What's new

Is Green Lantern's the super useful at all?

I have found no utility for this super for now. It's too slow to do in a combo and for punishing projectiles.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't play him but you can use it to whiff punish certain stuff from full screen, unclashable punishes(like Stand 1~Super)or just as an armored move. It also does solid chip. Doesn't seem like the best but it should have its uses.

While we're talking about him, what's the deal with his standing 3? Is it actually useful or is it just a cute mid with a cancel?

Last edited:

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
Its got too slow startup to use effectively mid combo. I only use it against A) Supermans who like to do air lasers a lot, because it will hit them out of it in the air, and B) to finish out a match with chip damage

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I don't play him but you can use it to whiff punish certain stuff from full screen, unclashable punishes(like Stand 1~Super)or just as an armored move. It also does solid chip. Doesn't seem like the best but it should have it's uses.

While we're talking about him, what's the deal with his standing 3? Is it actually useful or is it just a cute mid with a cancel?
It's good after a jump in if you want some plus frames

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I don't play him but you can use it to whiff punish certain stuff from full screen, unclashable punishes(like Stand 1~Super)or just as an armored move. It also does solid chip. Doesn't seem like the best but it should have it's uses.

I also doubt s1 super is a real thing

I'm just disappointed with GL overall. I hate he lost his old special moves. The whole concept of GL is to use his imagination for his constructs and all we got is brickwall and stupid Lantern bomb instead of gatling gun and missiles. His super is kinda lame too.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
With all the meter you need for the character I doubt you'll ever use this super competitively.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
b13 super works and is the most damaging way to combo into it ive found. Still not too viable imo but its something lmao