What's new

Is MKDA Broken?

WTF? Who you gonna beat button mashing in soul cal? "button mashing" works because theres a move for every command you're putting in.

Now Doa, thats a button mashers dream! See you prove your own point arguing with yourself hehe.... All these games suck in one way or another so play what you like

BTW you owe me a dollar when mk8 has strings, i owe you one if it doesn't.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Awee, me have no dollar :( what's up man? how's your cubs holding out with lou pinella lol, he's a riot but the teams doing better I hear.

My yankees need to come back if they want a chance..I just hope A-rod will be inked, he's much too valuable to be let go :evil:

Yeah, DOA is kind of a button masher, I just found SC easier lol.

But yeah everyone has their own preference, if MK8 doesn't have sting combos, I won't complain but it will take some getting used to. :arrow: :wink:

We used to have some nice matches in MKD remember? hehe, MKA you disappeared though :?: :?:

Ok, bye, bye now lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No game is truly a button masher. Every fighting game requires some knowledge to an extent. However, there are the ones with broken stuff every fool can abuse. 3D Mortal Kombat games take the trophy for that, especially MK: D. MK: D has such powerful, easy, and broken moves, set ups, infinite combos, etc. that it even makes Tekken 1 look rather good.

Kazlaz

Noob
m2dave said:
No game is truly a button masher. Every fighting game requires some knowledge to an extent. However, there are the ones with broken stuff every fool can abuse. 3D Mortal Kombat games take the trophy for that, especially MK: D. MK: D has such powerful, easy, and broken moves, set ups, infinite combos, etc. that it even makes Tekken 1 look rather good.
thats true exept for doa4 :p

Sure Dave, I can't say they're actually button mashers like the 80's arcade games of old. Simpsons, track n field, & turtles are the definition of button mashers hehe...

People call certain fighting games mashers cause they just don't get the concept of how the mechanics work and see random moves come out all match. Face it they're scrubs. I'm pretty scrubby myself at DOA, therefore it is a button masher :wink:

MKF all i can say about the cubs is 20 & 7 since the all-star break :!: :!: :!:

MKF30

I think it's personal taste on button mashers, I've noticed at one point or another multiple fighters have been known as "button mashers" at some point by someone or other.

But I would say in my opinion out of every fighter, although they all take some skill to play, they're just different(that doesn't mean there's no skill required) I would honestly have to say that KI, SC and DOA 4 a little bit. DOA the least though. I

The other fighters, MK, SF, VF, Tekken etc I didn't get that vibe at all. VF doesn't get the credit it deserves, Tekken took everything from that game and takes credit for it but VF was out first and although I'm not a fan of either personally, I like VF better.

Yeah, I totally see what KF is saying ^^ sorry I remember your old tag lol. It's easier :p TNNT, Simpsons yeah those are classics.

I remember just pushing the buttons doing punch and kick combos thinking this is so cool.

They have TMNT now for xbox( I'm sure you know that) for the live arcade great game.

I just got planet puzzle league for the DS, WOW that game is killer online and the comp is ridiculous, especially the japanese people lol

Cubs, nice job btw I'll watch when they play the Mets 8)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
MrSchpfmut said:
Sure Dave, I can't say they're actually button mashers like the 80's arcade games of old. Simpsons, track n field, & turtles are the definition of button mashers hehe...

People call certain fighting games mashers cause they just don't get the concept of how the mechanics work and see random moves come out all match. Face it they're scrubs. I'm pretty scrubby myself at DOA, therefore it is a button masher :wink:

MKF all i can say about the cubs is 20 & 7 since the all-star break :!: :!: :!:
Yeah, man, but mashing doesn't even apply to scrubs; mashing only applies to..hmm...well...mashers, really.

You can take Eddy in the Tekken games he is in and keep mashing 4,3,4,3,4,4,3,3,3,4, etc. all day but that is never going to get you any wins unless you're playing players who have absolutely no clue how Tekken is played. An Eddy player who isn't good at Tekken but knows Eddy's best moves will be tougher to beat than an Eddy player who just mashes buttons randomly.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I remember when Tekken 3 came out, everyone had the hardest time fighting Eddy...but once we got the new system down, we smacked down that Gordo POS. Same thing happened when Tekken 4 came out I think with that bitch Steve :lol:

MKF30

Eddy lol, I remember that dude. The break dancing/fighting style with the dreads..right?

I used to hang with an old friend, he loved Tekken and fighters, I loved MK and SF so we hung out a lot and played all fighters way back.

He was a beast with Eddy, I just remember him doing these insane combos with kicks, juggles and shit...

Who would you say is tougher Paul or Eddy? Since dave is a Tekken fan, I'd like to hear which was better and such.

Also, was Eddy a top tier in that game? Seemed like a good fighter but Tekken 3 I played wayy back, I just remember Eddy was nuts in those games.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Naw. Eddy has never been a truly top tier in any game he has been in. He's mostly always been around the (high) mid-tier status. However, there seems to be some players in the US who still do pretty well with him (Slips comes to mind I think).

Same thing with Paul. Always hanging around the (high) mid tier spot in almost every game he's been in since Tekken 3 (I know nothing about Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 Paul). Tekken 4 is his best version, though, by far due to his great just frames.

Hard to say who is really tougher in Tekken 3, or any Tekken game for that matter, without going into the specifics, which I'm lazy to do now... :lol:

But those two characters have never dominated the tournament scene in any Tekken games if that is what you're really asking.

