What's new

Is Searing Rage the go-to variation now?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I seen a few matches. Dudes name was Arizona I think. He played well, but it also proves that people still haven’t labbed the MU.

You can literally mash anything he does into TPC close except for b14 xx TPC. If the player knows this it’s a different ball game.
Even if you do know this it doesn't change a whole lot. There is counter play into you mashing a crouching move that opens up the TPC behind.

Even if you do know this it doesn't change a whole lot. There is counter play into you mashing a crouching move that opens up the TPC behind.
Then you play a good Jacqui player and get F3 to the face whenever you TPC behind without using B14.

There isn’t counter play to that situation. Let’s say you b2 xx TPC behind. If she read it, that’s a punish. If she’s late, a free block string. You can substitute Jacqui with any fast mid character, & the situation is still unfavorable.

Against characters with slow mids he has counter play with TPC behind.

Matix218

Get over here!
Then you play a good Jacqui player and get F3 to the face whenever you TPC behind without using B14.

There isn’t counter play to that situation. Let’s say you b2 xx TPC behind. If she read it, that’s a punish. If she’s late, a free block string. You can substitute Jacqui with any fast mid character, & the situation is still unfavorable.

But if you do regular b2 with no cancel and she does that she gets hit. Not saying that is a great guess for scorpion either because b2 is also full combo punishable on block anyway...

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Why not just do teleport away on block? I usually only use tpc cancel when im cornered. You can even punish some recovery on normals with spear?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Instead of explaining all the scenarios. I'd rather just say this instead.

I think Reborn has to condition you to think "he'll always TPC away" and just not push buttons when your brain recognizes its a cancel. Unlike all the other teleport in the game..... he's only like -20 (i think) behind you. That is nuts. I'm pretty confident its un-reactable to punish. The whole TP is 40 or so frames i think. But you have to also account for getting hit.
So your example makes me think the player is literally guessing and pressing f3 on reaction to the TP and not the cancel. This makes sense to me, as a hard read punish. But if you just let er' rip.. she gets hit.

This all goes out the window if he's cornered.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why not just do teleport away on block? I usually only use tpc cancel when im cornered. You can even punish some recovery on normals with spear?
This is not ideal... as most characters have a one button that can OS punish both cancels. If you cancel away its a combo.... if you cancel behind its a low profile move that gives them frames or a KD. Think someone with a f4 starter that OS into a b4 sweep.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
This is not ideal... as most characters have a one button that can OS punish both cancels. If you cancel away its a combo.... if you cancel behind its a low profile move that gives them frames or a KD. Think someone with a f4 starter that OS into a b4 sweep.
You mean when you're cornered? Yeah when you're cornered you're kinda screwed, I can usually get away with the cancel behind on a blocked string I can't remember ever getting punished yet.

Instead of explaining all the scenarios. I'd rather just say this instead.

I think Reborn has to condition you to think "he'll always TPC away" and just not push buttons when your brain recognizes its a cancel. Unlike all the other teleport in the game..... he's only like -20 (i think) behind you. That is nuts. I'm pretty confident its un-reactable to punish. The whole TP is 40 or so frames i think. But you have to also account for getting hit.
So your example makes me think the player is literally guessing and pressing f3 on reaction to the TP and not the cancel. This makes sense to me, as a hard read punish. But if you just let er' rip.. she gets hit.

This all goes out the window if he's cornered.
You still can’t let it rip off of anything other than B14. This is like my 10th time saying this.

They only have to neutral crouch and react to the cancel. This grants a free poke punish. Which leads to a free string.

You got for full punishment on a read. This could be done before the patch as well.

Ill keep trying in that case with the volume up lol
I am 37 and could hit confirm F3xx tele lol (in the practice room!!! :D).
But I had issues with B2 hitconfirm... And I felt that practicing that OS window is not in my comfort zone of playing mortal kombat (I did not learn the B3xxtele OS in MKX either).

But I am lazy and just play SR even if it is "already ass". :)
However I clearly see that only F3 hitconfirm would make a big difference in the up close respect game.

With SR I try to use that D1 into S1, D3 into S2 hit confirmable strings instead of F3xx TLC confirm it serves the same purpose but not the same of course especially because the jail needs commitment to the move.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You still can’t let it rip off of anything other than B14. This is like my 10th time saying this.

They only have to neutral crouch and react to the cancel. This grants a free poke punish. Which leads to a free string.

You got for full punishment on a read. This could be done before the patch as well.
are you saying that you're getting punished BEFORE the cancel happens?

You can't say a full punishg (jacqui f3) on a read and also just NC reacting can happen in the same thought process.

you have to choose one.

I'm legit confused by your argument to me. Like I agree with everything you're saying punishment wise... but you're ignoring what i'm saying as well :(

are you saying that you're getting punished BEFORE the cancel happens?

You can't say a full punishg (jacqui f3) on a read and also just NC reacting can happen in the same thought process.

you have to choose one.

I'm legit confused by your argument to me. Like I agree with everything you're saying punishment wise... but you're ignoring what i'm saying as well :(
Dude it's a read. However, if you want to stop him from TPC behind 100% of the time just poke. The only time he can check you is if he does B14 xx TP and lets it rip.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So b2 xx tele cancel backwards is interruptable at mid screen? I know b14 tele cancel away can be punished by fast advancing specials.

Edit.

I misread a post earlier. b2 away tele cancel can only be punished in corner.

Last edited: