What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jax Is mileena just a bad matchup for JAX or EVERYONE?

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Incorrect statements. Do you play one of them?

Catwoman is 5 - 5 against Flash, WoWo and Batgirl. Suddenly Catwoman is the one of the best in the game because she's even with three top tier?
And Assasin Kitana goes 5 - 5 against Piercing as well
Assassin Kitana is even with piercing mileena? I've always thought Kitana vs Mileena was one of the biggest nightmare matchups in the game. Throwing fans is completely useless because of low sai and tele-kick, she can't easily close the gap if Mileena creates distance, and it's not like she's very good at melee range anyways.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You are right, Mileena is impossible to win against.
Impossible to win? I don't think so. If you know her attacks, then you know how to fight against her. The only problem as Sub Zero is her teleportation kick and her ex roll. I often do Ice klones there to defend from both attacks.

Her vortex is the one impossible to defend, because you don't know where she will attack.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Just when I was enjoying Jax, lol! I was hoping Jax would be a good character that didn't have lopsided matchups. Currently a Kenshi main in a character crisis, lol! Any recommendations?
Most of Jax's matchups are pretty good, I play him as a secondary/tertiary and the only MUs I struggle against are Mileena, GM and maybe Kitana if they're playing unorthodox.
His counter zoning is definitely not poor, he has a good run, EX dash punch and some of the most OP jump ins in the game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Impossible to win? I don't think so. If you know her attacks, then you know how to fight against her. The only problem as Sub Zero is her teleportation kick and her ex roll. I often do Ice klones there to defend from both attacks.

Her vortex is the one impossible to defend, because you don't know where she will attack.
There are many more problems vs Mileena as Sub-Zero.
1. She controls the entire pace of the match with sais. You can't reliably Klone because the sais will destroy to faster than you can use to press your advantage because of how little the recovery on sais are she can just destroy the Klone the second you pop it out.
2. Can't slide in on her because low sai.
3. You get destroyed in footsies
4. She has much faster pokes and if she d1s after a blocked b12 she will beat ANY of Sub-Zero's counter pokes. This is definitely relevant because you will be blocking a lot of those vs Mileena.
5. So basically all of that combined, you are playing her game while she builds shit tons of meter, and you can't really mount an offense because if you get in she may have a breaker. Your only chance of beating her is to put her in the corner and keep her there because that's the only place on screen where Sub-Zero has an advantage.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Assassin Kitana is even with piercing mileena? I've always thought Kitana vs Mileena was one of the biggest nightmare matchups in the game. Throwing fans is completely useless because of low sai and tele-kick, she can't easily close the gap if Mileena creates distance, and it's not like she's very good at melee range anyways.
I and Khaotik are confident about this. Your thoughts about Kitana in this matchup are kinda wrong. And why do you use the term "melee range"? You play MOBA or whatever games?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
There are many more problems vs Mileena as Sub-Zero.
1. She controls the entire pace of the match with sais. You can't reliably Klone because the sais will destroy to faster than you can use to press your advantage because of how little the recovery on sais are she can just destroy the Klone the second you pop it out.
2. Can't slide in on her because low sai.
3. You get destroyed in footsies
4. She has much faster pokes and if she d1s after a blocked b12 she will beat ANY of Sub-Zero's counter pokes. This is definitely relevant because you will be blocking a lot of those vs Mileena.
5. So basically all of that combined, you are playing her game while she builds shit tons of meter, and you can't really mount an offense because if you get in she may have a breaker. Your only chance of beating her is to put her in the corner and keep her there because that's the only place on screen where Sub-Zero has an advantage.
I see... Will note them down. No wonder Madzin had a hard time against Mileena in ESL America.

Who tf revived this post? LMAO! I wish i could've deleted it when i posted it. So embarassing. I also like how almost every top player commented, or liked a comment on the thread. I've gotten way better at the matchup though. Once again i say thanks.