What's new

Question IS IT FAIR DEEP NEUTRAL JUMP PUNCHES BEING PLUS ON BLOCK?

IS IT FAIR?

• NO

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • YES

Votes: 23 28.0%

• Total voters

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Launchers that are plus, and a lot of them are amazing neutral jump punches like Kung Jin's, Takeda's, Triborg's, etc. So... launchers that are plus on block and have amazing hitbox... :confused:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I hope every fucking attack in Injustice 2 is negative. I hope some characters get autoparried and lose health if they press certain buttons while the enemy is blocking.
Come on you gotta have some plus frames, you kill any aggression if you don't have plus frames we just can't have fucking +20 or higher on block. Hell even +10 is pushing it for me. We don't need to remove them, we just need to make them less severe

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Nope.

Ive said since week one that it makes absolutely no sense that an attack on the way down is both Overhead and advantage, some have soooo much advantage that they jail high attacks, yet, a MID attack on the way up is unsafe...

Now, I'm all for a quick NJP mid attacks being unsafe on block, totally for it, as it should be. But, there is no reason to make the overhead option also plus on block. It should be be safe, but not advantage.

You shouldn't get punished as the defender because universal anti airs in the game are unreliable. It also doesn't promote good play.

In higher level you typically see them in the corner after a knock down. So you'll rarely get the chance to Armor or try to AA them correctly.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Come on you gotta have some plus frames, you kill any aggression if you don't have plus frames we just can't have fucking +20 or higher on block. Hell even +10 is pushing it for me. We don't need to remove them, we just need to make them less severe
theres nothing wrong with the pressure characters having jailing pressure. As for the plus on block njp, maybe not plus, but at least 0. Also putting a gap in jip's is stupid, thats a bandaid for simply not making anti-airs work properly, they just need to do what they shoulda done from the start in the next patch and make anti-airing good.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
theres nothing wrong with the pressure characters having jailing pressure. As for the plus on block njp, maybe not plus, but at least 0. Also putting a gap in jip's is stupid, thats a bandaid for simply not making anti-airs work properly, they just need to do what they shoulda done from the start in the next patch and make anti-airing good.
I'm fine with Jump In Punches jailing if jumping wasn't so strong as you mentioned

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
At least NJK's don't launch. But fr tho the block stun is a bit too much at times even tho in the corner the only thing I'm guaranteed is an 8 frame d4 from my experience
IT does on corner and....scorpion
Edit. Just realized u said neutral jump kick :p

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Launchers that are plus, and a lot of them are amazing neutral jump punches like Kung Jin's, Takeda's, Triborg's, etc. So... launchers that are plus on block and have amazing hitbox... :confused:
I'm thinking that the range of njp itself should be standard. It's a launcher that's really fast, shouldn't have a reach that great.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nah it's not fair. For example, Smoke can do his 213 or F213 ender run and do a neutral jump - this reverses and or avoids almost all wakeups then you can neutral jump kick on the way down and be plus on block. It's very good.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Yeah... that jump back attack tech is also stupid... you end your combo with a knockdown into forward dash into jump back attack and your opponent is forced to block :confused:

This should happen to the jump back attacks:

- Strings or normal attacks can no longer be linked after a BACKWARDS jump attack on BLOCK ONLY. (the follow ups will still come out and connect on hit).

At the highest level, jumping becomes impossible unless you have a divekick or something similar. People complains because certain characters like Sonya makes anti air difficult.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Lol wtf?

The only game I've played where neutral jump attacks weren't + on the way down was MK9.

This is literally only a problem because jump normals are so good. Reducing the advantage isn't the answer and is actually exceedingly weird to see that's requested.