What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Is Jacqui an advanced character?

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Ok so I'm a player that is attracted to characters with very tight...inputs.

I'm into the technical stuff, which is why I like DF Liu Kang, Hellfire Scorp, stuff like that. I noticed Jacqui has a cancel in her high tech variation. What's the most she can do with that? 10 minutes of fluffling around and the best I could come up with was a standing 33 linked into a jab string. I figured why waste my time learning all this when I can ask the pros over at TYM and save 3 hours of my time.

So...?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
High-Tech is very pressure oriented, but it's a lot of harder to apply that LK's and Scorpion's.
From what you've probably noticed with messing around she has T-rex limbs syndrome so she usually has to start respecting the opponent's buttons from a distance where the opponent doesn't have to worry about hers.

This is made easier in Shotgun and Full-auto as she gets ranged options, however in High-tech you get her consistent + on block move in Quick Burst.
Her whole strategy is to get in range where you frametrap them with her + strings (she has quite a few) into Quick burst then back to any of those strings till they respect your advantage and stop hitting buttons, and that's where the QBRC (quick burst run cancel) comes in where you do it go for her b2/b33 mix-up and wreck shit up.

She also has the gauntlet charge in High-Tech to buff her chip and combo damage, it's her most damaging variation with 2 buffs on (ex goes to 2 immediately) where she gets meterless 40-50% combos.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I am literally the exact same as this, thats why I picked up Cage A-List. I can't give you much info on Jacqui but Cage has some cancels which are pretty easy, like his F3,[4] and 1,2,[1] but he can also use his Shadow Kick cancel to confirm off his 1,1,3, which is a low, and his F2 if you'd rather not do the F2,4 combo which is a lot harder. These are apparently punishable on block but the window is so tight if you're only an online player it shouldn't really make much difference.

She can link her b14(the mid low string) into the f2 string and that launches at a higher gaunlet level. She's also at a ton of frame advantage on block after canceling that string on block to the point where you get a free low or oh, which can be confirmed after a cancel. if you hold the high tech blast down till level 2 it's atquite a bit of frame advantage ( for another b1). Her jabs can be cancelled quite a few times to continuously pressure. She's got loads of pressure potential if ur a glutton for punishment. She also has added chip from the gaunlet. She's prob. The hardest of the cancel chars, in terms of execution and in terms of pressure output

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

I'm into the technical stuff, which is why I like DF Liu Kang, Hellfire Scorp, stuff like that. I noticed Jacqui has a cancel in her high tech variation. What's the most she can do with that? 10 minutes of fluffling around and the best I could come up with was a standing 33 linked into a jab string. I figured why waste my time learning all this when I can ask the pros over at TYM and save 3 hours of my time.

So...?
You should check out the combo thread if you're up for damage. Off the top of my head, 121~QBRC, 33~bf2, RUN~12~bf4. Basically you wanna get in and start her constant pressure and get gauntlet spark activated. In level two, she gets a launching string (f2u22+4) and much increased chip damage as well as an unblockable dd4 in the air that OTGs. All her useful strings are neutral/+ on block and you can throw out quick burst cancels to keep you even more +. You can abuse your +frames and go for a 50/50 or basically keep applying block pressure baiting out armoured attacks. She gets really good corner damage in level two if you can manage to shove them there. f12 is an untechable knockdown that allows a free gauntlet spark (normal or ex) and you can get it from a string~QBRC.

Her faults are her lack of range (NRS pls give her d3 more range and make her f1 3 frames faster) and her stamina meter dependancy. Once you get in though, she can be hella scary; particularly with a level two gauntlet buff active.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I you're looking for tight inputs just play Dvorah (Swarm Queen) and try b1>WC>212. Probably the most difficult input to do in the game right now.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
She can link her b14(the mid low string) into the f2 string and that launches at a higher gaunlet level. She's also at a ton of frame advantage on block after canceling that string on block to the point where you get a free low or oh, which can be confirmed after a cancel.
What do you mean link her b14 into f2? Also, she doesn't get enough frame advantage off cancelling a string to do an oh/low.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The mid low string when run cancelled connects to a f2( the string that launches in lvl 2)
So you do the Quick Burst Run Cancel after the b14? I've been trying to land it but just can't. I've been able to hit all her other QBRC links at least once but not that one.

So you do the Quick Burst Run Cancel after the b14? I've been trying to land it but just can't. I've been able to hit all her other QBRC links at least once but not that one.
It's difficult but I was doing it in practice with my friend, we were testing a lot of it and her adv. is crazy

E

Eldriken

It's difficult but I was doing it in practice with my friend, we were testing a lot of it and her adv. is crazy
Jacqui doesn't seem like a character you would play. She's not top tier. :DOGE

inb4doomsdayrelatedcomment

What do you mean link her b14 into f2? Also, she doesn't get enough frame advantage off cancelling a string to do an oh/low.
Google high tech jaqcui briggs, first result, "jaqcui Briggs high tech combo tutorial ". I cant copy the link on tablet. Go to like 1:20ish.

Also I tested 33 and b14 and I'm fairly certain atleast 33 is enough adv. to beat out pokes with her mixup.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Google high tech jaqcui briggs, first result, "jaqcui Briggs high tech combo tutorial ". I cant copy the link on tablet. Go to like 1:20ish.

Also I tested 33 and b14 and I'm fairly certain atleast 33 is enough adv. to beat out pokes with her mixup.
But will it beat armor/backdash?

You are right about b14 QBRC f2 though. It seems ridiculously hard to pull off, especially in a match and needing to be at L2 charge to combo off it. However, being that f2 is 17 frames and standing 3 is 14 frames, I really don't think it's viable or even optimal damage. 33~bf2 does more damage in the same amount of hits and leaves more gravity for juggling. I'm still not seeing the benefit of it.

But will it beat armor/backdash?

You are right about b14 QBRC f2 though. It seems ridiculously hard to pull off, especially in a match and needing to be at L2 charge to combo off it. However, being that f2 is 17 frames and standing 3 is 14 frames, I really don't think it's viable or even optimal damage. 33~bf2 does more damage in the same amount of hits and leaves more gravity for juggling. I'm still not seeing the benefit of it.
Not sure, if your in lvl 2 it leads to more damage.

I need frame data on her and hw jax. I know you have to respect her jabs.