What's new

Question - Leatherface Is Leatherface under developed?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys, I've been a bit more active as far as the Thread Creation is concerned lately simply because I want to interact with the community a lot more, so today I have to ask the question. Is Leatherface under labbed? I love this character and I lab him almost every day but my labbing skills aren't all THAT impressive and I am only one person. I feel like this character has been dealt a crappy hand due to the fact that he's a guest character that a large majority of people just don't care about him and therefor he doesn't get nearly the amount of lab time that say an Alien or a Tremor or any other characters that have a bigger following. So I feel like he's one of the least labbed characters in this game. That's just me, what do you think? Could he use a lot more lab time? Or is his potential all dried up and tapped out? Would love to hear what you think and if you agree with me, maybe you can help the problem! Always looking for new stuff and the more help the better!

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I think part of it may have to do with the fact that he's lost some of his capabilities from the late March patch and that he's done all he can at least for Killer and Butcher. Pretty Lady might be underlabbed since there's a lack of representation for that variation. But as of now I think he has reached his potential as of the latest version of this game. LF simply suffers a lot of issues with low profiling that it may be a turn off for some people kinda like why Raiden isn't used as often and also have slow normals doesn't help. Though there may be still room to lab some MU's for LF considering that most ppl only spent like a month playing as him

CrazyFingers

I think part of it may have to do with the fact that he's lost some of his capabilities from the late March patch and that he's done all he can at least for Killer and Butcher. Pretty Lady might be underlabbed since there's a lack of representation for that variation. But as of now I think he has reached his potential as of the latest version of this game. LF simply suffers a lot of issues with low profiling that it may be a turn off for some people kinda like why Raiden isn't used as often and also have slow normals doesn't help. Though there may be still room to lab some MU's for LF considering that most ppl only spent like a month playing as him
That might be the case but...idk, when you look through the Leatherface forums it's actually a LOT of Pretty Lady and Killer, with Butcher having like 2 threads

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
LF isn't under developed. Not like the Predator variation that shall not be mentioned. Leatherface is strong n his own aspect. Onky thing he lacks in a mid IMO. Damage is fine. Mabye the overhead being a little faster. That's al he really needs. Now if they make f1 7f and a mid that's too much. Possibly 8 or 9f and amid would be acceptable.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hey guys, I've been a bit more active as far as the Thread Creation is concerned lately simply because I want to interact with the community a lot more, so today I have to ask the question. Is Leatherface under labbed? I love this character and I lab him almost every day but my labbing skills aren't all THAT impressive and I am only one person. I feel like this character has been dealt a crappy hand due to the fact that he's a guest character that a large majority of people just don't care about him and therefor he doesn't get nearly the amount of lab time that say an Alien or a Tremor or any other characters that have a bigger following. So I feel like he's one of the least labbed characters in this game. That's just me, what do you think? Could he use a lot more lab time? Or is his potential all dried up and tapped out? Would love to hear what you think and if you agree with me, maybe you can help the problem! Always looking for new stuff and the more help the better!
i would say, i think he is, cuz even thoiugh i don't use him much, i know for sure everyone quit using him. and i rarely see him play against me Online Ranked/Player match/KOTH Survivor.

if he was great alot would be using him like they used to, he used to be a monstor that everyone loved, now he is a goofy looking character that seems empty threats.

CrazyFingers

Also, you make Leatherface's F1 a 9f mid, I will actually flip out because nothing will stop me.

It's more so the fact how small the player base is. Being a guest and DLC character already hurts him and he's not exactly the easiest to win with. Though if NRS buffs him to Acidic Tier then we can see a substantial rise in new players.

CrazyFingers

It's more so the fact how small the player base is. Being a guest and DLC character already hurts him and he's not exactly the easiest to win with. Though if NRS buffs him to Acidic Tier then we can see a substantial rise in new players.
If they buff him to stupid amounts, i wont be happy

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't think he needs any serious buffs.

Fix the whiffing issues of Pretty Lady, maybe change his b1 across all variations to a mid and make it faster.

Increase his throw range. Unlike a character like, say, Tremor, he has a very short throw range. If it would be extended, it would make some of these low profiling issues not as bad, in my opinion.

CrazyFingers

I don't think he needs any serious buffs.

Fix the whiffing issues of Pretty Lady, maybe change his b1 across all variations to a mid and make it faster.

Increase his throw range. Unlike a character like, say, Tremor, he has a very short throw range. If it would be extended, it would make some of these low profiling issues not as bad, in my opinion.
The whiffing issues are like the number one things, S3 should be WAY better but it has some weird ass properties

Rude

The whiffing issues are like the number one things, S3 should be WAY better but it has some weird ass properties
I know that f12 canceled into MB up saw whiffs on females that crouch, so that was what came to mind.

