What's new

Is it a bird ? Is it a Plane ? Match Up Discussion

br8kz

YouTuber
Hey,

I noticed we did not have a MUP discussion ,where us Kryptonians can cry about the issue of tiers, overplaying and downplaying.

Personally a feel superman is a great shout but he gets wrecked by the high tiers. There was a lot of people saying he is broke but most of the superman loyalists have moved on to others because they can do what he does, but 40 times better in some cases.

This is all my opinion, I got to a high rank in ranked and have had long sets with pros and all their characters, so I think I can make this thread teehee

I am not going to go though every single character, only the bad ones and the good ones.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Losing,Even or winning ???

Black adam- He is in an unreal spot and I find it quite tough to break them down. Black adams damage rivals that of superman (Not great for the lore but oh well) and it is somewhat easier for adam to get dmg. It feels like Clark is always coming for Adam, not the other way round.

4-6 (potential 5-5 in the future ?)

Aquaman- He, like adam, is in a really good spot, although I do not find it anywhere near as hard. His normals and dmg are insane and FTD makes it a pain to get anything started.

4-6 (poss 5-5)

Batman- He is a right slag, his zoning really limits supes' movement and can make it quite the challenge. This alongside, Wayne's high dmg and insane pressure can make for a tough game.

4-6

Deadshot- Limits supes movement, although it isn't impossible. I like a cheeky df3 under deadshots bf1. But, if you get hit once, youre back at fullscreen.

4-6 (poss 5-5)

Catwoman- Her j2 and improved movement speed makes it risky to make the first move. Her damage also is extremely high, as well as her setup potential. Her lowprofiling is a massive issue for superman because she can go under his beloved f23

4-6

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I am honest, I feel like those 4 are the main ones that cause me the biggest issue. The rest of the cast, I think supes goes at least 5-5 with them, or if they have poor movement and/or no projectile, 6-4. I think Supes does very well against

Bane- Supes trait destroyed bane and his trait. I also feel at every point of the stage, we win, wether it is mid screen or far. Close is slightly more difficult but I feel that Bane's lack of scare in the neutral as well as his slow 11f d1 makes it better for us

6-4 (poss 7-3)

Robin- Although Robin has a huge range, he is death on whiff. Superman has a lot of mobility to dodge and weave through Robin then push his tits in with f23. I also feel we can zone Robin.

6-4

Canary-F23 and lasers just destroy her. If she gets in you can die with her mixup potential but the defensive wall that is Clark makes it ever so hard for her

6-4

Joker and Brainiac- Both have a similar game plan, Zoner and f23. We are far too quick for them to do a lot.

6-4

Cyborg- If we are in, it is awful for borg. Yet, borg's zoning is very good with angles to cover almost all of our movement.

5-5 (poss 6-4)

This is all my opinion thus far and would love to hear how others feel about these MUPs and any struggles they have faced.

PATCH ONE - WILL EVOLE IN TIME
I don't see atrocitus on that list, no mu score or strategy for atrocitus?

Tweedy

Noob
I think Adam bodies Superman and Superman beats Aquaman.

One mu that might change is Green Lantern. I think Lantern loses but since Superman is gonna be a little more free on wake up, Lantern might be even.

Does anyone have an updated mu chart for superman
Also having troubles with darksied when he has trait out and does his teleport overhead overhead/low any tips on that mu?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Only my opinion, but updated MU chart for Supes.

Definitely loses to: Catwoman, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Adam

Even (may lose): Red Hood, Batman, Supergirl, Starfire

Winning: Fate, Darkseid, Grodd, GL, Ivy, Harley

Not enough exp vs other characters

what do you do against darkseid teleport into overhead overhead or low stomp? I know you can dash or instant jump 1 but if he has trait out it seems like you're just forced to guess I suck at that mu

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
If he is using running guy you can avoid with a well timed air dash over the demon, I think. There are risks, he can bait it and blast you, instead of teleporting, so you got to wait the right time. Without trait he eats rising grabs like a bastich

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
An expensive option is to pushblock the demon. Avoid the mix entirely and pretty hard for Darkseid to blow up.

Tweedy

Noob
Only my opinion, but updated MU chart for Supes.

Definitely loses to: Catwoman, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Adam

Even (may lose): Red Hood, Batman, Supergirl, Starfire

Winning: Fate, Darkseid, Grodd, GL, Ivy, Harley

Not enough exp vs other characters
You gotta play Knicks man. No other Darkseid even comes close. You're not getting the right idea of the match up unless you do. I don't think there's a chance Superman wins.

I think he does fine vs Arrow still and loses to Batman, Supergirl, Wowo, Catwoman, Deadshot, Adam, Darkseid.

