What's new

Is MKDA Broken?

There are these infinite combos that you could do against a wall which would be twice the combo so it would double your hits with a character. For example do Li Mei's flying fists against a wall and keep on doing it. Broken. HPs into the wall would be broken because you can keep punching the opponent into the barrier and the combo would keep on going.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's broken due to many factors that I don't have time to get into right now, but one of the main ones is the forced 50/50 guessing game based on the "Stand and Block" playstyle. What that means, basically, is that once you start to block a combo string while standing and if you try to duck at any point during the combo, you will be hit by the combo in transition from standing block to low block even if the hit coming at you is a high attack.

There are some extremely broken characters like Scorpion, Bo' Rai Cho, and Reptile who are virtually unbeatable by any other characters except maybe Drahmin or Shang who round out the top 5.

There are only 3 known true infinites to this game; BRC, Frost, and Drahmin. The game is more balanced than MKD and even MKA, ironically...and more fun too! lol

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Saber you can actually just flip out of the corner by holding up or down so the combo its over.
Yeah I also knew that... forgot to add it in, lol. :oops: Also you could easily beat Moloch with Scorpion, who is the easiest character to learn combos with.

RoGE

Noob
Konqrr said:
It's broken due to many factors that I don't have time to get into right now, but one of the main ones is the forced 50/50 guessing game based on the "Stand and Block" playstyle. What that means, basically, is that once you start to block a combo string while standing and if you try to duck at any point during the combo, you will be hit by the combo in transition from standing block to low block even if the hit coming at you is a high attack.

There are some extremely broken characters like Scorpion, Bo' Rai Cho, and Reptile who are virtually unbeatable by any other characters except maybe Drahmin or Shang who round out the top 5.

There are only 3 known true infinites to this game; BRC, Frost, and Drahmin. The game is more balanced than MKD and even MKA, ironically...and more fun too! lol
I understand Bo' Rai Cho (puke inf) and scorpion (poke of death!) but what is broken about reptile exactly?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, Scorpion that push+hellfire all day long is pretty much all he needs to win (without skill lol)

Since you can't block a push. The move does no damage but the hellfires do.

Reptile is very cheap when using a lot of his specials and also with some HPs and LPs. As ded_ said, get close to Reptile and you're finished. Using Bo Rai' Cho's puke attack is like Noob Saibot's disabler in MK Trilogy. It's completely broken and cannot be blocked. I guess Ed Boon wanted a lot of free hit special moves in Deadly Alliance.

MKF30

It's even more in MKD with free hits, free throws, OTG's etc.

You have to have a liking for the 3D games, I enjoy all of the MK games so I'm pretty versatile in all of them.

Most people prefer either one or the other as oppose to both.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
MKF30 said:
Yeah, Scorpion that push+hellfire all day long is pretty much all he needs to win (without skill lol)

Since you can't block a push. The move does no damage but the hellfires do.
That is escapable by doing a jump cancel (press down then jump forward).

Reptile's sweeps in Hung Gar and Crab do around 10-12% each and are so fast that you will be dead via mixups in no time.

MKF30 said:
It's even more in MKD with free hits, free throws, OTG's etc.

You have to have a liking for the 3D games, I enjoy all of the MK games so I'm pretty versatile in all of them.

Most people prefer either one or the other as oppose to both.
I'm actually a fan of all the MK games except for the adventure ones. So yeah, and I've done some great combos over the last couple of years when Deception and Armageddon came out.

Doing combos on MKDA, MKD, and MKA were fun. I used to feel like a king doing all that, especially when you make them up. I had fun in MKDA. Deception however only showed me the lack of challengers online. beat them once, then you will have no choice but to take no for an answer, even if you say "yes" after the match.
It's not fun when people say "no". It's because of this, I actually had more fun in practice mode finding out new ideas. Nowadays I do the same for Armageddon.

Sigh, they had 5 years to make a completely new game and yet again they fucked up with all the brokenness and cheap free hit special moves. Midway obviously doesnt know how to make a good fighting game... They fucked up with DA and they had 5 years, and they're only giving MK8 2 years? Ha. Im sorry folks, but looks like MK is about to be finished. Dont be sad though, Tekken and Soul Calibur are way better games. And if you want to play a game thats just fun and easy to pick up and play (thats what MK is supposed to be, they should stop making the game in that style BTW) go get a Wii when Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out.... Way more balanced and probaly the most balanced fighting series to ever come out. Not to mention its FUCKING FUN!

Thank god Shock, Konqrr, and the late Prophet found some of these combos out. I wouldn't be playing the 2D games anymore if they didn't find these combos.

RoGE

Noob
PauLWaFFleZ said:
Sigh, they had 5 years to make a completely new game and yet again they fucked up with all the brokenness and cheap free hit special moves. Midway obviously doesnt know how to make a good fighting game... They fucked up with DA and they had 5 years, and they're only giving MK8 2 years? Ha. Im sorry folks, but looks like MK is about to be finished. Dont be sad though, Tekken and Soul Calibur are way better games. And if you want to play a game thats just fun and easy to pick up and play (thats what MK is supposed to be, they should stop making the game in that style BTW) go get a Wii when Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out.... Way more balanced and probaly the most balanced fighting series to ever come out. Not to mention its FUCKING FUN!
It is very difficult to balance alot of fighting games, the only actual non broken Tekken game is Tekken: DR (I believe) and soul calibur has many broken games as well, not all fighting games are actually balanced or not broken, alot (not all but many) of fighting games take atleast 2 versions to be balanced (think of tekken 5 and MK3, they had 2 versions after a year or two and they became balanced).

