What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Is jacqui broken/incomplete or is it me?

I've picked up a number of characters now, Jacqui being one of them but I have some questions.
It seems like she's broken and was given a lot of tools that were nerfed or not tested pre-launch such that they just don't exist in the real game as viable options.
When is DB2/EX going to NOT whiff on everyone ever under every circumstance?
When is projectile absorb going to be buffed into existence?
6+ button kara cancels and 3 button stanky leg inputs with timing stricter and more difficult execution than projectile canceling combos with d'vorah or raiden. And this is just for a single move to try to open up the opponent.

Does anyone think her RC windows for continuing combos are acceptable with how many random characters you can't RC for more combo due to falling hitboxes?
Is FA the only variation with damaging combos that you can land in a real match against skilled players?
When is Jacqui going to be able to open someone up without taking the risk of getting punched out of literally everything?

I don't mind execution heavy characters but the reward for such difficulty and risk of dropping combos online with Jacqui is so low I'm just dropping her for the time being because she' just feels downright incomplete. She feels rushed and un-playtested with how bad the majority of her tools are.

If I'm wrong or mistaken about anything please let me know I'd like something to help me get past the frustration of Jacqui's garbage and keep playing her since it's so satisfying to hear all those metal punches but right now I'm just not convinced about her being worth the time at all.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Full-Auto is fine, other than her univeral lack of good AA and her horrible neutral game.
But yeah, IMO she was the most incomplete character in the game, she had EVEN more inconsistences pre-patch lol, but I really hope they get fixed, also her RC combos are not hard at all honestly.

I can see full-auto being alright, it has enough working tools to be usable. Although DB2 seems madly incomplete with how much it misses on females in the corner, and even some male characters it seems to have a chance of whiffing. During training it would whiff at times on falling opponents at times it really feels like it shouldn't.
High tech seems completely fubar.
Her RC's are normally easy for me but I find I'm whiffing them randomly due to t-rex arms or running too far and missing the fall out of fear for t-rex arms being too short against specific characters cuz of their falling animation. I'll look at it again soon though

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Full-Auto is fine, other than her univeral lack of good AA and her horrible neutral game.
But yeah, IMO she was the most incomplete character in the game, she had EVEN more inconsistences pre-patch lol, but I really hope they get fixed, also her RC combos are not hard at all honestly.
Full auto is not fine:

- db2 and ex db2 frequently whiff when they should connect
- 4u4 is needlessly clunky as a command
- db1 is useless and she really needs a working projectile absorb in some matches (eg. Jax, Kitana, Liu Kang and Erron Black)
- Her pokes are arse
- Terrible anti-air options
- Lack of good neutral game
- She loses several MUs badly (Liu Kang [I swear this MU is basically unwinnable if both are playing optimally], Cassie, D'Vorah, Kitanna, Mileena, Shinnok) and loses also to more (SZ, Scorpion, Predator, Quan Chi, Erron Black, Jax, Tanya).

Yes, full auto isn't in as bad a situation as High Tech or Shotgun, but it is hardly 'fine'. Kitana is 'fine' MoS Ermac is 'fine', full auto Jacqui is not 'fine'.

Why is high tech not even allowed to lrc on block?
High Tech can QBRC on block, but it's only a block string off b14 (which has terrible range and a wonky as hell hitbox) and f12 (which has stupidly tight timing [1-2 frames] and doesn't lead to a combo on hit).

She also can't do it more than once even if she has the stamina to do so.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
No, you're not wrong. This is exactly what every Jacqui main has been saying for a while now, and why the majority of them have dropped her.
I was just about to tag you so you could preach the gospel! ;)

It really sucks because Jacqui is the only special forces character I give a shit about. I suppose having some of the best in -game lines is her sacrafice for viability in MKX, regardless of what Revolver says.

"Just look at you..."

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

It really sucks because Jacqui is the only special forces character I give a shit about. I suppose having some of the best in -game lines is her sacrafice for viability in MKX, regardless of what Revolver says.

