What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Reduce the tracking and have every missile hit in the same place or make the first missile have high hit stun, the second have moderate and the last have very little.. Personally I don't think it needs anything.. It's a 52 frame mid, there is no reason for it to hit you unless your being an idiot.. But judging from other post, TYM won't let this live
It only hits one time tho it looks like three but really once it comes down its only one time. You can armor if your up close as well.

It's definitely tough zoning because you have to make a read on will I run in or not because if you run in and I do in front missles your hit but if you make the right read your in my face. But if you sit there scared to move I'll just throw up missles and rockets all day

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
OK I just watched reos video and I do agree the tracking should stay on one side if opponent makes a read and teleports out

I have 2 solutions :

1) Make every missile hit in the same place and reduce the hitstun by a lot (make it so that Sektor can still combo out of it, but not out of trades)

2) Keep the absurd tracking, but up missiles don't combo on hit
Lol.. You guys still don't understand that this move is SUPPOSED to be a bad move to trade against? The only time it should hit is during a trade so that would remove all of its combo potential lol

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Play Tremor. :DOGE :joker:

I seriously cannot wait to see high level matches between Konjurer and Sektor. The set-ups alone should be awesome.
Lol poor tremor. I've never actually fought a konjurer yet only labbed a little but I know the screen would be filled with rockets, aliens and face huggers lol

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
/QUOTE]
Smoke is doing just fine with all those tools, vortex, safe 50/50s and anti-zoning tools.
S4 consistently whiffs airborne, 99% of his strings have gaps, and sb is not a Legit anti-zoning tool sir. Smoke is free against GM sub zero. Oh yea b1 can't combo into sb consistently without using ex sb btw, oh yea he's perfectly fine lol

kevkopdx

Noob
Lol.. You guys still don't understand that this move is SUPPOSED to be a bad move to trade against? The only time it should hit is during a trade so that would remove all of its combo potential lol
why does there need to be such massive hit stun though? sector has a tele, he doesnt need to run off and fill his kerosene tanks before he finishes the combo.
honestly, i wish they would reduce the hit stun on all characters with moves like this, there should be less of a window and encourage errors if you cant finish your combo in time.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
why does there need to be such massive hit stun though? sector has a tele, he doesnt need to run off and fill his kerosene tanks before he finishes the combo.
honestly, i wish they would reduce the hit stun on all characters with moves like this, there should be less of a window and encourage errors if you cant finish your combo in time.
I agree the hit stun should change a little I think you should be able to combo on hit still but a tighter window and the tracking should not send a stray missles to other side of screen if the opponent makes the right read and teleports since they should be rewarded for that read.

But it's not to different from some other projectiles like soul ball or ice ball even Tanya enhanced tonfa toss allows you to run 3/4 screen and combo on a trade and I could go as far to say you don't want to trade with reptiles forceballs because he can get full combos as well.

I know all these moves serve different purposes and each character is different but it's not a new concept to have projectiles you can't trade with

kevkopdx

Noob
I agree the hit stun should change a little I think you should be able to combo on hit still but a tighter window and the tracking should not send a stray missles to other side of screen if the opponent makes the right read and teleports since they should be rewarded for that read.

But it's not to different from some other projectiles like soul ball or ice ball even Tanya enhanced tonfa toss allows you to run 3/4 screen and combo on a trade and I could go as far to say you don't want to trade with reptiles forceballs because he can get full combos as well.

