What's new

Question - Sektor Is Sektor Lacking in Comparison to His Counterparts?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Not to mention how he is close to untouchable after he uses up rocket. Even if you react fast and punish him on recovery using a move that changes position, chances are a rocket will still hit you and you are dead lol. It's insane

ok look at that video. thats fucking ridiculous. no way should the tracking be like that

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
He's definitely very strong. All it took for me to realize this was a 10-minute video I just watched of Nikolass versus Shady's Tempest Lao. My first time ever seeing Sektor in action, too (haven't bothered to use Tri-Borg at all yet).

GAV

Holy shit you guys dick ride the tourney players so hard.
When everyone speaks like they know, the easiest way to weed through it is to listen to the proven players.

I like to go into the game and lab things to figure things out for myself because sometimes proven players have an agenda.

Asking questions is what most players should be doing. Not making definitive statements with little more to go on than casual observations would be good too.

We don't want to immediately dismiss what unproven players are saying, but when so many of them talk like they know when they don't - there needs to be ways to weed through it all quickly.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This move is kind of good:

You know it's a bit questionable when players pick up a brand new character and are going even / and or beating players that have been maining certain characters for months without even optimizing their newly piked up DLC with months of EXP under their belt.
I found this out yesterday as well while testing F3 telepot as a punish for Scorpion. Usually that is very good for screwing up tracking moves (like Tremors up rock) as it tries to get you in F3 but then the teleport gets you out. You can still do it for up rockets but the timing is a lot more strict.

There might be some strings that can get around it though, Scorps B32F2 is not bad for that but still the timing is tighter than it probably should be.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

You know it's a bit questionable when players pick up a brand new character and are going even / and or beating players that have been maining certain characters for months without even optimizing their newly piked up DLC with months of EXP under their belt.
This has happened to me countless times lol it's so dumb....why NRS, why?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
When everyone speaks like they know, the easiest way to weed through it is to listen to the proven players.

I like to go into the game and lab things to figure things out for myself because sometimes proven players have an agenda.

Asking questions is what most players should be doing. Not making definitive statements with little more to go on than casual observations would be good too.

We don't want to immediately dismiss what unproven players are saying, but when so many of them talk like they know when they don't - there needs to be ways to weed through it all quickly.
its a dumb way of doing it, i find its just as likely the "proven" players are the ones with the most reason to lie, downplay and manipulate facts to try keep their character strong

I just judge statements on the merit of whats being said, regardless of the credentials of who says it. trying to quickly sift through competitive discussion by turning it into a popularity contest is a recipe for disaster

GAV

its a dumb way of doing it, i find its just as likely the "proven" players are the ones with the most reason to lie, downplay and manipulate facts to try keep their character strong

I just judge statements on the merit of whats being said, regardless of the credentials of who says it. trying to quickly sift through competitive discussion by turning it into a popularity contest is a recipe for disaster
...but when things are new and many players don't know, its your safest bet. I know a little about Triborg as I've labbed him extensively.

I also believe that Alien is just as strong as Triborg, but I haven't labbed it out yet - so I'll say its just a hunch. I'm not going to speak definitively on it until I know more.

What's happening too much here is people have hunches and then they come here speaking like they know.

I don't know much about Leatherface or BRC yet, so I'll listen to what the proven players have to say until I can better figure things out for myself.

After I know how things work, I can see through the down and up-playing.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Far advancing specials tend to avoid up missile trades dependant on positioning, e.g Raiden's superman, reptile's slide. If Sektor is cornered however, Superman for instance trades and Sextor gets a free combo. (Since the special isn't advancing far enough out of the way rocket downpour.) Slide will result in a knockdown, and enough time to block the missiles. Still doesn't sound all too favorable. :oops:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
...but when things are new and many players don't know, its your safest bet. I know a little about Triborg as I've labbed him extensively.

I also believe that Alien is just as strong as Triborg, but I haven't labbed it out yet - so I'll say its just a hunch. I'm not going to speak definitively on it until I know more.

What's happening too much here is people have hunches and then they come here speaking like they know.

I don't know much about Leatherface or BRC yet, so I'll listen to what the proven players have to say until I can better figure things out for myself.
ill listen to what everyone says, but trust the people speaking in logically supported statements, and be skeptical of the ones making vague / blanket statements, and ill experience it all in the lab before i draw an opinion on anything

i agree with you

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Far advancing specials tend to avoid up missile trades dependant on positioning, e.g Raiden's superman, reptile's slide. If Sektor is cornered however, Superman for instance trades and Sextor gets a free combo. (Since the special isn't advancing far enough out of the way rocket downpour.) Slide will result in a knockdown, and enough time to block the missiles. Still doesn't sound all too favorable. :oops:
Sektor's Fire Everywhere Special is a Get Out of Jail Free Card anytime he has a bar of meter.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_

Probably because they dont know the matchup. Give it time i feel like triborg will have some trouble in the future.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
A read and reaction aren't the same.. A lot of projectiles he can't punish on reaction
Ive punished easy ones like subs ice ball, interactables, Raidens ligtning, and even Mileenas sais and Kitanas fans. Thats just from my experience ,tele punch is super good expecially since it could be made safe

Ive punished easy ones like subs ice ball, interactables, Raidens ligtning, and even Mileenas sais and Kitanas fans. Thats just from my experience ,tele punch is super good expecially since it could be made safe
It can't be made safe bro.. Trust me.. Maybe you can react to them now that I think about it lol I didn't play any zoner till late last night when I was tired but csz's ice ball recovered every time

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
It can't be made safe bro.. Trust me.. Maybe you can react to them now that I think about it lol I didn't play any zoner till late last night when I was tired but csz's ice ball recovered every time
Am i wrong or is the air dash safe against 90% of the cast? I heard only mileena could roll to punish. But nobody ever punished me after the air dash

I'd rather not say how to punish it for obvious reasons but it's full comb punishable to my knowledge.. I only tested it on 5 characters tho

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
So what is everyone opinion on how to tone down up missle?

Should it not combo at all and just allow pressure or should it only combo from close missles and maybe only allow a rocket check from full screen?

Just curious on what ppl think should be done.

Should it not combo at all and just allow pressure or should it only combo from close missles and maybe only allow a rocket check from full screen?

Reduce the tracking and have every missile hit in the same place or make the first missile have high hit stun, the second have moderate and the last have very little.. Personally I don't think it needs anything.. It's a 52 frame mid, there is no reason for it to hit you unless your being an idiot.. But judging from other post, TYM won't let this live

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

I have 2 solutions :

1) Make every missile hit in the same place and reduce the hitstun by a lot (make it so that Sektor can still combo out of it, but not out of trades)

2) Keep the absurd tracking, but up missiles don't combo on hit