What's new

Is iceclone one of the best traits in the game?

I have been playing Sub a lot so I can tell you what works well. First off if the Sub is waking up ice clone, he just one the game for you. It is not safe, it is not immune, and the two character you use have enough range to stuff it. Bro with scarecrow f2 stuffs that shit hard on wakeup, full combo. If you aren't feeling comfortable with that then sit back and throw f3 on their wakeup, stuffed. Finally if you have gas all the way, you can punish ice clone from anywhere on screen, also has no forward movement, you just have to find the timing on Sub's recovery frames.

For catwoman db3 works really well. Also you can always meter burn b3 that shit works bro, gets me every time on either characters. you can also neutral jump 2 on their wake up with catwoman if youre tight enough.

The Sub match up will be a lot easier after you figure out how to punish klone, because then every sub will wake up slide. Which is a mindgame at the end of the day, but thats fighting games.

Also in the neutral you can really hurt sub if you find a pattern to his strings into klone. For example if the sub keeps doing f22 klone on block, wreck his ass for it.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
no.

Aquaman, Adams, Batmans, Atros etc have better traits.

I also didn't know that ice clone was a true wake up? either way MB B/F3 on read.
You left out the Flash whose trait, in my opinion, is the best trait in some scenarios

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Best trait doesn't mean anything anyway.

Also it's kind of a semantics thing between who has the actual best trait(probably Bane) versus who's trait does the most for their gameplan. Either way your trait could be buns and the character could still be top tier.
How is Bane's trait even close to being better than Black Adam's, Atrocitus' or Batman's?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
How is Bane's trait even close to being better than Black Adam's, Atrocitus' or Batman's?
Because imagine other characters with Bane's trait. Yea, Batman's mechanical bats are amazing, but it's not better then adding armor to all his specials and giving him a big buff to his damage and defense.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Sub is my co-main and I gotta say his clone is not much of a wake up option for most knockdowns. Youre probably jumping in on it or something.

It's a good tool, but it's mostly used to whiff punish and to keep safe pressure with his strings/ setup in the corner.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Because imagine other characters with Bane's trait. Yea, Batman's mechanical bats are amazing, but it's not better then adding armor to all his specials and giving him a big buff to his damage and defense.
And a super long debuff state where you take more damage. A great trait has no downside. It shouldn't hurt your character when it's on cooldown, it should just buff the character when active. It's not like Adam is a gimp without his orbs or Batman is helpless without bats.

By your logic, we could prove Atrocitus has the best trait by giving Dexstarr to pretty much anyone else just to show how good it is. I thought we were talking about how much a trait benefits the character that possesses it, not how good it is by giving it to someone else.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
And a super long debuff state where you take more damage. A great trait has no downside. It shouldn't hurt your character when it's on cooldown, it should just buff the character when active. It's not like Adam is a gimp without his orbs or Batman is helpless without bats.

By your logic, we could prove Atrocitus has the best trait by giving Dexstarr to pretty much anyone else just to show how good it is. I thought we were talking about how much a trait benefits the character that possesses it, not how good it is by giving it to someone else.
Just because something has a downside doesn't prevent it from being great.

Dude did you even read the first comment you quoted? I