What's new

Is online stable? (Poll) Kombat League S1

Is online stable?

• Total voters

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm making this thread to see how everyone connection is online specifically XB1 but PS4/PC and Switch comments are welcome.

Some matches seem solid mostly when playing TYMers but when on Kombat League its a whole other world. Land of lag I call it. I can sit in practice for 5 hours straight even online with friends Anti Airing, Flawless Blocking ect. But when I get on KL at least half of the matches are laggy enough where I cant react and when you are trying to AA Kung Laos Teleport overhead/throw or Punish/React to Scorpions TP cancel its damn near impossible for me. Its almost got me to the point where I'm not wanting to be on Kombat league. I'm not able to reject 140ms connections that are on WiFi (150ms) seems to be the cutoff and if there is a good connection it can change during the match from 80ms to 150+.

Personally I want the following options for Kombat League Season 2:
  • Filter to choose WiFi/Wired
  • Option to select maximum ping 50ms-150ms.
  • more rewards for higher tiers other than time crystals.
  • option to choose FT2/FT3
  • make players who quit game lose points and the player who was winning get points.

Anyways how is everyone else's KL online experience, Laggy or Not?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I feel this really varies from match to match, and isn’t something you can just sum up as a general “It’s bad” or “It’s great”.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Overall it’s great. A bit peeved by not getting the win after people pull the plug but other than that I feel match making has improved somewhat and it’s nice to have something to work towards. I would prefer everything to be a first to 3 though I appreciate the time difference it makes for matches. I do not know if the points system is good or not so I won’t comment. I do however wish to point out the abundance of wifi players who have popped up and while most times the match is fine, sometimes it is awful and ruins the experience.

LawAbidingCitizen

I do not know if the points system is good or not so I won’t comment
I feel like the point system is wacked.
To start off you can't decline anything below 150ms at start and WiFi.
I'm in Grand Master currently and working towards Elder god.
The lower tiers are far to easy to climb but when you get to Master and up it gets kinda rigged. You can be matched with Apprentice through Elder God being in any rank. It doesn't match you up with your tier only. If you play a Master Rank while in Grandmaster (you don't have an option) and lose you can lose more than 50 points but if you win you only get 15 points. The master player gets 150 for a win and loses 10 if they lose. Its completely out of your favor to play ranks below you.
For Grandmaster vs Grandmaster you get 40-50 per win and need 1000 to rank up and if you lose to a lower tier you get nothing and lose everything.

All in all Kombat League is fun and cool but I feel certain things are poorly designed.
  1. The points
  2. Lack of filters
  3. 150ms is the cutoff when it should be 110 or less.
  4. The prizes are not fitting for the rank achieved. The bottom 3 give you better rewards in the middle than Eldergod through master. Tiny amount of time crystals?

I do however wish to point out the abundance of wifi players who have popped up and while most times the match is fine, sometimes it is awful and ruins the experience.
Yes I have been playing it nonstop but today I had so many laggy matches I set down the controller. Just made me feel like it wasn't worth the salt it causes. Other than those laggy matches its very fun and competitive.

LawAbidingCitizen

I updated the poll:
Doesn't allow me to change poll questions so I added more so people can choose best fit for thier experience. If you have a poll question you would like added let me know and I can add it.
Note: I allowed everyone to change votes. So the first voters can change to new poll answers if they so choose.

@Vslayer Do you have the power to change poll questions. If you can maybe you can have better poll options or a better way of describing them? I knew I wouldn't be able to get everyone's specific poll choice.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I updated the poll:
Doesn't allow me to change poll questions so I added more so people can choose best fit for thier experience. If you have a poll question you would like added let me know and I can add it.
Note: I allowed everyone to change votes. So the first voters can change to new poll answers if they so choose.

@Vslayer Do you have the power to change poll questions. If you can maybe you can have better poll options or a better way of describing them? I knew I wouldn't be able to get everyone's specific poll choice.
Doesn’t look like I can :(

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I need the option that says “mostly solid, but maybe 10% of matchups are so laggy they’re literally unplayable because the game runs at 10fps and half the button inputs don’t register”.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I feel like the point system is wacked.
To start off you can't decline anything below 150ms at start and WiFi.
I'm in Grand Master currently and working towards Elder god.
The lower tiers are far to easy to climb but when you get to Master and up it gets kinda rigged. You can be matched with Apprentice through Elder God being in any rank. It doesn't match you up with your tier only. If you play a Master Rank while in Grandmaster (you don't have an option) and lose you can lose more than 50 points but if you win you only get 15 points. The master player gets 150 for a win and loses 10 if they lose. Its completely out of your favor to play ranks below you.
For Grandmaster vs Grandmaster you get 40-50 per win and need 1000 to rank up and if you lose to a lower tier you get nothing and lose everything.

All in all Kombat League is fun and cool but I feel certain things are poorly designed.
  1. The points
  2. Lack of filters
  3. 150ms is the cutoff when it should be 110 or less.
  4. The prizes are not fitting for the rank achieved. The bottom 3 give you better rewards in the middle than Eldergod through master. Tiny amount of time crystals?

Yes I have been playing it nonstop but today I had so many laggy matches I set down the controller. Just made me feel like it wasn't worth the salt it causes. Other than those laggy matches its very fun and competitive.
I don’t really have that problem that ppl have not finding others in their rank. For me it’s been fairly consistent: same rank or one above or below. Might be region specific though

Gaxkang

Banned
More than half I'd say has some kind of issue going on.

100 ms or below fights don't feel that great. Other fights can have lag spikes...I've even seen spikes go to 400ms.

Afumba

Noob
Voted "Its ok laggy but managable". At least a quarter of the games are slideshows though.

Personally I want the following options for Kombat League Season 2:
  • Filter to choose WiFi/Wired
  • Option to select maximum ping 50ms-150ms.
  • more rewards for higher tiers other than time crystals.
  • option to choose FT2/FT3
  • make players who quit game lose points and the player who was winning get points.
Most of these points are not realistic unfortunately, actually all but the people disconnect thing. I agree with your list though except the wifi/wired filter and the rewards thing.

Option to choose ft2/ft3 would only work if they made two separate KLs and i dont see them making the split.

Better rank rewards than we have now isnt happening. Enough people are already bothered by what we have. So 1 skin/ tier and 1 gear piece/rank + some crystals will be as good as it gets. Especially given how random and unfair those rewards are.

Wifi filter is also very unlikely, like 99% unlikely. Most players are on Wifi and the peoples complaining are by far the minority. They might introduce a ping filter but i doubt it will be anything below 100-120.

Disconnecters are a pain in every game, same as people who cause lagspikes on purpose. They should not only lose points but get penalized. Something like after 3 disc=1 day ban, after 5= 3 days, 7= a week, doing it again after 7=ban for the season.
Thats just hopes and dreams though.

Additional to what you said i want for KL2:
  • character select before you enter matchmaking
  • character lock (yea ppl can laugh but i am annoyed by the counterpicking in this game)
  • There should be an option that restricts matchmaking to your current rank in the future, except rank up/down matches. Losing up to almost 200 points for a L is silly given that a rank up is only 500 points.
  • the ban system i talked about above
  • a patch so that we hopefully get more variety and Scorp isnt Mr.Counterpick anymore

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
IDK it's pretty great to me.

Even up to like 200 ms ping it's still perfectly playable. Makes it even easier to hit f2 slide