What's new

Question Is Killer Frost Good?

BRUTALITY

Banned
i think shes pretty good, decent damage, mixup potential into vortex, the slide, the parry and command throw both lead to freeze states

who beats killer frost and why?

maybe killer frost players suck. maybe i suck. who sucks? killer frost or killer frost players?

REO

Undead
Solid mid tier.

Matches I personally never liked for her are: Superman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Cyborg (lol might get flamed for this), Sinestro (might get flack for this, too), MMH, Aquaman, and Zod.

The characters above are generally the matches I don't like playing in for more than an hour with Killer Frost. But it could just be me not liking something about the match than it being bad. All the jumping around and air pedaling gets really frustrating, though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If she was played perfectly (with her frame perfect reset) she would be exceptional. As it is, she is a decent character with good normals, decent footsies, ok zoning, good punish game, the best parry, the highest damage output for two bars and exceptional mixups. She does have shitty air normals, a big meter dependancy and a terribad dash which sucks.

If played perfectly (I mean execution wise, not gameplay wise; i.e. no dropped combos or inescapable resets), she is A tier. The thing is, her learning curve is exceptionally high, and there are characters who do what she does with less work.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Let me rephrase once again...because once wasn't clear enough for some:

"This char is good. I get it. But she has problems that no frost player can overcome because...well a) their bad and b) She isn't this broke ass bitch.

She. Cant. Get. In.

Her only way in is slide. Not like "lol all she needs to do is slide" like "I'm serious. ALL SHE CAN DO IS SLIDE"

Her forward dash is insanely slow. Her air dash is insanely slow. Her jump attacks are meh. Her walk speed sucks. Her zoning is average. Her footsies are probably bottom 3 in the game. They are fucking nonexistant.

So yes....All that bitch can do is slide and it's on her opponent to figure out how to handle it. Now, she has 1 thing going for her of course and that's risk reward. It's so heavily on her favor that MUs become even or her advantage because of it. But her design is inherently shitty.

She literally doesn't play the fucking game. She either hits you with a slide, or she doesnt. Outside of that she has to open herself up to a parry that if she's wrong she gets fucking bodied. SHE CAN‘T HANDLE JUMP BACK. Characters like Sinestro and Adam probably body her still but everyone is too blind to see it.

Her character design is literally....I'm going to do a bunch of risky shit, and hope that when I'm right I take your entire bar. And she can do that. It's the basis of her game. But as a character she has some fucking nasty problems that no one has overcome, and no one will."

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Solid mid tier.

Matches I personally never liked for her are: Superman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman, Cyborg (lol might get flamed for this), Sinestro (might get flack for this, too), MMH, Aquaman, and Zod.

The characters above are generally the matches I don't like playing in for more than an hour with Killer Frost. But it could just be me not liking something about the match than it being bad. All the jumping around and air pedaling gets really frustrating, though.
I agree on all those MUs, with the caveat that I think Sinestro, AM and SM are probably even, just annoying as hell.

Cyborg is definitely shitty for her, no arguments there.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
She's a pretty solid character. I think top 15. It seems like she extremely struggles against characters with good air mobility

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Solid mid tier.

LOL, Sinestro

Man I wish I could still tag Playing To W1n so we could both have a good laugh.

Aquaman, one of my favorite MUs to play in the entire game

So much LULZ in this thread for me. :)

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Lol...what's the point? The people posting in this thread have literally no idea what they are talking about. So....
Yeah I totally agree with you. The people on here really don't have a deep enough understanding of the character and how she should be played. Her tools to get in are not very good, but this does not automatically make her bad lol. She has PLENTY of ways to get her damage. The talk of her air normals being bad because what is seen on the surface is laughable because she has a ridiculous amount of dirt with them in terms of ambiguous cross-ups, block advantage, option selects that people have no clue about because they fail at reading the forum. It is up to the Frost player to find safe ways to get these things off.

I agree with anyone who says that her dash is shit. That is the only buff I think she could use that might be warranted. Probably cut her forward dash in half and she would be even more dangerous than she already is.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I dropped sinestro because of frost. MU is frustrating.

I think she has some great footsies with slide. Not sure where this lack of neutral game talking is coming from. A tracking move and double hitting projectile and an air dash? She's fine.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Eh. She's okay.
I think her learning curve is high at the highest level.
We just don't see enough of her. She does have her obvious problems like: jump back, jnteractables, air control

Things that need to be masters IMO. Are
Trip guarding w slide, reacting with parry, her max damage vortex combos, and though super hard. Her just frame reset.

But even after all that I'm not sure if that help her Problems

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Frost players lose to three things, imo: Cyborg, MMH, and themselves. Her execution's too high for common players. You have to have exceptional execution to push her to a competitive level --- think what Smug is to Dudley, he's the only known player with the execution to make the concept of Dudley a reality. The concept of Frost is all over this forum, myself and others have contributed incredibly to her potential, but none of us have (or have proven to have) the required execution to make that potential reality.

If someone did, she'd be placing at major's no problem, but she'd still have to struggle with a few matchups - notably the aforementioned, MMH and Cyborg.

So yeah, she's good. Frost players aren't.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Frost is super meter-dependant. Everything good she has involves spending meter... kind of like Lobo. Even her gauranteed reset that is supposedly broken requires tons of meter. Even if somebody mastered that, she still wouldn't win tournaments.