What's new

Question Is neutral ducking skillfull

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
A character having a ton of highs is not a problem if they also have good mids. If you're getting poked/d2'd out of stuff, that's a you problem. Conditioning is a thing.
This is uplay.... the mental gymnastics you gotta do to believe that noobs myriad of highs are sound design. I cant argue you man

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
If its on read, then sure.
I feel that, I'm thinking that it's always easy to say that you made a read sounds better than you made a guess which is the crux of my argument. I guess fighting games at their core are just guessing maybe I'm a hater I dont know lol

Espio

Kokomo
I love when people neutral duck. Free damage for me. People just wanna do their highs constantly cause they're neutral, plus or launch but nobody has to NOR should they respect you just cause you think they should. You're inviting them to punch you in the Adam's apple. People are risking a full combo to duck. People saying it's not risky or hard to deal with aren't being candid. 85% of my matches I win from people neutral ducking more than they should and I'm using variations where they don't get over 20% off their fast mids.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I love when people neutral duck. Free damage for me. People just wanna do their highs constantly cause they're neutral, plus or launch but nobody has to NOR should they respect you just cause you think they should. You're inviting them to punch you in the Adam's apple. People are risking a full combo to duck. People saying it's not risky or hard to deal with aren't being candid. 85% of my matches I win from people neutral ducking more than they should and I'm using variations where they don't get over 20% off their fast mids.
Thank you for the honesty. I have legit given up whole life bars to not get thrown it's crazy!!

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Not a noob player, but 2 seconds in the lab and have already found that every single one of his low pokes jails into stuff.
Try any of those and it will whiff or you'll eat a poke. D4 is +15, were talking casuals it ain't happening online

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s a read just like anything else. The reason it’s hype when you guess correctly and neutral duck, is because at higher levels throw attempts aren’t as predictable (and guessing wrong is really bad). Like in KL most throw attempts are easy to scout, but good players will be more unpredictable and they will also fake a throw attempt into a mid into a bnb or just big damage. Fake throws into shimmy or into lows/mids have been in fighters for awhile now, but they are cooler in MK11 when you take KB’s and how good throws are into consideration.

Also, you can do this with neutral duck. Which if this is ever done in tournament it would be super hype:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I tired it in practice, online dont see it happening everytime maybe I'm doing something wrong. You say it I believe it
Jailing highs from pokes can be awkward but it's definitely doable here and totally worth practicing because it makes your pressure so much better. One thing is that you just have to assume that the poke will hit and go for the follow up high, so if you aren't really that confident it will hit maybe don't go for the high string. Also if you didn't see they just adjusted hurtbox stuff so that jailing highs from pokes is way more consistent across the cast, I'm not actually sure how well this stuff jailed with Noob pre patch but it does now.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Try any of those and it will whiff or you'll eat a poke. D4 is +15, were talking casuals it ain't happening online
It definitely is possible, hit the lab and get that muscle memory. You're just holding yourself back here, NRS isn't going to patch in more mids for Noob because you don't have the execution to jail stuff.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
A character having a ton of highs is not a problem if they also have good mids. If you're getting poked/d2'd out of stuff, that's a you problem. Conditioning is a thing.
Besides, Noob has always been able to setup his highs due to his REALLY good pokes and f2 being 9 frames. The auto shimmy string should also discourage neutral ducking

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I think so. It's a high risk option to take since you'll get full comboed by a mid reading a throw but the reward can be a full combo or KB d2. I actually really always liked how throws whiff on neutral crouch in MK games, it adds some flavor.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
you might be just overthinking it a bit. sometimes you just have to go for things to keep the person off balance, even if you think the person will punish you.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Yeah it’s Skillful. I’ll rather be able to tech on reaction to be honest, but I find myself neutral ducking a LOT of throws on KL now after I found out my reactions are buns. Then again, a lot of players are obvious when they are gonna throw. Scorpion mashing D1 twice on block? Throw is cooking up next lol. People walk slowly to you usually when they wanna throw you on a knockdown, so that’s another good read you can make.

Sanjo

Noob
On topic: I think it can be skillful... if it happens after a few rounds necessary to make a good read. Otherwise, it's yolo.

Regarding Noobs and his lack of a safe mid confirmable string. I'm a Noob loyalist and I just want to say : instead of looking at what he lacks, look at what he has and find a way to maximise his tools. I think he is really strong if played Well.

D

Deleted member 35141

It really depends on the character with Johnny most likely people are ducking, ive made it work but his 14 frame mid if you want to combo its single hit into special.

On the other side of you duck like that to characters like jax liu or cassie your crazy lol