What's new

Question Is Rain worth learning?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Rain has massive potential, I'm far along that road but still not there but yes, I believe he is worth learning. And [MENTION=7994]Faded Dreams V[/MENTION] . Alot of my execution mistakes were made because I have been practicing loads of other characters besides Rain; hell I just discovered that while trying to do my armored dash, half of the time it wasn't coming out was because I was holding block for too long. The point is, his "high execution" can easily easily be overcame and his high damage output, RH mixups, armor and great normals make him extremely extremely good.

Don't listen to anyone who says that he isn't worth learning because they don't know what they're talking about.
Yes sir BookBurning. I actually played with him all day, and I have to say I love him.

Don't hurt me.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've been wondering that myself. Rain sure got a sudden flood of representation - pardon the pun - upon his release as DLC.

Methinks I'll go hit the lab with him now...

Enenra

Go to hell.
I've been wondering that myself. Rain sure got a sudden flood of representation - pardon the pun - upon his release as DLC.

Methinks I'll go hit the lab with him now...
Well, so far everyone said yes. EVERYONE. And BookBurning was very forceful lol. I've been playing with him all day, poorly, and while I did get very salty, I'm happy with him. Just need more practice.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Rain has massive potential, I'm far along that road but still not there but yes, I believe he is worth learning. And [MENTION=7994]Faded Dreams V[/MENTION] . Alot of my execution mistakes were made because I have been practicing loads of other characters besides Rain; hell I just discovered that while trying to do my armored dash, half of the time it wasn't coming out was because I was holding block for too long. The point is, his "high execution" can easily easily be overcame and his high damage output, RH mixups, armor and great normals make him extremely extremely good.

Don't listen to anyone who says that he isn't worth learning because they don't know what they're talking about.
Oh, of course it's worth learning him. Hope my post didn't come off the wrong way.

It's definitely possible to overcome his high execution. Just saying it's very challenging online. If TC has the patience to put up with the learning curve, and has a passion for the character, then by all means, he should definitely learn him. This game needs more good Rain players.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Oh, of course it's worth learning him. Hope my post didn't come off the wrong way.

It's definitely possible to overcome his high execution. Just saying it's very challenging online. If TC has the patience to put up with the learning curve, and has a passion for the character, then by all means, he should definitely learn him. This game needs more good Rain players.
TC? Tim Curry mains Rain?

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Just echoing what's already been said, but rain is a very solid character, and also has the boon of very few people knowing the match-up.