What's new

Is H.Smoke's 3hit pop-up needed?

There are several factors that have lead me to believe that sticking with Human Smoke's two hit pop-up (HK, LP) would be more efficient than having to use his three hit pop-up (HK, D-LP, D-HP).

1st- You constantly hear people bitching about the timing when performing the three hit pop-up and it being blocked or breaking the combo.

2nd- When running an opponent down, you can two hit pop-up, JK, TP, Spear and then this is where most people try to use the three hit pop-up followed by whatever they finish their combo with.

My question is, in this situation why not just run them down, 2hit pop-up, JK, TP, Spear, 2hit pop-up again, JK, air-throw? This combo is 51% (44 plus 7 for air-throw), which will still allow you to win with your opponent making two mistakes, and is never blockable.

So back to my initial question, either way you use the combo it's over 50%, so why risk it being blockable?

ZAQ

Noob
Reasons to use it:
Some people like to use every possible hit available to them.
Some people have to use every possible hit available to them.

abc ur dead0 said:
If you do it fast enough it's unblockable every time.
Exactly.. and we all tell to the people how to do it everytime someone ask it!!! but using the search bar will help you too:) the thing is that this is a needed combo if you want to get more damage in a combo =) (or give)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have a pet peeve about Human Smoke players who don't do at least 50% combos with him. lol

HK LP is good to use during rush down. If you run in with a knee lift, jab, knee lift, knee lift, they might think you'll go for another jab, stop blocking and try to counter, but instead, pause after the knee lift and then do the LP without letting the combo break, which will result in a 1 hit pop up and about a 43% combo. And obviously if you've watched match vids you've seen the HK, LP, JK (or RH), TP Spear - combo used constantly. You should always use it in the middle of the combo after your Spear limits are used up.

Its not so hard to do it fast enough. If you are on a controller just use LK instead of HK. Don't push LK then LP instead...

Agent007 told me something very useful to get it unblockable everytime. Just sort of push LK and slide your thumb to LP.

If you are on a Stick its very easy to get it unblockable IMO.

GrindersKiefers said:
My question is, in this situation why not just run them down, 2hit pop-up, JK, TP, Spear, 2hit pop-up again, JK, air-throw? This combo is 51% (44 plus 7 for air-throw), which will still allow you to win with your opponent making two mistakes, and is never blockable.
You would not be asking this question if you got your opponent down to danger and then lost the round.

FILER

Noob
Just practice it a few more times. I never miss the three hit combo...I've done it so much that I don't even think about it.

If you are a new player, keep working on hitting the 3 hit auto combo. I use it all the time and it's rare I mess it up, even with delay. Once you get use to it, it's not so bad. Juts takes some practice.

I think the 3 hit is hard to tap out on controllers so i just slide my finger making it a lot easier, unfortunately I use the lame mad catz controller and end up messing it up cus of the stupid buttons.

kartar

Noob
ROFL Diddy said:
I think the 3 hit is hard to tap out on controllers so i just slide my finger making it a lot easier, unfortunately I use the lame mad catz controller and end up messing it up cus of the stupid buttons.
That's what I do on the DS. Otherwise I use 2 fingers for the HK, D+LP. You can take a little more time on hitting the HP.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shock said:
I have a pet peeve about Human Smoke players who don't do at least 50% combos with him. lol

HK LP is good to use during rush down. If you run in with a knee lift, jab, knee lift, knee lift, they might think you'll go for another jab, stop blocking and try to counter, but instead, pause after the knee lift and then do the LP without letting the combo break, which will result in a 1 hit pop up and about a 43% combo. And obviously if you've watched match vids you've seen the HK, LP, JK (or RH), TP Spear - combo used constantly. You should always use it in the middle of the combo after your Spear limits are used up.

Have a question, is there a difference in damage with HK, LP and LK, LP they both launch the same but is there a difference in actual damage between these two launchers that lookwise, are the same?

MKF30

Ohh ok, thanks I always wondered about that just totally forgot to ask about it lol. I use LK, LP all the time with Ermac and H. Smoke because for me it's easier since the buttons are next to each other instead of going diagonal from HK to LP.(Unless of course I'm doing H. Smokes more damage 3 hit launcher) 8)

I always do HK LP which gives me trouble with Nightwolf's combos as well as Stryker's. I can't for the life of me do LK LP to start a combo.

You have to use HK instead of LK when you're doing a jump starter. I don't think there's any other difference, though. I always use HK just to stay in the habit.

Starting with HK has an advantage. If your too far and do the HK LP starter, the HK will come out and do some fair damage and push your opponent back. I only do LK LP when I do the 3 hit pop up.

MKF30

TheGreg said:
You have to use HK instead of LK when you're doing a jump starter. I don't think there's any other difference, though. I always use HK just to stay in the habit.
Yeah, I know that dude. thanks anyway ^_^

I was just asking about the actual damage as far as running and combo or say after a spear, but Sugar answered what I wanted to know...

I hardly use H. Smoke though, once in a while I like using him.

MKF30

abc ur dead0 said:
I always do HK LP which gives me trouble with Nightwolf's combos as well as Stryker's. I can't for the life of me do LK LP to start a combo.
lol yeah man I'm the exact opposite dude, I'll have trouble doing HK, LP and for me LK, LP is just easier, buttons are right next to each other as oppose to diagonal. I guess everyone has their own preference.

8)

On the 360 I use the 3hit and i get it unblockable all the time on the DS I use 2 hit because it's too fucking fast for me to get the 3 hit it I haven't even pulled it off once.