When I fought Eddy in Tekken 3, Eddy's weakness would involve either Paul or Heihachi, with only one move. down + 1. Stops the breakdancing, puts him to the floor on the spot, open for another attack.
This also works in Tekken 5 (and Dark Resurrection), but with Eddy's faster speed and incredible reach with his attacks, it's harder to stop with that Hammer Punch move.

MKF30

Heihachi is that weird looking dude, kind of like the Tekken Scorpion looks undead with powers lol. He's the dude that spins on his ass and teleports right with the sword?

He seemed like a pain to master, but I used to pick him just cause he looked badass. :p

Heihachi was one of the strongest and coolest characters in Tekken. Now in the new Tekkens he's just reused as a character with the same moves.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
MKF30 said:
Heihachi is that weird looking dude, kind of like the Tekken Scorpion looks undead with powers lol. He's the dude that spins on his ass and teleports right with the sword?

He seemed like a pain to master, but I used to pick him just cause he looked badass. :p
You're probably talking about Yoshimitsu. He's the guy with the weird-looking moves and the sword.

Heihachi is somebody completely different.

He's not re-used, by the way. He's probably the best character in Tekken 5: DR. It's either him or Devil Jin. Most of the Mishimas (Devil Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi) share the same moves in execution but they usually have different properties. All of them have the Electric Wind Godfist, which is why they're the best in DR.

m2dave said:
MKF30 said:

You're probably talking about Yoshimitsu. He's the guy with the weird-looking moves and the sword.

He's not re-used, by the way. He's probably the best character in Tekken 5: DR. It's either him or Devil Jin. Most of the Mishimas (Devil Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi) share the same moves in execution but they usually have different properties. All of them have the Electric Wind Godfist, which is why they're the best in DR.
Think of it as a complete set of characters in a fighting game.

Mortal Kombat - Ninjas (Scorpion, Sub - Zero, Reptile, etc.)
Street Fighter - Shotos (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sean)
King of Fighters - The Flames (Kyo, Iori, K', Ash)
Tekken - The Mishimas (Heihachi, Kazuya, D. Jin)

BTW, Heihachi IS GOD. Back in Tekken 1 you can say he was just Kazuya and Paul mixed together (because he was), but looking at him now, that man is a fucking demon, not just any demon, but a time traveling demon who went back in time to kick the ass of everyone on the Soul Calibur II roster. You can say "he sucked in that game", or "It's all about Link", but either way he would totally own you and Link (even in Pac - Man Fever :wink: ). Tekken 2 Heihachi is my favorite.

Heihachi Mishima = Tekken.

Heihachi was the reason why I played Tekken. He had very high and low attacks that threw off your opponents. I just can't see how he got so godly-tier like in Tekkens 3-5.

ZAQ

Noob
Who, this guy with the Demon [ban incoming] on his chest?

Nawwww, he couldn't pwn.

Heihachi Mishima is fun to stomp peoples heads with, plus his name is fun to say.

And just look at that Devil Beard, I think I'm gonna start working on one.

Kazlaz

Noob
SABER Linkdude said:
Heihachi was the reason why I played Tekken. He had very high and low attacks that threw off your opponents. I just can't see how he got so godly-tier like in Tekkens 3-5.
ummm now i might be confused but..... while playing 3d games you want the highs to look like lows and the lows to look like highs to throw them off....

Kazlaz

Noob
SABER Linkdude said:
Sorry, I didn't play Tekken that much. I played more Mortal Kombat anyway... :oops:
nm you dont want them to notice high attacks and low attacks you want them to be fluid and not let them tell easly like attacks that start out low and end up high are good

its mainly strong kicks that go above there head but hits the lowerbody

Scheisse said:
Who, this guy with the Demon [ban incoming] on his chest?

Nawwww, he couldn't pwn.

Heihachi Mishima is fun to stomp peoples heads with, plus his name is fun to say.

And just look at that Devil Beard, I think I'm gonna start working on one.
That is Heihachi's Dad! Yes, that's right...HIS DAD!!!
Jinpachi Mishima...think of him as Shin Akuma in a Heihachi perspective. He throws fireballs and shit, and his moves are faster, stronger, and just plain dirty. Still, not even he can put Heihachi to shame.
But he will put True Ogre to shame.

MKF30

m2dave said:
MKF30 said:

Yeah, my fault lol. That's the guy I'm referring to Yoshimitsu. Also has like a weird mask, similar to V's smile but a bit different, yeah that dude lol.

Also, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have an invisible move also similar to reptile in MK? Or just the teleport?

P.S. Raging Storm, great observation on the fighters sets. So true.

MKF30 said:
m2dave said:
MKF30 said:

Yeah, my fault lol. That's the guy I'm referring to Yoshimitsu. Also has like a weird mask, similar to V's smile but a bit different, yeah that dude lol.

Also, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have an invisible move also similar to reptile in MK? Or just the teleport?

P.S. Raging Storm, great observation on the fighters sets. So true.
Thank you very much, MKF30!
Yoshimitsu teleports in-game. Back in Tekken 2 it was all he did, then in Tekken 3 he began psyche out attacks, like "indian stance to teleport" or "indian stance to kangaroo kick, or slap u silly".
I can say Yoshimitsu went invisible (or in stealth) in the Tekken 3 intro, and in Yoshimitsu's and Bryan Fury's Epilogue in Tekken 5.
The best look for Yoshimitsu IMO was in Tekken 3. It kinda brought the Superhero out of him, the Tekken 4 just ruined it for me with the Skeletor look (with wings). Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu FTW.