What's new

Question Is Sinestro really a favorable MU for Doomsday?

E

Eldriken

From what I've heard from Sinestro players and Doomsday players alike, Doomsday is apparently a "bad" MU for Sinestro. I'm wondering if this really is the case.

This question could very well arise from my lack of experience with the MU, but from what I have played, I don't see how it's favorable. It seems more even than anything.

What advantage(s) does Doomsday have against Sinestro? Trait? MB Venom?

Sinestro seems to be able to check Doomsday's trait with d1 spam pretty easily. The only thing that I can think of that makes his trait useful is when you knock Sinestro down in the corner because then he can't wake up. Or, if the Sinestro player knows d1 can keep your trait in check, they may dash into d1 range to keep hitting you, and you can punish it by baiting it out by activating trait.

It took me a few times against P2W last Sunday to realize that every single time I would activate trait outside of the corner, he would immediately dash into d1 range and just keep using it until my trait was gone. After realizing this, I would activate trait far enough away from him and punish his dash in.

Others have suggested that after activating trait, block his d1 and poke back with a d1 one of my own. I tried this and it didn't seem to consistently work. Maybe that's on me and I have to work on my timing.

MB Fear Blast seems to keep Doomsday in check at mid to full screen because it blows up MB Venom, especially if the Sinestro player makes the right read.

Then there's Sinestro's trait. But let's be honest here, WHO DOESN'T have an issue once his trait is out? This makes it even easier for him to blow up MB Venom or stop your oki game, even in the corner. If you block his Arachnid Sting or whatever it is called on wake up and you try to punish, he can stop you with his trait.

d1~Earth Shake anywhere other than the corner gives him a free d2 into vortex as well. So, having to tell yourself to stop using it is certainly a key factor in winning this MU in my opinion. So, it's basically boiling down to raw Earth Shake, d3 and throws.

Trying to body splash him is about as effective as it is against Zod because he pretty much always beats it out with a d2 and even if it trades, he can hit you with Shackles and you're back in the vortex.

Is there something I'm missing as to why this is supposed to be favorable? If I am, please enlighten me. This is one of the MUs I struggle with the most, which is certainly my fault because I don't play enough Sinestro players.

@WoundCowboy
@Hysteria
@Wowbiggulps

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Why would you jump when you're floaty vs someone with a good AA or not block his D1 and counterpoke with d1 shake?

E

Eldriken

Why would you jump when you're floaty vs someone with a good AA or not block his D1 and counterpoke with d1 shake?
I already said that I tried doing that and it was inconsistent. It's probably something I have to work on myself. People also sometimes jump out of habit or to hope for the best. I've learned to pretty much never jump against him.

E

Eldriken

I've already said 5-5. Its a hard mu. And annoying one.
You're one of the few who actually have it as even. I just don't understand why some Sinestro players (or Doomsday players) say that Sinestro loses this MU. It is a massive pain in the ass.

E

Eldriken

I got it as 6-4 Doomsday...just play it on the ground...how can Sinestro stop you from getting in? DD will ALWAYS get his chance to maul Sinestro.
Trait and MB Fear Blast seem to do a good enough job unless you're already in his face.

I guess I'd have to watch some matches to possible see what I'm doing wrong.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Trait and MB Fear Blast seem to do a good enough job unless you're already in his face.

I guess I'd have to watch some matches to possible see what I'm doing wrong.
Think about it like this...he is forced to burn his resources to keep you at bay...if he doesn't well then...your in for free. To me the Sinestro player has to work super hard to keep DD at bay...much more than the work we have to put in to get to him.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Think about it like this...he is forced to burn his resources to keep you at bay...if he doesn't well then...your in for free. To me the Sinestro player has to work super hard to keep DD at bay...much more than the work we have to put in to get to him.
This is my opinion on it mainly.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
You can stop the d1 checks in trait by just blocking 1. Then you can d1 yourself. That shouldn't be a talking point in this mu because tons of characters can do the same thing to stall out dd trait. Also sinestro can only really get trait off of a knockdown. It's probably an even matchup but if it's anyone's favor, it's doomsdays.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
As a sinestro player I really don't like the doomsday match up at all.
I feel like I just get ran over,that could be due to the fact that I'm shite though.
doomsdays trait doesn't give a fuck about mb fear blast or sinestro's trait.
not many characters can say that.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
when ever I play it against sinestro I usually notice that he will usually walk himself to a corner. It feels like you can d1 es just about every string he does, When you block.(this could be inexperienced player or online shennanies) to check Sin. Air axe you can aa grab. Once put in the corner its really hard for him to get out. With a strong corner game and the reverse wake ups, he is having a hard time getting out. If you read a fear blast Mb super nova to get in. Use it sparingly of course but it's like an instant get in free if he's caught by it. If I'm totally off then I'm srry haha I play @TelekineticBeing and I have a much easier time going against his sinestro. He usually salts out. Even maybe Mb shoulder at like mid screen so not all of Mb fear blast comes out and the armor eats it. That's my opinion at least. But I'm also an online warrior so I might just get away with alot.

E

Eldriken

You can stop the d1 checks in trait by just blocking 1. Then you can d1 yourself. That shouldn't be a talking point in this mu because tons of characters can do the same thing to stall out dd trait. Also sinestro can only really get trait off of a knockdown. It's probably an even matchup but if it's anyone's favor, it's doomsdays.
I know other characters can do it, but even after getting hit with their d1 while in trait, I can hit them back with mine without having to block. I guess it just SEEMED to me that his d1 was too fast to do that. I guess I'll just have to block it and then punish, as was suggested.

TKB

Noob
I don't think I'm experienced enough in this matchup for my opinion to even be considered :oops: it's probably even but when sinestro gets knocked down its a pain in the ass to get up.

E

Eldriken

I don't think I'm experienced enough in this matchup for my opinion to even be considered :oops: it's probably even but when sinestro gets knocked down its a pain in the ass to get up.
Yes, I know. But getting him to that point isn't the easiest of things to do.

TKB

Noob
Yes, I know. But getting him to that point isn't the easiest of things to do.
For a sinestro that knows the matchup that's probably true.

Again I'm probably just inexperienced with doomsday but he gets in so fucking easy with shoulder. Lol I never feel like I can zone him much or keep him away from me.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
What is Sinestro's options after blocking earthshaker in the corner? Anything good enough that doesn't result in another earthshaker? Just curious I'm trying to see both sides of the matchup.

E

Eldriken

What is Sinestro's options after blocking earthshaker in the corner? Anything good enough that doesn't result in another earthshaker? Just curious I'm trying to see both sides of the matchup.
I don't know, honestly. Doomsday can probably check him with a d1, but not a d1~Earth Shake 'cause the second hit will whiff and he gets a free d2.

But as for what Sinestro can do afterwards is beyond me. He might be able to d2? Someone else will probably have to answer that for you.