What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Is Jackie viable candidate for learning?

I come from maining Cassie Cage and I am evaluating learning Jacki (I know, BFFs jajajajaja), what are her strengths and weaknesses??, is she good for applying pressure? is she good for dealing damage? how safe are her strings and which variation is the best? a pain in the ass is sub zero and maybe Jackie can be a second option for taking him down

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You're going from Cassie to Jacqui? Yowza...have fun.

Jacqui kinda struggles with pressure since her normals don't have great range, she doesn't have huge damage but Full Auto has the closest you'll get to good damage, her strings are mostly safe actually some of them even being plus, Full Auto is her best variation right now.

Key weaknesses of Jacqui's are very poor anti-airs, terrible range in general (even comparatively better ranged moves like b14 pale in comparison to the likes of Cassie Cage), very poor wake-ups (all her wake-up moves are very punishable on block, and none of the armoured ones grant her a combo) and often struggles to deal with zoning if she isn't in Full Auto.

Full Auto is far and away her most effective variation as things stand. High Tech and Shotgun are a lot more frustrating to try and use lol.

Key weaknesses of Jacqui's are very poor anti-airs, terrible range in general (even comparatively better ranged moves like b14 pale in comparison to the likes of Cassie Cage), very poor wake-ups (all her wake-up moves are very punishable on block, and none of the armoured ones grant her a combo) and often struggles to deal with zoning if she isn't in Full Auto.

Full Auto is far and away her most effective variation as things stand. High Tech and Shotgun are a lot more frustrating to try and use lol.
......... really?? is she bad? like in general?

You're going from Cassie to Jacqui? Yowza...have fun.

Jacqui kinda struggles with pressure since her normals don't have great range, she doesn't have huge damage but Full Auto has the closest you'll get to good damage, her strings are mostly safe actually some of them even being plus, Full Auto is her best variation right now.
well..... its and option, Cassie will always be my main unless in the next combat pack comes something much better or really enjoy another character, is Jaqui "bad" then??

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
well..... its and option, Cassie will always be my main unless in the next combat pack comes something much better or really enjoy another character, is Jaqui "bad" then??
It's more that Cassie and Jacqui are vastly different in terms of footsies lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I come from maining Cassie Cage and I am evaluating learning Jacki (I know, BFFs jajajajaja), what are her strengths and weaknesses??, is she good for applying pressure? is she good for dealing damage? how safe are her strings and which variation is the best? a pain in the ass is sub zero and maybe Jackie can be a second option for taking him down
Going from Cassie to Jacqui might be one of the worst switch decisions ever unless you're playing purely for fun. All competitive advantage is lost with that switch, but if you enjoy the character then play what you like.

She definitely is. If you train with the ones left without, when you finally come into someone with something, you become a god. Or you can always stay and level up and become unstoppable.

Almost everyone is a better option competitively lol. But again, if you're playing for fun and enjoyment try her out. I wouldn't "recommend" her for anyone trying to compete seriously though.
Well..... I do want to compete lol, but like I said, just for someone "extra", like if I fight a zoner or Grand Master Sub Zero I know Cassie has a lot of trouble fighting it, also I gets boring (at least for me) only playing 1 character ALL the time (which right now, its my case, and a little bit of tanya)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I won't beat around the bush, no.

She's not a viable solo character, especially to deal with sub zero (since she probably loses that MU anyways). She has several really bad MUs and quite a few crippling weaknesses (poor anti-airs, bad wakeups, bad pokes, bad armour in general, bad jump attacks, poor range)

She does however have the following going for her:
- decent loop-able pressure (if you manage to touch them)
- good damage
- decent counter zoning
- relatively safe stuff
- safe 50/50s
- great walk speed
- good run speed

Full auto is far and away her best variation, though shotgun has some niche uses in certain match ups that it does better in than full auto. High tech is a joke in its current state, not even worth attempting to salvage.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
I really enjoy playing as Jacqui. She's not in my top three but I've been playing her online lately. I am a fan of the high tech variation. She is a lot better than people say she is.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Now that my main Shinnok is considered high tier I'm picking up High Tech. The run cancel pressure game is strong. Lol, and you can hit confirm he strings into bf2 or bf4 on hit (unsafe) or df2 on block (+2). She has a projectile absorb and an unblockable ground pound. She has some good tools.