He could lose to Scarecrow or Red Hood but i'm inclined to say otherwise until I personally struggle in the match ups. Theo thinks he loses to Scarecrow tho and in Theo we trust.

Do you have any match footage of you playing vs Arrow? I'm pretty knowledgeable in the match I could maybe give you some tips Lord ATP?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
No footage but I will take all the help I can get. Arrow is likely a personal problem, and my main Batman just gets slaughtered every time.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
Supes really shouldn't lose to ga. Air laser and air dashes are good to get past his zoning, which is the only thing he really has on Batman. I used to get slaughtered too,with the bat, but with practice it gets better. You just need to understand when to move and when to respect.

Tweedy

Noob
Supes really shouldn't lose to ga. Air laser and air dashes are good to get past his zoning, which is the only thing he really has on Batman. I used to get slaughtered too,with the bat, but with practice it gets better. You just need to understand when to move and when to respect.
I don't even think Superman needs to get in. You can just outzone him imo. It's not heavily in Superman's favor fullscreen but if you're not losing exchanges at the start of the round and letting him get a lead, it's fine.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Wouldn't air lasers lose to air fire arrows on reaction though? Sure you can sneak it in every now and then, but I don't see it being a big factor in the MU.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
You can snipe at him from an angle where his arrow can't reach you, and you can punish some of his ground arrows. Remember that he can't block when he is aiming.

Stanlos

Noob
You gotta play Knicks man. No other Darkseid even comes close. You're not getting the right idea of the match up unless you do. I don't think there's a chance Superman wins.

I think he does fine vs Arrow still and loses to Batman, Supergirl, Wowo, Catwoman, Deadshot, Adam, Darkseid.

He could lose to Scarecrow or Red Hood but i'm inclined to say otherwise until I personally struggle in the match ups. Theo thinks he loses to Scarecrow tho and in Theo we trust.

Do you have any match footage of you playing vs Arrow? I'm pretty knowledgeable in the match I could maybe give you some tips Lord ATP?
So in the lore I see how he loses to WW (PreFlashpoint anyway--she and he both got massively gimped during and afterwards) but I cannot for the life of me see how he loses to WW in Injustice 2 as NRS has interpreted them. Of course maybe my scrub status has me playing the matchup all wrong. So my question is how does he lose to her?

Tweedy

Noob
So in the lore I see how he loses to WW (PreFlashpoint anyway--she and he both got massively gimped during and afterwards) but I cannot for the life of me see how he loses to WW in Injustice 2 as NRS has interpreted them. Of course maybe my scrub status has me playing the matchup all wrong. So my question is how does he lose to her?
Idk most I talk to just agree that she wins like Yung, Facelessman, I think Akro said Wowo wins 6-4 too.

I thought before Superman did fine but now that his wake ups are booboo it's kinda difficult. She doesn't have to worry about much when pressuring and she can react with lasers in neutral and hit him with her shield. If she's out of shield range she has a projectile parry too. I feel like she kinda locks him down in neutral. She also out damages him now.

Stanlos

Noob
Idk most I talk to just agree that she wins like Yung, Facelessman, I think Akro said Wowo wins 6-4 too.

I thought before Superman did fine but now that his wake ups are booboo it's kinda difficult. She doesn't have to worry about much when pressuring and she can react with lasers in neutral and hit him with her shield. If she's out of shield range she has a projectile parry too. I feel like she kinda locks him down in neutral. She also out damages him now.
Hmmm. So I really REALLY suck. To the Practice Mode!!!!

Yoaks

A spaceman
WW vs Supes just comes down to being patient for the ww player at least.

As of now I agree with the mu being 6-4 WW favor.

Within shield range she can punish a laser on reaction or parry. With a life lead she can just neutral jump a sweeping laser to just avoid having to block a mb version. I did hear that she can parry it then backdash the mb version to avoid it completely. But I haven't tested that yet.

She hits harder then him with less resources. Her corner game is just as oppressive as his. Plus his wakeups are butt.

Her back walk is also a problem for him.

One thing I avoid doing in this mu (or at least try) is to not throw Shield in neutral unless on a punish or reacting to lasers. Just one good air dash read and it could all lead downhill.

Even then she fairs better at making a comeback then vice versa.

I do have one question? Can WW avoid a followup f23 after a trait cancel from Supes by backdashing? Or does he have to forward dash to punish a backdash?

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Can someone help in the green lantern match up i usually play bats in this match up but i see theo beating Gl with superman pretty easy. but when i pick sups i have a harder time seems like there is no mix up after f23 breath because GL can always check you with his low you cant even walk back to wiff punish him. its like your offense is done no mind games against lantern and he can contest with sups zoning and in my opinion he outfootsies sups but i might be Doing something wrong any advice would greatly be apreciated