What's new

Is Searing Rage the go-to variation now?

Just gotta let them know the option is there. If you're trying to win a match you abuse until they react accordingly. Gotta play the opponent, not just the game. It's the only way theyll learn.
Yes that is the essence of the fighting game. :)
Probably I just expect always the best player facing me who labbed the match up as much as I did. :D
But I will never figure out the player's capabilities if I do not test it.

That's why I hate FT2 a bit as there is not much room for testing especially in 30-40% punish range.
Sometimes I realize the same opponent and it is still much easier as I remember to him but I do not play that much to have consistent knowledge about the community. :D

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Please refer to that I did not watch but curious.
I"ll put it together.

Essentially the player was using Reborn in the manner that shows why it is more powerful than SR. He played so well.

But it also showed that Scorpion not having a decent mid up close means that all the characters that do have a decent mid and staggers just bully the absolute crap outta him and make him take huge risks to just get away.

I"ll put it together.

Essentially the player was using Reborn in the manner that shows why it is more powerful than SR. He played so well.

But it also showed that Scorpion not having a decent mid up close means that all the characters that do have a decent mid and staggers just bully the absolute crap outta him and make him take huge risks to just get away.
That's nothing new but thx for the summary.
I wanted to watch myself though.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
After playing a lot of reborn since the patch, I'm convinced it's the better choice, for me at least. Everything I've been doing with searing rage seems to work better in reborn because I can make everything mostly safe without having to commit to being negative at point blank range. It makes me a lot less hesitant to use b14.

Being able to safely hit confirm off of b2 and f3 is a big deal imo. F3 staggers work really well when utilizing this. I feel I should have been playing reborn all along.

The huge increase in mobility is a big deal. I may be comfortable in some matches with sr still but reborn definitely feels better imo. I think the people saying reborn was better all along were correct.

I've got to practice hit-confirming f3 and b2. I practiced the fucking OS for 2 hours to no success and just gave up.
Gotta grind that shit like the fucking b222 OS on Erron. I'm sick of getting clapped.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've got to practice hit-confirming f3 and b2. I practiced the fucking OS for 2 hours to no success and just gave up.
Gotta grind that shit like the fucking b222 OS on Erron. I'm sick of getting clapped.
I need to get that OS down too. I cannot seem to get it right... Raptor gets it off of everything like everytime... It totally changes the character.

I"ll put it together.

I seen a few matches. Dudes name was Arizona I think. He played well, but it also proves that people still haven’t labbed the MU.

You can literally mash anything he does into TPC close except for b14 xx TPC. If the player knows this it’s a different ball game.

Matix218

Get over here!
I seen a few matches. Dudes name was Arizona I think. He played well, but it also proves that people still haven’t labbed the MU.

You can literally mash anything he does into TPC close except for b14 xx TPC. If the player knows this it’s a different ball game.
I saw the set, the guy was NOT doing the Raptor option selects off of raw b1, b2, f3. The fact that he still did that well without having that in his arsenal was impressive. I liked his scorpion. If he adds the OS stuff he would be very deadly.

I saw the set, the guy was NOT doing the Raptor option selects off of raw b1, b2, f3. The fact that he still did that well without having that in his arsenal was impressive. I liked his scorpion. If he adds the OS stuff he would be very deadly.
You gotta remember it was also an online tourney. No way you’re getting the OS 10/10 times

It was funny to listen to Sonicfox during his Tier list video about Scorpion.
SR "was already ass they did not touch it" lol.

So he tier listed Reborn mainly when he listed him higher now lower... :D

At least Sonic knows sr needs touching. People would probably cry of my God how could they buff scorpion even though it would be just to the strengths of the supposedly inferior variation

I honestly don't know how you guys are hit confirming off normals in an mk game with the way the input system is and these buttons don't necessarily have large cancel windows. I can hit confirm f42 and maybe b14 but that's it. I can understand hit confirming in street fighter which I can do because it just has a solid input system

Matix218

Get over here!
I honestly don't know how you guys are hit confirming off normals in an mk game with the way the input system is and these buttons don't necessarily have large cancel windows. I can hit confirm f42 and maybe b14 but that's it. I can understand hit confirming in street fighter which I can do because it just has a solid input system
I can only hit confirm multi hitting "strings", not stand alone normals. The only way stand alone normals can be "confirmed" in MK are if an input option select exists as far as I know and those are not actual confirmations by the player obviously, just tricking the game into confirming for you based on a specific input and timing.

I can only hit confirm multi hitting "strings", not stand alone normals. The only way stand alone normals can be "confirmed" in MK are if an input option select exists as far as I know and those are not actual confirmations by the player obviously, just tricking the game into confirming for you based on a specific input and timing.
Even when Phoenix was playing he was apparently just committing to most of what he's doing. I for sure can't do it in mk unless the normal has some incredibly long hitstun

Matix218

Get over here!
Even when Phoenix was playing he was apparently just committing to most of what he's doing. I for sure can't do it in mk unless the normal has some incredibly long hitstun
Are you saying you cant hit confirm b14/f42 into away teleport (if blocked) or amp teleport (if it hits)?

Or are you just saying you can't do it on a single hit move (f3, b2, b1, etc)?

Matix218

Get over here!
the single hit moves. I usually just call the first hit of anything normals.
Yeah there is no way to confirm the single hit moves. If you dont have some way of tricking the game into giving you an option select based on your input timing it is 100% a read.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I need to get that OS down too. I cannot seem to get it right... Raptor gets it off of everything like everytime... It totally changes the character.
Hit confirming is easier imo. The option select is probably more affective when playing online, though. It can be really tough to hit confirm online.

I usually just put the dummy on random block and practice. I've been pretty consistent. I haven't tried practicing with input delay on, though.

Matix218

Get over here!
Hit confirming is easier imo. The option select is probably more affective when playing online, though. It can be really tough to hit confirm online.

I usually just put the dummy on random block and practice. I've been pretty consistent. I haven't tried practicing with input delay on, though.
I think my 36 year old reactions may just be too slow to do this. I have tried but the input window is so small to be able to confirm (for me at least)