What's new

Question - Shaolin Is Shaolin Kung Jin the LeBron James of MKXL?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
LeBron James is noticed as one of the best players in basketball in this generation and of all time. The most notable thing about LBJ is his tools for every situation. You can put him anywhere on the court and he will hold his own.

That's what brings up this question - is Shaolin Kung Jin the LeBron James of MKXL?

No he's not going to drop 50% damage in a combo but he will convert off of anything, has good zoning tools, has the reach to contest in the neutral, has a 7 frame for punishing, his b1 hurts opponents when they whiff and strong armor for defense. Not only that, his air control is top tier. It just seems like he has the tools for every situation.

Thoughts?

I apologize for my woke-up-at-4am thread haha

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I don't watch basketball so I don't know whether this is a valid comparison. Going from what you said about LeBron, it probably fits well enough.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
seriously if half the people who just dropped boujitsu stuck with shaolin for just a bit more work- the tech and meta would prob have been ten fold of what it is right now. - ive emptied out all the lint in my pocket to make room from this variation.

Lokheit

Noob
Closest to Lebron would be Quan Chi: really good and requiring specific gameplans to stop him but hated or disliked by a big chunk of the community. Even being so good didn't get to win big time by himself and now he's past his prime and the current meta has new top dogs making it unlikely that he wins again.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Closest to Lebron would be Quan Chi: really good and requiring specific gameplans to stop him but hated or disliked by a big chunk of the community. Even being so good didn't get to win big time by himself and now he's past his prime and the current meta has new top dogs making it unlikely that he wins again.
Quan is James Harden.

He will play offense better than almost anybody...but no defense.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Mileena, Kano, Johnny (except Air to Airs), Takeda. Just a couple other characters with a lot of options. It's not just Jin, I don't even think Jin is the best at being an all around character. I think that goes to Mileena or Kano (just to be clear I don't mean best in the game, but best overall options for almost every situation). While Jin is good at a lot of things and even amazing at air game and conversions, I don't think there's particularly anything "broken" or ridiculous about him.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Mileena, Kano, Johnny (except Air to Airs), Takeda. Just a couple other characters with a lot of options. It's not just Jin, I don't even think Jin is the best at being an all around character. I think that goes to Mileena or Kano (just to be clear I don't mean best in the game, but best overall options for almost every situation). While Jin is good at a lot of things and even amazing at air game and conversions, I don't think there's particularly anything "broken" or ridiculous about him.
IMO, this is what drew me to Kung Jin in the first place. He's proof that you can be fair in this game and still be equipped with amazingly solid tools. He's never been an unreliable character even after all these patches.

Last edited: