What's new

Is Shang’s soul swap an auto-win against most characters?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
My bad I meant two bars around 38% 1 bar. But I never said I think it shouldn't be in tourney I think NRS thought they where to string maybe but after seeing all characters customs I'm starting to think most of them where not thought out well if at all.
Exploding Corpse + Ground Explosion is my preferred loadout for Tournament Variations and Shake + Ground Explosion is my secondary then I'd pick FireNado + Ground Explosion as my third loadout if we ever get Kustom for Ranked.
But with Shang being high mid tier at bare minimum I doubt we will get a change unless its a universal one to variations like: a third tourney variety/customs allowed.
yeah ground burst plus exploding corpse is the one i use. But honestly if you want a good pressure option, forget about rain's kick, use the green projectile, it cancels faster up close and the mb is a cetrion beam with pushback.

yeah ground burst plus exploding corpse is the one i use. But honestly if you want a good pressure option, forget about rain's kick, use the green projectile, it cancels faster up close and the mb is a cetrion beam with pushback.
I disagree about the Super Kick and the “green projectile”. The best cancel option I found for both of them is off b1. The fastest B1xxSuper Kick cancel I did was -7 on block, the fastest b1xxScreaming Soul cancel is -3 on block. But you have to look at several other factors in terms of pressure. The projectile itself doesn’t represent any danger up close, even if you take Amplified version into account. And you have to commit to it off b1. And b1 by itself is -2 on block, so it is a better stagger by itself.
With b1xxSuper Kick you get a hitconfirmable launcher. The kick itself is -9 with pushback, so it isn’t easy to punish. But there is a gap which you can FB. I wasn’t able to interrupt it even with a 6 frame normal, but in theory there supposed to be an 8 frame gap (even if it is indeed so, 7 frame moves will trade granting you a combo). So if your opponent’s best option here is FB, canceling into -7 is good enough to stay safe on block confirm, and even stagger. On hit you get a combo so it is much more rewarding. And Super Kick is a great combo extender over all, because it gives you corner combos, and doesn’t conflict with db1 or bf1 flaming skull (which is a much better projectile in neutral than the screaming soul). It connects from all starters just like Ground Eruption (unlike Corpse drop), and doesn’t replace the default db1.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I disagree about the Super Kick and the “green projectile”. The best cancel option I found for both of them is off b1. The fastest B1xxSuper Kick cancel I did was -7 on block, the fastest b1xxScreaming Soul cancel is -3 on block. But you have to look at several other factors in terms of pressure. The projectile itself doesn’t represent any danger up close, even if you take Amplified version into account. And you have to commit to it off b1. And b1 by itself is -2 on block, so it is a better stagger by itself.
With b1xxSuper Kick you get a hitconfirmable launcher. The kick itself is -9 with pushback, so it isn’t easy to punish. But there is a gap which you can FB. I wasn’t able to interrupt it even with a 6 frame normal, but in theory there supposed to be an 8 frame gap (even if it is indeed so, 7 frame moves will trade granting you a combo). So if your opponent’s best option here is FB, canceling into -7 is good enough to stay safe on block confirm, and even stagger. On hit you get a combo so it is much more rewarding. And Super Kick is a great combo extender over all, because it gives you corner combos, and doesn’t conflict with db1 or bf1 flaming skull (which is a much better projectile in neutral than the screaming soul). It connects from all starters just like Ground Eruption (unlike Corpse drop), and doesn’t replace the default db1.
superkick for corner combo's is terrible, all it does it put you in the corner instead, if you want corner combo's your better off going with corpse explosion or ermac's lift.

superkick for corner combo's is terrible, all it does it put you in the corner instead, if you want corner combo's your better off going with corpse explosion or ermac's lift.
I agree about the corner stuff, but everything else I said still stands. Plus look at this Swag Super Kick corner combo that doesn't put you in the corner) lol