I know all these moves serve different purposes and each character is different but it's not a new concept to have projectiles you can't trade with
yeah, you should be able to punish i suppose... but i hate normals that are full punish full screen(unless its like scorpions spear, if youre hit full screen, you deserve punishment)... tanyas enhanced can punish 3/4 but you have to immediately run in on hit, one hesitation and you wont connect... sectors zoning is amazing regardless... dont get me wrong, as bartitsu you have to inch your way across the screen, and i dont mind doing that, but the move is just too much as is... im just a filthy casual so i dont mind getting blown up for my opinion

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
yeah, you should be able to punish i suppose... but i hate normals that are full punish full screen(unless its like scorpions spear, if youre hit full screen, you deserve punishment)... tanyas enhanced can punish 3/4 but you have to immediately run in on hit, one hesitation and you wont connect... sectors zoning is amazing regardless... dont get me wrong, as bartitsu you have to inch your way across the screen, and i dont mind doing that, but the move is just too much as is... im just a filthy casual so i dont mind getting blown up for my opinion
Yea I'm not saying his zoning isn't amazing because it is really good. Ppl just act like because you can't trade with it that's the reason it's to much.

I think the tracking could be adjusted and make it so the convert is tighter full screen so if your knocked down you can't but on a trade you can.

I played one of my friends online who played bartitsu and what he was doing was reading if I would do above rockets run in and use his range with the staff to hit me if I would do rockets over top myself. I'm not saying that how you should play the MU but definitely look into using your range as a start

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
@kevkopdx also all opinions should be heard even if your not a pro so even if your wrong maybe you will learn something you didn't think about trying or doing so don't let the trolls deter you

FOXSOLID

Noob
Who ever that leaky pussy on commentary is should get blasted in the jaw for the stupid shit he says.

Complaining about Sektor's ex flame thrower having armor and hitting on both sides while simultaneously routing for that lame ass flow chart Kung Lao who has a move of equal properties that pops you up. If he's reading this, go fuck yourself with a stun rod. Sounds like a complete bitch.

kevkopdx

Noob
Yea I'm not saying his zoning isn't amazing because it is really good. Ppl just act like because you can't trade with it that's the reason it's to much.

I think the tracking could be adjusted and make it so the convert is tighter full screen so if your knocked down you can't but on a trade you can.

I played one of my friends online who played bartitsu and what he was doing was reading if I would do above rockets run in and use his range with the staff to hit me if I would do rockets over top myself. I'm not saying that how you should play the MU but definitely look into using your range as a start
agreed and that is exactly what i try to do, get in range and d4 is great but the struggle remains! still i have fun with the mu, i like having to work for a win... bartitsu's damage and shenanigans on hit are too much fun ;)

kevkopdx

Noob
@kevkopdx also all opinions should be heard even if your not a pro so even if your wrong maybe you will learn something you didn't think about trying or doing so don't let the trolls deter you
oh believe me, im learning, all i come against is triborg online all day.... alllllll day.... lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
They don't lead to 40% like sektor for one bar like Sektor. Scorpion probably gets 31 off of a EX TELE, Kitana probably like 25-30% off of a fan, Mileena you need to have the opponent jump if you don't want to spend a bar.for a full combo. And Sub you need to freeze with either that slow ass ice ball or easy to take care of ice clone...

Please my nigga. We can do this all day.
Scorpion gets a full run in combo with minion into a standanding reset. Subzero gets corner carry comvo to rape u in the corner etc.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
agreed and that is exactly what i try to do, get in range and d4 is great but the struggle remains! still i have fun with the mu, i like having to work for a win... bartitsu's damage and shenanigans on hit are too much fun ;)
Yea bartitsu d4 has crazy range and once he got in on my it was tough mostly because I'm not use to his mix ups but when your pressuring just try to bait sektors ex flame since its his only armor and it's -13 on block

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
So what is everyone opinion on how to tone down up missle?

Should it not combo at all and just allow pressure or should it only combo from close missles and maybe only allow a rocket check from full screen?

Just curious on what ppl think should be done.
Let it be. It's fine.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I disagree. I find Sektor to be an AMAZING variation, as he can both dominate up close and from a distance.
Along with that, I've yet to discover a good armored wake-up for Cyber Sub or Cyrax; as Sektor has his Ex Flamethrower.

TL;DR He dominates close and long range, with a good armored wake-up option which I think the other variations lack.