Votes: 10 55.6%
  • They are equally good

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

gam224

The world's least hype player
So for a while I have been maining liu kang and I feel that since XL dropped flame fist has the advantage over dragons fire. First I want to compare the two variation

Dragon's fire
Pros:
Jailing run cancel pressure
(almost) safe dragon kicks
ex air fireball
better meter-less damage
corner pressure is some of the best in the game
Cons:
Reliant on stamina
Armoured launcher costs two bars.

Flame fist
Pros:
one of the best Armour moves in the game (IMO would be the best if the changed the fucking input but that's a topic for another tread)
probably (if not certainly) the best chip damage in the entire game
flame fist buff cancels into fire balls make his zoning very damaging
ex buff cancels are super +
parry is an excellent neutral tool
ex fireball is great if you think an opponent will jump your fireballs
better high fireball
Cons:
Hard to react w/ windmill punches
IMO harder execution than DF (windmill punches xx FF xx windmill punches takes 20 fingers)
less likely to land throws than dragons fire

Both variations are great but I notice more success with FF let me know what you think
@EMPR_MURK, @cR Xarakamaka, @SylverRye , @FOREVER EL1TE , @PapaRegadetho , @Bruno-NeoSpace

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Armoured launcher costs two bars.
Dragon's Fire DON'T need to spend meter on his combos because he can hit confirm his cancels into 1,1,3 to do meterless combos - 32% midscreen and 35% in the corner. Also, Dragon's Fire don't need to spend his meter on his pressure, so, he can always save his meter to use reversals, wakeups and breakers.

probably (if not certainly) the best chip damage in the entire game
Yeah, but Dragon's Fire can do maybe the same chip damage and be totally safe, he only need to have full stamina - F2,1,3 into FBRC into F2,1,3 into FBRC into F2,1,3 into DB2. And this is just one simple example. Dragon's Fire can do better.

ex fireball is great if you think an opponent will jump your fireballs
better high fireball
The problem in Flame Fist's zoning is that his fireballs has small hitbox, so, against a lot of characters, the regular fireball and EX fireball will whiff even against crouching blocking.

Look:

Dragon's Fire's EX fireball is better than Flame Fist's because it's mid, faster, it does more damage (14%) and it's two fireballs, so it can break some armors.

While in Flame Fist you will have to hit confirm your strings into DB2 on block to be tottaly safe, in Dragon's Fire you can hit confirm your strings into fireball run cancels which is easier to hit confirm and you will be plus on block.

Dragon's Fire is better.