What's new

Is MK11 the most fun MK to watch?

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
The entire tournament is basically geras, sonya, jacqui.

Pro and random hopeful scrubs alike.

The only hype matches are the lower tier characters. Most often you'll find good players using them, because all the 3rd/4th rate players are flocking over to the top tiers, like they'd ever place anyway.
I disagree with that. Obviously the top tiers are flooding the tourney, but character variety has been a lot better than I expected (at least at earlier stages of pools) and even stuff like New Era Geras and some Sonya games was fun to watch.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The problem is the top players are so much better than everyone else, that there’s not really very many close matches. Regardless of character pick. It will be more hype in top 8 when most the players are more evenly matched.

That said, MK11 is the most fun game to watch and play for me. Hands down

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I've had an awesome time watching so far, and I've even enjoyed when top tiers face off. This game very visually shows a player's skill - FT2 aside, we can see in game the decisions and gameplay that are allowing players to beat other players, rather than characters beating characters, which is making top tier vs. top tier still really fun.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
If character variety was there I'd say it's one of the most entertaining this decade. Its up there with Tekken 7 and Killer Instinct

if thats true why are you still a noob?
Not sure how to answer that. But I enjoy MK11 as well, its just the nonstop action from MKX was a little more entertaining to me. It was like watching a kung fu movie. MK11 is obviously the better game though.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I've had an awesome time watching so far, and I've even enjoyed when top tiers face off. This game very visually shows a player's skill - FT2 aside, we can see in game the decisions and gameplay that are allowing players to beat other players, rather than characters beating characters, which is making top tier vs. top tier still really fun.
This right here is why MK11 is so damn fun to watch. The constant battle of decisions made is exciting. You can see players adapt as needed even within a single round in a match.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I think the main issue is that the top tiers atm are painfully dull to watch for a kasual (Sonya & Geras). It's also way too early IMO for lower tier chars to rise w/ some grease at a major high prestige tournament like Combo Breaker just came a month after the game's release. There will always be people like Forever King who will just pick a top tier and excel in it.

I personally enjoyed the tournament so far a lot. It was kind of expected for this to be a bot stomp fest for pros so early because they have grandfathered high level play experience. We still had some fun high level play from other mains like Pig of the Hut coming back to bop people, to some crazy fun w/ $25 dollar tree raiden almost making it to finals on the auction tournament.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Easily the best MK to watch for me.

In MK11 you could see adaptations happen clearly. You could see small decisions making huge differences. Most things have counters so everything has to be so well thought out.

It's just so much more intelligent instead of it being just a race to see who could mount their oppressive offense or oppressive zoning.

Sure, the top tiers have safer/more-damaging strategies that make them a notch above the rest, but it doesn't take away the fact that the game is ACTUALLY fun to watch moment to moment. When I was watching MKX, seeing someone guess 3 safe 50/50s wrong and die was hype, sure, but when it's the entire game, it loses it's flare moment to moment after a while for me.

In MK11, even seeing Waz running the clock zoning with Jade is ACTUALLY entertaining to watch. Balance aside, that speaks volumes to how the overall game was made.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Is it fun to watch? Fuck yea dude come join our koth UNFUCxWITABLE_1 ps4
Im livestreaming to

Its fun to watch but i do think its a little ridiculous how nearly every match is Geras vs whoever and some are even Geras vs Geras lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think this is the best game to watch that we’ve ever had. Pacing, balance of fundamentals with risk/reward, etc. It just seems like it represents all the different parts of play and combines them into a satisfying whole, rather than watching matches that are just one thing or the other (99% projectiles, 99% rushdown, etc).

And when you consider where we are in the game’s lifecycle, this is definitely the best look going into EVO that we’ve ever had. MK9 was insanely broken early, IGAU was super broken and interactible-heavy, MKX, etc.

Last edited:

Gojira Prime

Zoner Green Lantern for Injustice 3.
Meh not really. I found my self taking a nap or switching it off multiple times in the past 2 days. I do like this game but it hasn't grabbed me yet. It probably has something to with me struggling with the Khans but easily beat someone's face in with Geras lol.