What's new

Is mkxl still worth playing?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
The game is still very fun (if frustrating sometimes as anything is) if your a mk fan then id say heck yes!

I still try and play every week.

As far as if the game will be left behind when injustice hits history has shown when a new nrs game roles around thats normally what happens but if the community decides to keep supporting it and go to tourneys etc it might not be the end.

Plus im sure people will still be playing it online due to some folks not liking the injustice series gameplay/format etc

Overlord Pram

Harley Scholar
It will only die if people allow it, if new blood decide to pick up the game instead of being afraid it will die, it will continue to have players for the competitive scene.

As someone who's played this game seriously since launch, I recommend you just wait for Injustice 2 because MKX is just too stupid of a game. The run mechanic, the broken jump attacks, the far reaching multi-purpose normals and strings, the 50/50s galore and the frustrating as all hell oki game will likely make you want to tear your hair out once you get to a high enough level to see why it's all so detestable. Injustice 2's pretty much locked in to be a far better game competitively for several reasons, but you should still wait to see the competitive community's consensus about it after a month or so after release before you buy it.

As someone who's played this game seriously since launch, I recommend you just wait for Injustice 2 because MKX is just too stupid of a game. The run mechanic, the broken jump attacks, the far reaching multi-purpose normals and strings, the 50/50s galore and the frustrating as all hell oki game will likely make you want to tear your hair out once you get to a high enough level to see why it's all so detestable. Injustice 2's pretty much locked in to be a far better game competitively for several reasons, but you should still wait to see the competitive community's consensus about it after a month or so after release before you buy it.
I'm just kinda worried inj2 will have the dumb 50/50's.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
The game is still very fun (if frustrating sometimes as anything is) if your a mk fan then id say heck yes!

I still try and play every week.

As far as if the game will be left behind when injustice hits history has shown when a new nrs game roles around thats normally what happens but if the community decides to keep supporting it and go to tourneys etc it might not be the end.

Plus im sure people will still be playing it online due to some folks not liking the injustice series gameplay/format etc
imo it is for fun unless u care about $ then do the injustice cup thing. IMO play MKX/MKXL but i will be 100 % real here. We don't support 2 games at once like capccom with marvel and SFV. We support one game thats the NRS Community sadly . I blame NRS for not supporting 2 games but anyway MKXL is fun and i still enjoy it but when injustice 2 drops watch this site become a DC site and forget our roots.

IMO enjoy MKXL and play via combat cup, but when injusitce 2 drops MKXL is dead sadly the NRS community can't do what the capcom community does and support 2 games...I actually blame NRS for this and the NRS community but thats my opinion..

[*] - Tekken, smash, everything made by arc systems ever, and anything capcom made with the word vs in the title excluded.
Just that mkx isn't taken even seriously by some players because of it. I understand the frustration but as for me I love mkx and honestly wished it had a longer life. Not sure about inj2 as honestly I've never played it. The wager, breakers, and now gear system honestly made me not want to even try it, the only thing that got me interested was a couple of people saying it was like mkx in a way, which to me is awesome because aside from the guessing game in mkx I really love it. If inj2 does in fact play like mkx then I think I will love it too. And to answer the ops question, if you love mkx then keep playing bro. It's an awesome game.,

imo it is for fun unless u care about $ then do the injustice cup thing. IMO play MKX/MKXL but i will be 100 % real here. We don't support 2 games at once like capccom with marvel and SFV. We support one game thats the NRS Community sadly . I blame NRS for not supporting 2 games but anyway MKXL is fun and i still enjoy it but when injustice 2 drops watch this site become a DC site and forget our roots.

IMO enjoy MKXL and play via combat cup, but when injusitce 2 drops MKXL is dead sadly the NRS community can't do what the capcom community does and support 2 games...I actually blame NRS for this and the NRS community but thats my opinion..
I've always wondered why Capcom games live for like 50 years yet NRS go out too fast? I wish NRS supported both mkx and inj games but you probably know more than me so they won't.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I've always wondered why Capcom games live for like 50 years yet NRS go out too fast? I wish NRS supported both mkx and inj games but you probably know more than me so they won't.
I want to Blame NRS but at the end of the day its the community. When Ultra Street Fighter 4 got updates and Ultimate Mavel Vs Capcom 3 got shit it was the community that kept the game alive. Just look at the EVO 2017 vote. MKXL was i believe the lowest support/voted game. IMO i / we should blame our community for being short minded IMO'

EDIT: in the end of the day blame $ or blame anything else sadly we refuse to support 2 games it seems. Look at MK9 / Injustice part 1

I want to Blame NRS but at the end of the day its the community. When Ultra Street Fighter 4 got updates and Ultimate Mavel Vs Capcom 3 got shit it was the community that kept the game alive. Just look at the EVO 2017 vote. MKXL was i believe the lowest support/voted game. IMO i / we should blame our community for being short minded IMO'

EDIT: in the end of the day blame $ or blame anything else sadly we refuse to support 2 games it seems. Look at MK9 / Injustice part 1
It's not only the community you're right, when boon tweeted anything and 80% of replys were "kp3 please" and they still didn't give a shit then that honestly tells you much about nrs or wb or both. Ofcourse they're a company that are more concerned about the "new" game, so yea, they're to blame as well.

this community is pure garbage lmfaoooo
There's garbage in any fg community.

Hey guys, thanks for reading my post, I joined just to make this thread and hope someone can give some I sight.

So I casually played fighting games on console throughout the years, but Mk was always my favorite and I recently decided to spend more time getting good at it and working towards becoming competative.

I really love the feel of the game. It has a dark and gory atmosphere, all the characters are unique and badass. It's very smooth and pretty balanced imo.

But, the more I look into mkxl the more I hear about how this game is done for. It's really sad but people say they moved on and uninstalled because Mkxl will be left behind since injustice 2 is coming out. I can't find any opinions on this, but I assume injustice 2 will be a better game than mkx?

Also, I hear there will be no more kombat packs and mk11 won't be until around 2019.

It sucks because I really looked forward to getting into this game, but it's no fun playing a game with a dead scene.

So for my question, is it more worth getting injustice 2 and putting time into that game instead? I really dont like the childish feel and cartoony gameplay of it, but if that's where everyone will be I might as well join. I really wish mkxl was still at the top and being updated, but it seems everyone moved on.

So thanks again, and please share your thoughts
Completely new to fighting games, not any good, but I practice mkx a lot and would like to have a consistent sparring/practice partner, would you be interested, also anyone who reads this is welcome to reply, thanks

Almost every fighting game has 50/50s, it's just a part of the genre.
Hey overlord pram, I sent you a friend request to practice mkxl, and you accepted, thanks, I am not putting you off, I have no internet to my of and ps4 network, don't know what happened, but my iPad works, a tech in coming mid week to fix, so I will send you a practice/fight request so we can play, sorry for the inconvience, will be up and running soon, Blue dragon