What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jax Is mileena just a bad matchup for JAX or EVERYONE?

Blocking her strings is not a simple process because you have to accept the unfortunate fact that her ex roll WILL hit you. It's inevitable. There's a 1f difference between her low-17f and her ex roll-16 so blocking that first hit is so crucial. Plus it hits twice overhead, and her normal roll on wake up apparently has such a low hurtbox that you cant even low 4 it. idk i'm just ranting now.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
jax has a 6 frame punisher so can punish alot of stuff shed be eating a poke from most cast with a full combo.
the low f44 blocked full combo
the overhead ex roll blocked full combo
punishes high pounce aswell for full combo.

he does very well in that mu imo

also any mid/low will stuff normal roll on wakeup, it crushes highs

PUNISHING is not a relevant problem in this topic.... I'm talking about defense. Her FIRST hit is a true 50/50 so if you get knocked down you either have to waste a bar of meter(worst case scenario) or roll, and if you block you can't fuzzy it. Plus her low sai and teleport makes projectiles useless so you're forced to creep up and try to whiff punish her roll on reaction which is nearly impossible because of its recovery.

Milenna was BS top tier online in MK9 as well MKX ball roll upper cut.Happens all the time get used to it she played same way in MK9 lol,but you can bait the roll hope she dont hit ground.I find it amusing she completely misses 2 strings in combo and still gets to stab you in face lol.Not That online really matter that much to TYM,but thats all some players have competitively to play.:)

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
PUNISHING is not a relevant problem in this topic.... I'm talking about defense. Her FIRST hit is a true 50/50 so if you get knocked down you either have to waste a bar of meter(worst case scenario) or roll, and if you block you can't fuzzy it. Plus her low sai and teleport makes projectiles useless so you're forced to creep up and try to whiff punish her roll on reaction which is nearly impossible because of its recovery.
The EX Roll and F4 is a 50/50, I'm afraid you just have to deal with it and guess. However if you guess right it's a full combo punish and she has to have meter to do this 50/50 in the first place compared to other characters who constantly do it for free.

In terms of the match Jax is pretty safe and punishes everything Mileena does hard. I do want to know why you are attempting to whiff punish roll when you can just block and full combo afterwards.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Omg I'm so sorry you have to deal with a character who's 50/50s are pretty unsafe, has slow normals, and god forbid you get hit by a 33 frame overhead. I'm glad there aren't any characters who have longer reach that opens up to mixups, have mixups that are safe on block, and who do not need meter for true mixups.
Stop down playing Mileena :DOGE

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Mileena has to take a lot of risks to get her pressure game going. If you guess right or simply block correctly, you should be able to take 1/3rd of her health each time. The punish window on the roll is pretty lenient, even online, so it all comes down to you learning how to block her mixups.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I would like to thank @prophet009 for coming forward and shedding light on a true struggle Jax players live by on a day by day basis. EX roll has claimed many a Jax players rounds and for just $3.50 a month you can sponsor a Jax player to fight the good fight against the empress of outworld.

"I used to get to get beaten by Mileena every day bullies like @theGabStandard would mix me up and zone me out and I never stood a chance! But ever since I've been sponsored by TYM I've had access to frame data and do no longer get hit by low sai!"

On a serious note, you can just like you said work your way in against low sai. Jump on reaction and she will still be in recovery so you take 0 chip and have to eat 0 teleports. Your pressure up close is infinitely better than hers and while she can spend meter to get into a 50/50 she needs to earn it given the string requires you to be point blank against us and we have some of the best footsie tools in the game. And it does not matter if you get hit by EX roll your going to get hit at some point at least you made the player burn the meter to open you up, but at the same time you guess/read correctly you can punish for 27% + no meter and 37+ meter from midscreen.

Espio

Kokomo
Why would a character who is vastly safer than Mileena with good damage (the corner in particular), superior normals and a comparatively solid projectile lose to a slow character with meh pokes, very unsafe with so-so zoning?

Let her hang herself because she has to take risks in many instances to open you up. Jax takes far less risks by design. Jax also puts you in the corner quickly. The only way Mileena ruins your day is if you aren't patient and take unneeded risks.

She blows up careless play.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
To be fair Mileena is basically S+ tier online lol.

On topic: When she doesn't have meter you can block low all day. If she has meter try to listen for the audio queue of meter burn. Also you can full combo punish roll, ex roll, teleport, sai's up close.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys. Stahp.

Put yourself in the mindset of someone who isn't very good or is new to the game. Now try to help this person out.

You guys are lambasting him like he's a top player or a forum regulator. Remember that when you're new, obstacles and tactics can seem a lot harder to overcome.

Consider that the 50/50's in MKX can be intimidating to some *experienced players*. Now imagine trying to deal with them when you're new. As a new player, your advantages in matchups aren't clear right away, because you're still trying to figure out the game.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and help this guy learn to play his character/the matchup instead of filling the thread with this elitist nonsense and assuming everything should be obvious. Good grief!

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Maybe we were too rude. But yeah, Jax does really well against Mileena, just be patient against her, punish everything she throws at you if you block it and start your own pressure, also use your armor breaking strings to make her respect you on wake-up and even on pressure, the player will have to think like three times before throwing a MB roll lol...