What's new

Is dragons breath any good?

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Don’t see a thread for this yet, and the command grab doesn’t seem to tick of if anything. Suffers from the same coverage problem that wu shi does withiutnlow fireball.

RAYBAANN

Noob
Don’t see a thread for this yet, and the command grab doesn’t seem to tick of if anything. Suffers from the same coverage problem that wu shi does withiutnlow fireball.
I find Kusari Slam very useless since NRS reduced his startup frames

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I have some questions to all those who started using this variation
  1. do you cancel strings into db4 low, db4 kusari slam or db4 mid? Db4 low has that pushback that makes it seem "safe". I don't know...
  2. poking into kusari slam... Yes or no?
  3. can you teleport a la raiden/cetrion/skarlet in front or back of the opponent or is it always front?
  4. is f3333 cancel useless (like f2) in the non luohan quan variations?

I checked this variation a little bit and as far as i know, luohan is still better, but I could be wrong since I didn't waste to much time playing it.

What I know for sure is that Liu kang needs more brutalities. Using luohan quan I can do only one with consistency, and all the other ones the criteria is absurd, or are in other variations / moves.

Would be fucking awesome if they bring the dragon fatality back. I miss that beauty.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Before patch it whiffed on crouch blocking opponents anyway, even with the ticks. That made it useless enough I thought, but if it doesn't even have ticks anymore... no one stand blocks against Liu.

I guess now you can cmd grab from the stance if you think they'll block overhead you could tick, but then you may as well go low anyway.

Anyone know a purpose for this move? I haven't played since the patch so maybe I'm missing something.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
what is it ticking off of for you. The variation seems pretty useless without ticks.
B1
D1
D3

Pretty strong. Prepatch it was duckable during tick and they fixes it.
Set the AI to Stance Hold instead of block All.

You can also use Raptors OS to make the CMD grab only come out on block. Removes most risk but they can jump the tick on reads.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I thought the reduction in startup frames for the command grab made it so it couldn't tick off b1?

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
You can also use Raptors OS to make the CMD grab only come out on block. Removes most risk but they can jump the tick on reads.
You can't use Raptor's OS to cover special move cancels, it only works for string cancels. What he is doing in the video is delaying the special move input after D1 so it only comes out on block, not hit.