Rude

S3 EX Up Saw whiffs on everyone
Ahhhh. I wasn't aware. That is definitely a problem.

They could just speed up b1, make it a mid. There's no real mix up in and of itself, but you could have a jailing option that could open up other things. Just throwing ideas out there.

CrazyFingers

Ahhhh. I wasn't aware. That is definitely a problem.

They could just speed up b1, make it a mid. There's no real mix up in and of itself, but you could have a jailing option that could open up other things. Just throwing ideas out there.
That COULD help. Makes a useless normal have a purpose but the character HAS a mid, it's just a weird mid.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I love Leatherface.
He's one of the only characters in this game I really genuinely enjoy going to work with.

I feel like Pretty Lady is the sleeper variation waiting to make its presence known.
Killer has always been my favorite, though.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Yeah, I think #1 because he's a guest that most of the community wasn't happy with he didn't get too much life, followed by the fact that there are fewer players this late in a game's life willing to jump and play/lab a new character. Reminds me of Zatanna, actually

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I think NRS did a great job of capturing Leatherface and putting him in their game. His movement, animation and specials are really 'Leatherface-esqe' and I feel that NRS couldn't have done a better job. Same goes for the other guest characters, but this isn't about them.

He's the only character in the game that doesn't have any strings that involve kicks, and rightly so, he's not the type of person that would have kicking attacks anyway. But even his basic kicks are mediocre, and personally I never use them. S3 should be a 'true mid' that combos into a special no matter if the opponent is crouching, standing... whatever. These hurtbox issues aren't Leatherface exclusive, they are present in the other cast members as well.

Personally, if there is a patch, I really don't think they'll add anything new for our Texan friend. I've said this previously but all he needs really is a few 'quality of life' issues fixed and the higher tiers slightly nerfed and he'll be a strong character.

I think all the backlash when he was announced could potentially hurt his future balancing. People still hate the fact that he was included, which is understandable.

I truly hope he gets some help in the possible balance patch. To be honest, I really can't think of any nerfs you could give to Leatherface, he really doesn't have much dirt compared to say... Alien or Mileena. Doesn't mean he can't pack a strong punch though! :p

CrazyFingers

I think NRS did a great job of capturing Leatherface and putting him in their game. His movement, animation and specials are really 'Leatherface-esqe' and I feel that NRS couldn't have done a better job. Same goes for the other guest characters, but this isn't about them.

He's the only character in the game that doesn't have any strings that involve kicks, and rightly so, he's not the type of person that would have kicking attacks anyway. But even his basic kicks are mediocre, and personally I never use them. S3 should be a 'true mid' that combos into a special no matter if the opponent is crouching, standing... whatever. These hurtbox issues aren't Leatherface exclusive, they are present in the other cast members as well.

Personally, if there is a patch, I really don't think they'll add anything new for our Texan friend. I've said this previously but all he needs really is a few 'quality of life' issues fixed and the higher tiers slightly nerfed and he'll be a strong character.

I think all the backlash when he was announced could potentially hurt his future balancing. People still hate the fact that he was included, which is understandable.

I truly hope he gets some help in the possible balance patch. To be honest, I really can't think of any nerfs you could give to Leatherface, he really doesn't have much dirt compared to say... Alien or Mileena. Doesn't mean he can't pack a strong punch though! :p
#NoOneKnowsWhatButcherDoesSoItCanBody :p

Meep8345

Noob
Not enough Leatherfaces in killer that I ran into abuse his 5f mid special. The one where he runs at you, it's such a crazy special and has really good pushback so he can backdash after or even try to back up and whiff punish. You can do some stuff like f1 and then b3(I think that's his low) for a pretty decent 50/50. Yeah you can fuzzy it but f12 just comes out so fast. Also I think his cancels are basically 100% useless until you have them conditioned or you mess with their reactions by holding the chainsaw for a while and then doing the mid. But really I don't think there's too much tech with him he's pretty simple

CrazyFingers

Not enough Leatherfaces in killer that I ran into abuse his 5f mid special. The one where he runs at you, it's such a crazy special and has really good pushback so he can backdash after or even try to back up and whiff punish. You can do some stuff like f1 and then b3(I think that's his low) for a pretty decent 50/50. Yeah you can fuzzy it but f12 just comes out so fast. Also I think his cancels are basically 100% useless until you have them conditioned or you mess with their reactions by holding the chainsaw for a while and then doing the mid. But really I don't think there's too much tech with him he's pretty simple
F12 is High, Mid. I assume you are talking about S12, which is actually a bit of an interesting idea you propose. S1 is +2 on block which makes you F3 more likely to come out if you throw it out with your staggers...however I go over this in my guide :D Also, using BS1 (which is the 5f mid) is something that I use in the neutral at least, not sure about other people. And yes the cancels are used after you condition the opponent, which again, I go over in my guide :p

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
its not a 5 frame mid