So MK is not the only broken fighting game, many others go through it to. There are only 2 mk games that are not broken and those are UMK3 and MKSM (IT IS a MK game no matter what you guys say) reason why I say MKSM is because there is no infinites in that game (because you can escape juggles, correct me if I am on this) and you have characters with very similar fighting styles and moves which makes it balanced.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just because a fighting game is broken that doesn't mean it's not fun to play. Look at MvC 2. It's broken without a doubt. Its depth, however, has been keeping the game alive for years.

Tekken 3, TTT, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5: DR, any Virtua Fighter game, SF: 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear series, etc. are all better than any of the recent 3D trash Boon has released.

The 3D MK games are simple to play, and they're broken as well.

Iori9 said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:
It is very difficult to balance alot of fighting games, the only actual non broken Tekken game is Tekken: DR (I believe) and soul calibur has many broken games as well, not all fighting games are actually balanced or not broken, alot (not all but many) of fighting games take atleast 2 versions to be balanced (think of tekken 5 and MK3, they had 2 versions after a year or two and they became balanced).

So MK is not the only broken fighting game, many others go through it to. There are only 2 mk games that are not broken and those are UMK3 and MKSM (IT IS a MK game no matter what you guys say) reason why I say MKSM is because there is no infinites in that game (because you can escape juggles, correct me if I am on this) and you have characters with very similar fighting styles and moves which makes it balanced.
Its not because its not balanced. I know that other games arent completely balanced, but their fighting systems completely blow MKs trash away. And the people that make those games actually take the time to balance them (3-4) years. All Boon is doing is making a quick game in 2 years with the goal of it just trying to be fun when it ends up sucking.

I just wonder-- if John Tobias hadn't left Midway, and also that Dave Michicich guy too... Mortal Kombat would still be the best game in the world.

SABER Linkdude said:
I just wonder-- if John Tobias hadn't left Midway, and also that Dave Michicich guy too... Mortal Kombat would still be the best game in the world.
i don't know about that dave guy, but if Tobias didn't leave midway, I can seriously doubt MK would be the best in the world if Tobias created such a shitty game as Tao Feng.

I can see it now....

Everything we have in armageddon including death traps and KAFatalities...but now BROKEN LIMBS!! If Scorpion breaks his left arm, now he can't do a spear! If he breaks his right arm, that teleport punch ain't happening, and if Cage had a broken leg, you're fucked with that shadow kick! And I know Paul WaFFlez would just love for Dairou to have a broken back so he couldn't use his tombstone drop anymore!
For the fact that you won't do anything because your bones are broken, MKA would be the biggest piece of shit game ever in the world (more than it is now to many) if Boon and Tobias are still together using each other's ideas. Hell, if this was to happen, just to say it has, then the name of the game would be changed from Mortal Kombat Armageddon to the incredible remake of Blood Storm....in 3D. It would be pointless to fight in that game...because it just wouldn't be Mortal Kombat anymore, for real, it wouldn't.
I did miss the good ol' days when they both made great MK games together and I did wish Tobias didn't leave Midway. However, if Tobias didn't come up with something as retarded as Tao Feng, I would probably still feel that way.

SABER Linkdude said:
Please, they woulda still made that "simple to play trash" with autocombos. Same game.

PauLWaFFleZ said:
SABER Linkdude said:
Please, they woulda still made that "simple to play trash" with autocombos. Same game.
At least it would be better than the 3D games. But I dunno... John Tobias would've thought it would take forever to make a 3D MK game.

SABER Linkdude said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:
SABER Linkdude said:
At least it would be better than the 3D games. But I dunno... John Tobias would've thought it would take forever to make a 3D MK game.

Mortal Kombat was only the best game in the world back then because nobody had invented Tekken or Virtua Fighter yet. People would just play easy games. Thats the old generation. Things change. Super Mario was fun back then when it was 2D, but Nintendo knew they had to make a change with Super Mario 64, and they basicly re invented everything in that game. All MK did was stay the same throught out the whole series. Everything is about autocombos, and basicly the same one OVER and OVER. I mean, there really isnt any reason for them to put smaller and weaker autocombos when everyone will just learn the big, broken ones. Then after you do those ones, you add another autocombo off the juggle. Garbage.

RoGE

Noob
seems that UMK3 still remains the best mk game to play at high level.
BTW 2d fighters > 3D fighters any day.

MKF30

SC is not a better game/series then MK or SF. It's one of the easiest button mashers if I've ever played one...Mk or SF you WON'T win by button mashing.

When it comes fighters, it's a matter of personal preference anyway.

What I don't understand is that people who hate MK or SF, or whatever game why play it if you hate it so much? Go play whatever game you enjoy then :wink: instead of complaining about how much you hate a specific series. Then there's storyline which don't get me started on that lol MK owns all fighters with storyline, the rest are pure crap when compared :roll: If you guys follow the storyline as I do, you'll know what I mean.

So what MK uses dial up combos, I don't understand what the problem is with this. So it's pick up friendly, if anything that's better. Tekken isn't pick up and play friendly like games such as MK, SF, hell even DOA4 is easiler to pick up then Tekken is. Tekken isn't "perfect" no game is, to each his own no need to bash another series that other fans enjoy.

For a series that's talked about as "the best" in tekken, I'd like to know why it isn't the first fighter to go pro like DOA4 has. I know a guy personally that's a pro DOA player before anyone doubts me so if you want vids, I can do so.

The newer MK's are broken, no doubt however still fun and believe me online you won't win with ease. I can vouche for that.

UMK3 is still the best gameplay MK no doubt, most fun and still a great game to this day.

To say MK though is dead is silly, MK8 is being made if the series was as bad as some people make it out to be the series would be dead for sure all I have to say to that.