"Just look at you..."
Revolver has actually since changed his mind about what he said and dropped her.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't even visit the jacqui forums but I know who is going to be in this thread.

My prayers go out to you hard working souls. :(

I actually feel scummy playing cassie, predator and tremor knowing there are characters like jacqui who exist.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I don't even visit the jacqui forums but I know who is going to be in this thread.

My prayers go out to you hard working souls. :(

I actually feel scummy playing cassie, predator and tremor knowing there are characters like jacqui who exist.
Using Predator makes me feel good and bad about myself at the same time.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I said this character was doomed from her inception.
She is tragedy incarnate.
Wasted potential at its most absolute.
She is literally to me the most generic/unnecessary MK character on deck since Kobra and Kira in Deception, but at least the two of them were accepted lackeys who nothing was expected of, and even they were more appealing/less frustrating in play.
She's a far less badass repeat of MK9 Sindel, who killed half the cast with her fucking HAIR AND FEET and ended up being one of the least viable characters in the game.
This girl is the right hand of the girl who saves the fucking entirety of Earthrealm, and the daughter of one of the most asskicking kickers of ass in MK history, and it's like they didn't even try beyond her unique variations (which are in themselves all great on paper, just fucked in practice) to give her any measure of great strength, appeal or prowess beyond her Full Auto zoning.

And those fucking cornrows. I can't deal. I'm sorry, but all I can think of is how much I hope that if she somehow makes it back for MK11, she goes full Jada Pinkett Smith and shaves the whole thing off, because she'd look a hundred times more serious.

Tl;dr: help Jacqui pls.
/rant.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I said this character was doomed from her inception.
She is tragedy incarnate.
Wasted potential at its most absolute.
She is literally to me the most generic/unnecessary MK character on deck since Kobra and Kira in Deception, but at least the two of them were accepted lackeys who nothing was expected of, and even they were more appealing/less frustrating in play.
She's a far less badass repeat of MK9 Sindel, who killed half the cast with her fucking HAIR AND FEET and ended up being one of the least viable characters in the game.
This girl is the right hand of the girl who saves the fucking entirety of Earthrealm, and the daughter of one of the most asskicking kickers of ass in MK history, and it's like they didn't even try beyond her unique variations (which are in themselves all great on paper, just fucked in practice) to give her any measure of great strength, appeal or prowess beyond her Full Auto zoning.

And those fucking cornrows. I can't deal. I'm sorry, but all I can think of is how much I hope that if she somehow makes it back for MK11, she goes full Jada Pinkett Smith and shaves the whole thing off, because she'd look a hundred times more serious.

Tl;dr: help Jacqui pls.
/rant.
Whoa Screw shaving her hair
Give her dreads or make her go natural
That's a lot better

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

"Just look at you..."
Revolver told a few of us recently that he was wrong and the character is ass, and unless buffed he has permanently dropped her.

Can't say I disagree in the slightest. Fun for casuals at best is the definition of this character.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Revolver told a few of us recently that he was wrong and the character is ass, and unless buffed he has permanently dropped her.

Can't say I disagree in the slightest. Fun for casuals at best is the definition of this character.
I'm glad he decided to come out of that closet and see the light and acccept reality.

(I'm not dragging him in this post, just teasing him ;) )

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm glad he decided to come out of that closet and see the light and acccept reality.

(I'm not dragging him in this post, just teasing him ;) )
Haha yea he was one of the last to come around in our Jacqui group, but when he did he didn't hold any punches at all lol.

I was sitting behind the screen like :cool::coffee:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So what's the likelihood NRS buffs some useless shit in the next patch?
Incredibly high. I strongly believe her patch note will say, "buffed 121 string to be +2 on block (up from +1), to be in line with 1, 12, and 1212. End of buffs".

I'll be shocked to see anything worth a while. Sucks because I'm really into Pyro, HQT, and FA Jacqui, but she just isn't viable at all in comparison.