easily top 15. With some exposure, I could see him as top 10. Really solid character.

Heh a friend of mine mains Rain. He gives me hard time most of time, but I really enjoy his playing style with the character. So aggressive. :D
I play as aggressive as I can, when I struggle is when I can't lock you down.